Để chuẩn bị cho kỳ thi vào cấp 3 sắp tới, Vndoc.com xin gửi đến các bạn: Đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 tỉnh Long An năm học 2012 - 2013 môn Tiếng Anh (Hệ chuyên).
Đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh:
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
(Đề thi chính thức)
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10 HỆ CHUYÊN
NĂM HỌC 2O12 – 2013
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (Chuyên)
(Thời gian làm bài 120 phút không kể thời gian giao đề)
Ngày thi: 05/07/2012
I. Read the text and questions below. For each question, choose the correct letter A,B,C or D. (1 point)
The painter Craigie Aitchitson was born in Scotland. He came to London intending to study law, but went to art school instead. There he found the traditional drawing classes difficult, but still kept on painting.
In his late twenties, he was given money by the Italian government to study art, and became interested in early Italian artists, which shows in some of his work. He loved the greens and browns of the Italian fields and the clear light there, and wanted to put this light into his paintings.
This led him to paint colors thinly one on top of another from light to dark, but he insists he’s never sure what the results will be. He says, “It’s a secret – because I don’t know myself. I don’t start by painting yellow, knowing I’m going to put anything on top.” Like most talented people, Atchison makes it sound easy. “Anyone can do the colors – you can buy them. I simply notice what you put the colors next to.”
Unlike some artists, he never does drawings before he starts a painting, as he feels that if he did, he might get bored and not do the paintings afterwards. Instead, Aitchison changes his paintings many times before they are finished. This explains why his favorite models are people who don’t ask to see their pictures while he’s painting them. “If I feel they’re worried and want to look at the painting, I can’t do it.”
Since moving to London years ago, he has not felt part of the Scottish painting scene. He says he is not interested in following any tradition, but just paints the way he can. However, his work still influences young British painters.
1. What is the writer trying to do in the text?
A. describe popular works by Craigie Aitchison
B. teach readers how to paint like Craigie Aitchison
C. introduce readers to the artist Craigie Aitchison
D. explain how Craigie Aitchison has made money from painting
2. What can the reader learn about Aitchison from the text?
A. He works in a different way from other artists.
B. He often gets bored with his paintings.
C. He improved his drawing by going to art school.
D. He did some paintings for the Italian government.
3. What does Aitchison say about his use of color?
A. He likes starting with the darkest colors first.
B. He knows the colors he’s aiming for when he begins.
C. He prefers to paint with yellows, greens, and browns.
D. He understands how different colors work together.
4. Aitchison prefers models who don’t
A. keep talking to him while he’s working.
B. ask him about his strange method of working.
C. worry about how long the work will take.
D. feel anxious to see the work as it’s developing.
5. What might a visitor at an exhibition say about Aitchison’s work?
A. I love his recent paintings of Scotland, which are very similar to a number of other Scottish painters.
B. You can still see the influence of his trip to Italy in some of these pictures
C. You can tell he spent a lot of time drawing the picture before he started painting.
D. I wonder if his law training helps him at all, especially in selling his work .
II. Read the text below and choose the correct word for each space. (1 point)
San Francisco lies on the coast of Northern California. The earliest Europeans to discover the area were led by a Spanish explorer (1) _____ name was Gaspar de Portola.
He first saw it in 1769. Surprisingly, (2) _____ San Francisco Bay is a wonderful natural harbor, it was discovered by land rather than by sea.
In 1849, people (3) _____ in San Francisco in their thousands hoping to find gold. However, it was not the men looking for the gold that got rich. The richest people (4) _____ their money from owning banks and law firms and they built themselves large houses on one of the hills. This was known as Nob Hill.
Nowadays, tourists are attracted to San Francisco because there they can see famous places like Chinatown and the Golden Gate Bridge. Many even (5) _____ the short boat trip to the island of Alcatraz to see the former prison.
1. A. who B. whose C. what D. which
2. A. if B. unless C. although D. despite
3. A. reached B. arrived C. entered D. approached
4. A. did B. became C. made D. brought
5. A. take B. spend C. go D. travel
III. Read the text below and think of the word which best fits each space. Use only ONE word in each space. There is an example at the beginning (0). (1 point)
Example: (0) …role…
Computers play a (0) _____ in our everyday lives, sometimes without us even realizing it. Consider the use (1) _____ computers in both shops and offices. Big shops, especially chain stores with branches (2) _____ over the country, have to deal with very large amounts of information. They have to make (3) _____ there are enough goods on the shelves for customers to buy, they need to be able to re-order before stocks (4) _____ out, to decide which things are selling well and so on. All these processes (5) _____ performed quickly and efficiently by computers.
IV. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. DO NOT CHANGE THE WORD GIVEN. You must use between TWO and FIVE words, including the word given. Here is an example (0). (2 points)
(0) Two years ago, Maria started learning German.
Maria … has been learning German for … two years.
1. The bread was too stale to eat.
The bread _________________________ to eat.
2. The thief suddenly realized that the police were watching him.
The thief suddenly realized that he _________________________ by the police.
3. Andrew set off for the supermarket despite the heavy rain.
Andrew set off for the supermarket, even _________________________ heavily.
4. Nobody apart from my mother thought I would win the race.
My mother _________________________ thought I would win the race.
5. “Would you prefer to have a table by the window?” the waiter asked.
The waiter asked us _________________________ to have a table by the window.
6. He managed to make some extra money by writing stories.
He wrote stories _________________________ to make some extra money.
7. Be careful or you’ll hurt yourself.
You’ll hurt yourself _________________________ careful.
8. I’d rather you didn’t use that red pen.
Would _________________________ that red pen?
9. I’m afraid these jeans have a hole in them.
I’m afraid that _________________________ these jeans.
10. I’ve never seen a match as good as this before.
This is the _________________________ seen.
V. Complete each sentence with a suitable preposition. (1 point)
1. Am I expected to know all the telephones _____ heart?
2. I am not good _____ math. I think I have to spend more time on it.
3. You can find details of all our products _____ our website.
4. The train will be leaving _____ a few minutes.
5. Hanh can’t go to the movies with us tonight. She will have to look _____ her little sister.
VI. Complete each sentence with the correct form of the verb. (1 point)
1. He ( be ) __________ to the theater three times this month.
2. I’ll walk along the beach while you ( bathe ) __________ .
3. Just as I ( leave ) __________ home for school the telephone rang.
4. The only thing I haven’t got is a garden. If I ( have ) __________ one, I would grow a lot of flowers.
5. Avoid ( use ) __________ the infinitive after the expression “it’s no use”.
Download tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết.