Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 10 Ecotourism
Ôn tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 10: Ecotourism
Với mong muốn giúp các em học sinh học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 10, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 theo từng Unit khác nhau. Đề luyện tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh Unit 10 gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp học sinh lớp 10 nắm chắc kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. culture B. public C. sustain D. butterfly
2. A. pollution B. coral C. problem D. ecology
3. A. discount B. observe C. safari D. scuba-diving
4. A. relax B. departure C. benefit D. interest
5. A. nature B. manage C. balance D. campfire
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
6. A. suggest B. involve C. travel D. sustain
7. A. natural B. safari C. interest D. benefit
8. A. butterfly B. departure C. tradition D. protection
9. A. environment B. ecology C. sustainable D. beneficial
10. A. ecotourism B. relaxation C. preservation D. disappointed
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A. B. C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
11. You can see different kinds of rare animals in this park.
A. priceless B. half-cooked C. unlimited D. limited
12. If you book tickets early, you can get a discount.
A. award B. prize C. deduction D. bonus
13. A sustainable forest is a forest where trees that are cut are replanted and the wildlife is protected.
A. pre-tested B. preserved C. reserved D. protested
14. When you take part in an eco tour, you learn more about the cultural traditions of the local people and the natural habitat of some rare animals.
A. participate B. conduct C. enjoy D. depart
15. Cutting down trees or hunting wild animals may upset the ecological balance of an area.
A. strengthen B. motivate C. comfort D. disturb
16. Mass tourism may cause numerous problems.
A. bring in B. bring up C. bring about D. bring away
17. I am very much interested in learningmore about ecotourism and its benefits.
A. problems B. advantages C. dangers D. issues
18. Ecotourism means travel to areas of natural or ecological interest to observe wildlife and learn about the environment.
A. look at B. look up C. look into D. look down
19. Mass tourism has contributed to the destruction of the environment.
A. organization B. structure C. construction D. devastation
20. A lot of waste from hotels and vehicles is also discharged into the water and air.
A. discussed B. collected C. released D. treated
21. Tourists enjoy the beauty of wildlife without harmingit.
A. fostering B. damaging C. protecting D. preserving
22. To entertain tourists, we have to change our usual foods to suit their tastes or adaptdances and traditions to suit their needs.
A. satisfy B. enjoy C. attract D. persuade
23. Ecotourism can be beneficial to local people.
A. bad B. good C. different D. meaningless
24. To build hotels, people destroy forests.
A. re-plant B. grow C. wipe out D. protect
25. Ecotourism helps tourists learn how to protect the environment.
A. damage B. change C. adapt D.save
26. Some farmers in the Mekong Delta have attracted hundreds of foreign visitors to their ecological gardens.
A. appealed to B. refused C. rejected D. turned down
27. Our country's natural and cultural potential for ecotourism is well known.
A. possibility for failure B. possibility for victory
C. possibility for loss D. possibility for achievement
28. Eco tours in our country involve mainly travel to natural places.
A. primarily B. basically C. initially D. roughly
29. Their activities are not based on the ecotourism principles.
A. principals B. rules C. criteria D. points
30. If tourists throw rubbish or break tree branches, they are heavily fined.
A. advanced B. compensated C. penalized in moneyD. awarded in money
31. Some tourist areas have suffered from some environmental damage.
A. covered B. finished C. taken D. undergone
32. Ecotourism activities have had some negative impacts on the environment and peoplein the area.
A. influences B. factors C. criteria D. stimuli
33. The worst impact is the massiveloss of land.
A. minimal B. tiny C. heavy D. acceptable
34. Ecotourism needs to recruit better educated people, so it won't provide more jobs forthe local people.
A. reduce B. offer C. wipe out D. add
35. If tourists leave litter after the picnic, they may cause pollution.
A. drop B. depart C. escape D. disappear
36. Making a campfire requires cutting down trees for firewood.
A. demands B. fosters C. encourages D. prevents
37. Campfires may cause forest fires if they are unattended.
A. focused B. neglected C. looked after D. watched
38. Hunting animals may lead to their extinction.
A. reduction B. imprisonment C. death D. survival
39. Ecotourism is booming and tour operators say this helps nature.
A. decreasing B. declining C. falling D. flourishing
40. Ecotourism is making animals bolder and become less cautious about other animals.
A. careful B. careless C. reckless D. foolish
41. If animals become less careful about other animals, they are at risk of being attacked by their natural predators.
A. helped B. harmed C. protected D. saved
42. Ecotourism is a unique way for travelers to engage in sustainable tourism whilevacationing.
A. disconnect B. promise to marry C. join D. catch
Exercise 4. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
43. The United Nations has declared the celebration of the International Day ofEcotourism, to promote sustainable practices in this growing industry.
A. favour B. raise C. boost D. delay
44. In order for ecotourism to be categorized as successful, itmust involve local populations in the program.
A. exclude B. comprise C. engage D. relate
45. Venice has suggested imposing a tax on all visitors to help pay for restoration of theancient buildings.
A. introducing B. removing C. levying D. lessening
46. There are 1.6 billion tourists roaming the world, and the impact of tourism can be devastating.
A. disastrous B. nondestructive C. ruinous D. devastative
47. "Green" tourists or "eco-tourists" are upset by the effects of mass tourism.
A. tense B. troubled C. nervous D. relaxed
48. How many people can visit the Galapagos Islands off the coast of Ecuador without affecting the ecological balance?
A. keeping intact B. influencing C. troubling D. causing disturbance
49. It may become necessary for the United Nations to work out internationalagreements and strict environmental controls on the tourist industry.
A. tight B. loose C. exact D. accurate
50. Researchers believe tourists disrupt animals in their natural habitat.
A. disturb B. confuse C. organize D. mix up
Hiện tại VnDoc.com chưa cập nhật được đáp án, mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung đề thi tại đây: Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 10 Ecotourism. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.