Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 Cities Of The Future
Ôn tập Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9: Cities Of The Future
Bài tập Tiếng Anh 11 chương trình mới Unit 9 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh nâng cao lớp 11 theo từng Unit do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh khác nhau được biên tập bám sát chương trình học giúp học sinh lớp 11 củng cố kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. dweller
2. A. commercial
3. A. inhabitant
4. A. upgrade
5. A. disposal
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
6. A. organiser
7. A. presentation
8. A. renewable
9. A. familiar
10. A. overcrowded
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
11. Local authorities should find ways to limit the use of private cars and encourage city ______ to use public transport.
A. Commuters B. planners C. dwellers D. people
12. To get ready for the presentation, we can start preparing the slides while Jeremy will do the ________.
A. speaking B. telling C. talking D. speech
13. Located about 60 km southwest of Seoul, this eco city has been planned around a Central park and designed so that every resident can walk to work in the business______ .
A. District B. area C. location D. organisation
14. The waste ______ system here is also innovative. There are no rubbish trucksor waste bins in the Street.
A. Dump B. disposal C. landfill D. throwaway
15. London is a/an ________ city. It’s a melting pot for people from all parts ofthe world.
A. International B. national C. metropolitan D. cosmopolitan
16. Cities in poorer countries often lack basic _______ . Without it, they are unable tofunction properly as cities.
A. Structure B. construction C. infrastructure D. condition
17. The _______ of living m some places can be very high. Prices in London areparticularly exorbitant.
A. Value B. price C. worth D. cost
18. Urban ______ is prevalent in most cities. Everywhere you go there are buildingsites, pedestrian precincts, blocks of flat, and housing estates spreading into the countryside.
A. Sprawl B. expansion C. widening D. spread
19. This safe, _____ friendly city is like a paradise for its inhabitants who canenjoy the highest quality of life.
A. Environment B. Environmental C. Environmentally D. environmentalist
20. _____ waste is putting city dweller’s health at a real risk.
A. Treatment B. Untreated C. Non-treatment D. Non-treated
21. Every month, scientists invent new gadgets and _______ to help us with our dailylives, and discover ways to make existing technology faster and better.
A. Experiments B. effects C. laboratories D. equipment
22. Unlike the country where the day often ends quite early in the evening, the cityoffers its people exciting_________ .
A. Activities B. performances C. nightlife D. night clubs
23. The roads are terrible. I’m always getting __________ in traffic.
A. Stuck B. lost C. exhausted D. late
24. A pedestrian ______ is a specified place on the road where people can cross.
A. Crossroads B. Crossing C. junction D. T-junction
25. Everything’ s bit more expensive here and property prices are extremely high.A lot of people have no choice but to live in the _________ and commute in to work.
A. Outskirt B. suburbs C. city D. urban
26. It’s much safer for cyclists to get around these days with cycle ________ everywhere.
A. lanes B. streets C. roads D. paths
27. The _______ is where you’ll find all the large department stores and banks.
A. City heart B. town hall C. city centre D. business district
28. Exhaust _______ from cars are responsible for much of the air pollution in cities.
A. Fumes B. smokes C. gases D. smog
29. Many factories still allow ________ , such as toxic waste, to flow into our rivers.
A. Pollution B. litters C. garbage D. pollutants
30. Many commuters struggling to work through the rush-hour ________ ask ‘Is it worth it?’
A. Congestion B. vehicles C. roads D. accidents
31. It is, perhaps, the daily stresses and _________ of the city which make life there a matter of survival rather than of enjoyment.
A. Depresses B. strains C. demands D. challenges
32. Most cars nowadays are fitted with a security __________ of some kind.
A. Motor B. gadget C. tool D. device
33. The greenhouse_______ takes place when certain gases in the atmosphere trap sun’s heat.
A. Emission B. gas C. effect D. affect
34. Pollution and heavy traffic are common problems in ___________ cities.
A. Cosmopolitan B. modem C. metropolitan D. overcrowded
35. Millions of people around the world still live in poverty. They are strugglingevery day simply to _______ .
A. Get up B. get by C. get on D. get round
Còn tiếp ...
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ tài liệu ôn tập và đáp án tại đây: Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 Cities Of The Future. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,.. Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.