|TRƯỜNG THCS PHAN CHU TRINH
DIÊN KHÁNH – KHÁNH HÒA
|ĐỀ KIỂM TRA HỌC KỲ II
MÔN TIẾNG ANH LỚP 9
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
I. Choose the correct answer by circling A, B, C or D. (2pts)
1. In 1995, a huge earthquake ________the city of Kobe in Japan.
A. struck B. strike C. stricken D. striking.
2. They made their living by ________ fish in the ocean every day.
A. catch B. catching C. caught D. to catch.
3. I look _____ to seeing the protection of environment from the local authority.
A. for B. at C. forward D. after.
4. There is too much traffic. ______, the air is polluted.
A. Since B. Therefore C. However D. But.
5. I suggest _______ harder on the pronunciation.
A. work B. worked C. working D. to work.
6. He told me he ______ to leave the city the following day.
A. will have B. would have C. has D. had
7. I’m __________that I can go to Dalat this time.
A. excited B. exciting C. excitement D. excite.
8. Auld Lang Syne is a song which is on ________.
A. Easter B. Christmas C. New Year’s Eve D. New Year’s Day.
II. Write the correct form of word in brackets. (1.5pts)
1. We can protect the environment by ________air pollution. (reduce)
2. The explorer who __________ America is Christopher Columbus. (discovery)
3. He has been nominated as the most effective ________in the town charity program. (active)
4. Solar energy doesn’t cause ________________. (pollute)
5. We think that Mother’s Day should be celebrated ____________. (nation)
6. You can’t drink water from that well because it is _____________. (pure)
III. A. Complete each gap with one word in the box. There is ONE extra word. You do not use it. (1.5pts)
occurs, members, for, food, celebrations, clean, happen
“ There are many (1) ________ throughout the year in Vietnam but Tet or the Lunar New Year is the most important celebration (2) ________ Vietnamese people. Tet usually (3) ________in late January or early February. A few days before Tet is the time for people to (4) __________and decorate their homes. During Tet, people, young and old, enjoy special (5) ________cooked on the occasion of Tet. It is also the time for family (6) __________to be together”.
B. Write True (T) or False (F). (2pts)
1. ________________ The Lunar New Year is another name for Tet.
2. ________________ Tet may begin in late February.
3. __________ People often try to make their houses nice and new for Tet.
4. ________________ Tet is the time for family reunions.
IV. Do as directed. (3pts)
1. It’s too hot. Open the window. Please. (Beginning with “ I suggest ” )
2. I’d love to play volleyball. I have to complete an assignment. (Using “and” or “but” )
3. Nam likes the full-moon festival very much. The festival is celebrated in the midfall. (Using “Which” )
4. She broke the cup because she was careless. (Using “Because of ”)
5. The oil will pollute the sea. People are worried. (Combine this pair of sentences)
6. He will pass the examination if _______________(Complete the sentence).