500 câu hỏi trắc nghiệm từ vựng Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Bài tập trắc nghiệm từ vựng trong tiếng Anh có đáp án
Trắc nghiệm từ vựng là dạng bài luôn luôn xuất hiện trong mỗi đề kiểm tra hay đề thi và cũng là phần giúp các bạn dành trọn điểm một cách dễ dàng nhất. 500 câu hỏi trắc nghiệm từ vựng Tiếng Anh có đáp án do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây là tài liệu cần thiết cho bất kì bạn học tiếng Anh nào muốn nâng cao trình độ và đạt điểm cao trong mỗi kì thi. Chúc các bạn ôn tập thật hiệu quả.
1. The house was burgled while the family was _______ in a card game.
A. buried B. busy C. absorbed D. helping
2. I am sorry that I can't _______ your invitation.
A. take B. except C. agree D. accept
3. ______ what he says, he wasn't even there when the crime was committed.
A. Following B. According to C. Hearing D. meaning
4. He has impressed his employers considerably and ______ he is soon to be promoted.
A. nevertheless B. accordingly C. yet D. eventually
5. He gave his listeners a vivid ______ of his journey through Peru.
A. account B. tale C. communication D. plot
6. Will you be taking my precious experience into _______ when you fix my salary?
A. possession B. account C. mind D. scale
7. The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and _______ him of speeding.
A. charged B. accused C. blamed D. arrested
8. His stomach began to _______ because of the bad food he had eaten.
A. pain B. harm C. be hurt D. ache
9. If you _____ money to mine, we shall have enough.
A. add B. combine C. unite D. bank
10. He was full of _______ for her bravery.
A. energy B. admiration C. surprise D. pride
11. This ticket _____ one person to the show.
A. permits B. enters C. delivers D. admits
12. The cow had lost its own calf. but the farmer persuaded it to _______ one whose mother had died.
A. choose B. adopt C. undertake D. collect
13. If we _______ the plan you suggest, we are more likely to be successful.
A. elect B. command C. vote D. adopt
14. Science has made great _____ during the past 30 years.
A. motions B. advances C. advantages D. opportunities
15. He was a much older tennis player but he had the great ______ of experience.
A. advantage B. deal C. value D. profit
16. I had quite ______ on my way to work this morning.
A. an experiment B. an adventure C. a happening D. an affair
17. He always studies the ______ in the paper ashe wants to find a good second-hand car.
A. advertisements B. publicity C. announcements D. publication
18. On my present salary, I just can't________ a car which costs over $3.000.
A. pretend B. elect C. afford D. adopt
19. The girl's father _____ to buy her a car if she passed her examination.
A. admitted B. accepted C. agreed D. approved
20. They are twins and look very _______.
A. alike B. same C. likely D. identical
21. As a result of their ______ the three small independent countries felt less afraid of their powerful neighbour.
A. combination B. alliance C. partnership D. union
22. When he was a student, his father gave him a monthly ______ towards his expenses.
A. salary B. permission C. allowance D. wage
23. Is anyone _______ to fish in this river?
A. borne B. allowed C. admitted D. passed
24. His _______ had always been to become an architect.
A. study B. ambition C. imagination D. direction
25. The ______ of ice-cream sold increases sharply in the summer months.
A. account B. amount C. number D. size
26. If you are bitten by a poisonous snake.it is necessary to be given an ______ as quickly as possible.
A. analgesic B. antibiotic C. antiseptic D. antidote
27. I' m ________ to get the tickets for the show today, as there are hardly any left.
A. worried B. curious C. anxious D. troubled
28. The child was told to ______ for being rude to his uncle.
A. excuse B. apologize C. punish D. confess
29. He is ______ a very old man but infact he is only fifty.
A. apparently B. evidently C. obviously D. actually
30. As a result of the radio _____ for help for the earthquake victims, over a million pounds has been raised.
A. appeal B. call C. programme D. advertisement
31. Let me know if any difficulties _______.
A. arise B. come C. rise D. happen
32. Could you please _______ an appointment for me to see Mr. Smith?
A. manage B. arrange C. take D. have
33. The police _______ her for helping the murderer to escape.
A. caught B. searched C. brought D. arrested
34. When John _____ in London he went to see the Houses of Parliament.
A. came B. reached C. arrived D. got
35. I read an interesting _______ in a newspaper about farming today.
A. article B. advertisement C. composition D. explanation
36. Students are expected to ______ their classes regularly.
A. assist B. frequent C. attend D. present
37. Before you sign anything important, pay careful _____ to all the conditions.
A. notice B. attention C. regards D. reference
38. In the central region the dry season is long and severe, and the ______ annual rainfall is only about 70 cm.
A. refreshing B. general C. average D. greatest
39. The bicycle was moving so fast that its rider could not ______ an accident.
A. leave B. avoid C. miss D. overtake
40. As soon as the children were _____ , their mother got them out of bed and into the bathroom.
A. woke B. wake C. awake D. waken
41. This ____ is not big enough to cut down a tree.
A. axe B. hammer C. screw D. knife
42. In the market, the merchants _______ and joked with their friends and neighbours.
A. bargained B. gardened C. bearded D. changed
43. He couldn't ____ the thought of leaving his home town for ever.
A. think B. bear C. carry D. hold
44. The room was so quiet that she could hear the _____ of her heart.
A. beating B. tapping C. knocking D. striking
45. Through a mixture of greed and intelligence, he has ______ the biggest landowner in the whole district.
A. grown B. developed C. become D. increased
46. The damage done to my house by the fire has now _______.
A. done good B. been made good C. made me good D. been for good
47. The children will not be allowed to come withus if they don't _______ themselves better.
A. direct B. behave C. declare D. compose
48. He has adopted three orphans ____his own six children so that, all together, he has nine children to provide for.
A. besides B. except C. beside D. in place of
49. The two scientists disagreed and a _______ argument developed.
A. wet B. bitter C. salty D. sour
50. The weather was ______ the exceptionally poor harvest.
A. blamed for B. condemned for C. accused of D. criticized for
51. If you are so senseless as to go on long walks in tight fitting shoes, you mustexpect to get _________ .
A. scars B. bruises C. blisters D. spots
52. After lunch I felt ______ enough to ask my boss for rise.
A. strong B. bold C. encouraged D. bald
53. It is a very popular play, and it would be wise ______ seats well in advance.
A. occupy B. book C. buy D. preserve
54. She began to feel nervous when the train pulled up at the _____ between Austria and Yugoslavia.
A. edge B. bar C. border D. division
55. When the bill came, he had to _____ money from his brother to pay it.
A. borrow B. lend C. loan D. let
56. The toy boat turned over and sank to the _______ of the pool.
A. basis B. bottom C. ground D. depth
57. The ball ______ two or three times before rolling down the slope.
A. bounced B. sprang C. leapt D. skipped
58. The bus ran over the cliff because its _______ failed.
A. brakes B. controls C. gears D. signals
59. The ______ of the bank where he worked was not in the centre of the city.
A. seat B. quarter C. branch D. piece
60. Large waves were ______ on the seashore.
A. going B. running C. hitting D. breaking
61. ______ up children properly is mainly their parents' duty.
A. Rearing B. Breeding C. Raising D. Bringing
62. Several prisoners _______ from their guards and escaped.
A. broke away B. broke out C. broke through D. broke down
63. The specialist was under so much stress that he finally ________.
A. broke off B. broke down C. broke out D. broke in
64. Well-mannered children have usually been properly _____ by their parents.
A. raised up B. borne up C. brought up D. put up
65. The audience waited until the curtain had risen and then _____ into applause.
A. flooded B. cheered C. started D. burst