Bài tập ở nhà tiếng Anh lớp 9 trong thời gian nghỉ dịch Corona
Bài tập ở nhà trong thời gian nghỉ Corona môn tiếng Anh 9
Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 trong thời gian nghỉ phòng chống dịch Corona có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ tài liệu Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 mới do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 9 có đáp án được biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới của bộ Giáo dục & đào tạo giúp các em ôn tập kiến thức hiệu quả.
Lưu ý: Nếu không tìm thấy nút Tải về bài viết này, bạn vui lòng kéo xuống cuối bài viết để tải về.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
|1. A. ghost||B. locate||C. joke||D. modern|
|2. A. primary||B. hike||C. linguistics||D. divide|
|3. A. further||B. ethnic||C. sunbathing||D. therefore|
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
|4. A. climate||B. comprise||C. notice||D. casual|
|5. A. edition||B. deposit||C. separate||D. collection|
|6. A. benefit||B. commercial||C. encourage||D. embroider|
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
7. The bus__________before I reached the bus-stop.
B. had left
C. was leaving
D. will leave
8. The hotter the weather is, __________.
A. more tired we feel
B. we will feel more tired
C. more and more we feel tired
D. the more tired we feel
9. The teacher needs to__________the class into two to play the game.
10. I’ve tried those tablets and they are not__________in helping me stop coughing.
11. Which is__________, an elephant or a blue whale?
B. the bigger
D. the biggest
12. He couldn’t reach the goal, __________surprised me.
13. The school__________all the student to take an interest in arts.
14. I like sitting on the beach watching the__________in the evenings.
15. There is__________food left but not enough for everyone.
B. a few
D. a little
16. I bought these magazines__________have something to read on the trip.
B. so that
C. so as to
D. in order
17. They suggested__________the archaeological site the next weekend.
A. to visit
C. should visit
D. would visit
18. If I were in your shoes, __________.
A. I will say sorry to them
B. they would buy them for me
C. I would apologize to them
D. they can have them
19. I plan to__________around the world after I graduate from university.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
20. The (A) humming-bird is (B) one of the most (C) smallest birds we know (D) of.
21. She is (A) singing and dancing merrily (B) when the doctor (C) called to see (D) her.
22. You (A) need your (B) shoes to repair (C), don’t (D) you?
23. I borrowed some (A) milk from (B) a neighbor of us (C) as we didn’t have enough (D) for breakfast.
24. When (A) they lived (B) in Jakarta, they (C) used to eating (D) Indonesian food.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
25. Jim: “What about collecting used paper, bottles and plastic bags every day?” Ha and Mai: “_____”
A. Because they can pollute the environment.
B. How come? Who can do that?
C. That’s a very good idea. Let’s do that.
D. What about this weekend?
26. Phuong: “I’m taking my TOEFL test tomorrow.” Daisy: “_________”
A. Good fortune
B. Good Luck.
C. Good outcome.
D. Good success.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
27. Don’t worry, you can count on me. I’ll try my best to help you.
A. look after
B. live on
C. rely on
D. stand for
28. We had a discussion in class today about requiring students to wear school uniforms.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
29. A small fish needs camouflage to hide itself so that its enemies cannot find it.
30. Solar energy doesn’t cause pollution, but it is not cheap.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct word that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
It is estimated that about three billion people use the Internet computer network around the
world. Most people use the Internet to (31)_________information or for entertainment. A new study, however, shows us that almost 10% of Internet users are using it so often that it is seriously harming their lives. The study (32)_________that these people may find it difficult to stop using the Internet because they have become addicted. Someone who is addicted finds it extremely difficult to stop (33)_________activity. According to a psychologist in the field, 30% of Internet users claim that they use the Internet to escape from (34)_________or emotions. The study also shows that having a chat or discussion with strangers on the Internet is one of the most (35)_________activities.
|31. A. take||B. get||C. make||D. catch|
|32. A. says||B. speaks||C. converses||D. tells|
|33. A. the||B. a||C. an||D. no article|
|34. A. trouble||B. nuisance||C. dangers||D. problems|
|35. A. liking||B. desired||C. addictive||D. hunted|
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
“Sesame Street” has been called “the longest street in the world”. That is because the television program can be seen in so many parts of the world.
That program became one of America’s exports soon after it was shown in New York in 1969.
In the United States more than six million children watch the program regularly. Although some
people do not agree to some parts of the program, parents praise it highly.
Tests have shown that children have learned much from watching “Sesame Street”. The children who watch it five times a week learn more than those who watch it less. In the United States the program is shown at different hours during the week in order to increase the number of children who can watch it regularly.
The program uses songs, stories, jokes and pictures to give children a basic understanding of numbers, letters and human relationships.
Why has “Sesame Street” been so much more successful than other children’s shows? Many
reasons have been suggested, such as the educational theories of its producers, the support from both the government and businessmen, and the full use of various kinds television skills. Perhaps another important reason is that mothers watch “Sesame Street” together with their children. This is partly because famous film stars often appear on “Sesame Street”. But the best reason for the success of the program may be that it makes every child watching it feel able to learn. The child finds himself learning, and he wants to learn more.
36. The “Sesame Street” has been called “the longest street in the world” because it is_________.
A. the longest street in the United States.
B. shown in many countries
C. the longest television program in the world.
D. watched regularly by six million children
37. The underlined word “praise” in the passage probably means________.
A. use to teach children
B. watch and study
C. produce and sell
D. approve and admire
38. In the United States many children can watch the program regularly because_________.
A. they needn’t go to school
B. it is shown many hours a day
C. it is shown in the evening
D. it is shown many times during the week
39. Which of the following are used in the program “Sesame Street”?
A. songs, stories, jokes and numbers
B. pictures, letters and relationships
C. songs, stories, jokes and pictures
D. numbers and human relationships
40. One of the important reasons for the success of the program is that________.
A. not only children but also their mothers like to watch it
B. many famous film stars enjoy watching it
C. it teaches educational theories
D. it is produced by the government
Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words.
41. The teacher was too tired to teach us how to swim.
The teacher was not___________________________________
42. The mother made the little girl go to bed in time.
The little girl_________________________________________
43. She can’t go to school today because she is ill.
44. My sister began to learn English when she was six years old.
My sister has_____________________________________________
45. The car was so expensive that my dad didn’t buy it.
The car was too__________________________________________
Combine two sentences into a new one using the given words in brackets. Do not change the
given words in any ways.
46. She stayed at home. She did not go to see him. (instead of)
47. The exercise was very long. Jimmy couldn’t do it in thirty minutes. (too)
48. He tried hard. He couldn’t set up a new world record. (although)
49. He went on holiday. I went on holiday. (Both....and)
50. Mary’s room is dirty. It is messy too. (not only.....but)
Trên đây là Bài ôn tập ở nhà môn tiếng Anh lớp 9 trong thời gian nghỉ Corona. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập môn Anh 9 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.