Bài kiểm tra năng lực đầu năm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 (Bài số 3)
Bài kiểm tra năng lực đầu năm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài kiểm tra năng lực đầu năm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 (Bài số 3) do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích giúp các bạn tự đánh giá kiến thức trước khi bước vào kì kiểm tra chính thức.
I. Complete the sentences with past simple affirmative and negative forms of be.
1. Is Anna ill? She ________ in class yesterday.
2. Why ________ you late home last night?
3. We ________ in Ireland on holiday last year. We loved it!
4. Frankie ________ the best student at English last term. He studied really hard.
5. ________ your dad at the football match on Sunday?
6. My eyes ________ very tired after all that computer work yesterday.
7. There ________ any students in the school before 8.30 a.m. yesterday morning.
Mark: __ /7
II. Complete the sentences. Use the past simple affirmative and negative forms of beand can.
1. My dad ________ at work today, so he ________ make dinner for us. It was delicious!
2. The weather ________ wonderful, so we ________ see the mountains 200 kilometres away.
3. We ________ go out because there ________ a lot of snow. We played board games instead.
4. The shops ________ closed, so John ________ buy any milk.
5. Alan ________ get into his house because his parents ________ at home. He was very angry!
Mark: __ /5
III. Complete the sentences with the past simple affirmative form of the verbs below.
decide, hurry, stay, stop, study, pass, wait, watch
1. I ________ studying at 9 p.m.
2. I ________ an interesting programme on TV yesterday.
3. We all ________ the test easily.
4. I ________ for my friends at the bus stop after school.
5. We ________ at the same school three years ago.
6. My parents ________ to go out for dinner last night.
7. My mum ________ work this morning because she was late.
8. Tina ________ in bed all day yesterday. She was very ill.
Mark: __ /8
IV. Complete the sentences. Write the places in brackets correctly.
1. The café is on the second floor in the __________________ (sponghip creten).
2. Let's meet in front of the _________ (natir notisat) tomorrow morning.
3. There's a ___________ (sub post) on the corner, opposite the park.
4. My parents go to ___________ (hhrucc) at seven o'clock every Sunday.
5. Have you got tickets for that new play at the ___________ (hateret)?
6. There's a public meeting at the _____________ (wont lahl) on Friday.
7. We'd like to visit the _______________ (usemum) if it's open.
Mark: __ /7
V. Complete the replies with the words below.
modern, fast, fantastic, expensive, easy, dirty, dangerous
1. Is it safe to swim here? Yes, it isn’t ________ at all.
2. That film was terrible! Really? I think it was ________!
3. That Chinese restaurant is quite cheap. And the Japanese one is very ________!
4. My brother’s car is nice and clean! So why is your car so ________?
5. We enjoyed visiting the old part of town. Really? I prefer the ______ shopping centres!
6. It’s very difficult to understand you. Well, it isn’t ____ to understand you either!
7. Why is the traffic so slow? Because you can’t drive ________ in the rain!
Mark: __ /7
VI. Put the words in the correct order to make questions.
1. you/ I/ how/ help/ can _________________________________?
2. do/ open/ close/ time/ and/ you/ what _________________________________?
3. please/ information/ can/ me/ you/ some/ give _________________________________?
4. in/ cost/ much/ to/ it/ how/ does/ get _________________________________?
5. is/ me/ you/ where/ the/ tell/ can/ museum _________________________________?
6. know/ you/ to/ like/ what/ would _________________________________?
Mark: __ /6
USE OF ENGLISH
VII. Complete the sentences with the words below. There is one word that you do not need.
angry, cooked, could, couldn’t, hungry, ordered, proud, relaxed, scared, surprised, visited
1. When Janet was young, she was _________of the dark, so she _________ sleep with the light off.
2. Last weekend, Paul wanted to give his girlfriend a surprise for her birthday, so he _________dinner for her. He made her roast beef, but she was very _________ with him because she’s a vegetarian!
3. My parents were really _________of my little sister when she was young, because she _________ talk when she was only one year old.
4. Luke and Amanda _________the Tate Modern art gallery in London last week. They were really _________ by some of the paintings!
5. Last night, I arrived home from work very late. I was really _________but I didn’t want to make anything, so I just _________ a pizza.
Mark: ___ /10
VIII. Listen to the conversation at the tourist information centre. Choose the correct answers.
1. When does the swimming pool open?
A. 9.15 a.m. B. 8 a.m. C. 7 a.m.
2. When does the leisure centre close?
A. 9.30 p.m. B. 8.15 p.m. C. 7.30 p.m.
3. How much does the swimming pool cost for children?
A. €15 per day B. €5 per hour C. €2 per hour
4. Which place is not open all day?
A. museum B. swimming pool C. leisure centre
5. How much does the museum cost?
A. €3 B. €2.30 C. €0
Mark: ___ /5
IX. Read the text. A visit to the museum
It was Thursday, but the routine wasn’t the same. There was a school trip to the museum in the capital city. 1_____________________. But some of them were a bit nervous about the long bus trip ahead. Karol was in the back seat with his friends. 2_________________.
When they arrived in the city, the teacher showed them the parliament, the cathedral, the national concert hall – and then took them to the museum.
3___________________. Science was interesting for Karol – you could push buttons and switch on machines. But ancient history was terrible! Karol was bored. He put his mobile phone behind an old book, and two minutes later there was a rude noise in the room. Everyone laughed, but not the teacher. 4_____________________.
Karol decided to look around the museum on his own. He went down some stairs, along a corridor and past some offices. It was very quiet and then very dark. 5___________________. There was a light under a door, and voices whispered, 'Karol! Karol!' He opened the door and walked into a bright but empty room. Suddenly Karol was scared. He turned round and tried to leave, but he couldn’t open the door. And now he didn't have his mobile phone! Was this real? Was he asleep or awake? He waited to hear an alarm clock, but everything was silent.
Match the sentences A–E with the gaps 1–5 in the text.
1. 'Now this is my phone!' he shouted, angrily.
2. There weren’t any people down here – or were there?
3. They chatted and listened to music on their mobile phones or MP3 players.
4. Inside the museum, the teacher suggested having a look around before lunch.
5. Most of the students were happy to leave school behind.
Mark: ___ /5
X. Choose two of the situations below. Write two messages using the correct phrases for each situation.
Message of congratulation: a friend passed a driving test.
Message of sympathy: a friend broke their leg when they were playing football.
Phone message: to your parents/ from your sister/ she missed the train.
Thank-you note: you received a music gift voucher from your aunt and uncle.
Total: __ /70