Bài tập ôn tập tiếng Anh lớp 10 - Bài 1,2,3
REVIEW ENGLISH 10 UNIT 1,2,3
Bài tập tiếng Anh nâng cao lớp 10 cung cấp thêm cho các em các bài tập để rèn luyện nâng cao kỹ năng cũng như giúp các em sắp thi học sinh giỏi các bài tập tham khảo để luyện tập. Bài tập được chia thành các mục với các kỹ năng khác nhau giúp các em có thể dễ dàng lựa chọn kỹ năng mình cần tập trung luyện tập
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others:
1. A. language B. package C. mathematics D. marvelous
2. A. chemistry B. prepare C. receive D. degree
3. A. private B. diploma C. guide D. writer
4. A. trouble B. study C. tutor D. subject
5. A. received B. worked C. obtained D. harboured
6. A. bench B. attend C. educate D. subject
7. A. romantic B. mature C. mathematics D. humanity
8. A. breathe B. breakfast C. already D. dreamt
9. A. conditions B. husbands C. physics D. dreams
10. A. earned B. worked C. suffered D. lived
II. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D for each sentence:
1. Marie Curie was born ________ November 7, 1867.
A. in B. from C. at D. on
2. Computer models help to determine whether a particular area is likely to flood.
A. make up B. find out C. take over D. put up
3. Let me give you a little ________ about the president of the company.
A. specialization B. concentration C. background D. degree
4. Jane is always determined to do anything she wants. She's a ________ woman.
A. ambitious B. strong-willed C. brilliant D. humane
5. He passed his exams with flying colour.
A. successfully B. difficultly C. badly D. easily
6. She harboured her hope of being a teacher.
A. gave up her hope of being a teacher B. built her hope of being a teacher
C. had her hope of being a teacher D. kept her hope of being a teacher in her mind
7. He behaved like an adult. I think he is more ________ than the other boys in his class.
A. intelligent B. mature C. ambitious D. developed
8. The new road should help ________ traffic problems.
A. raise B. create C. ease D. cause
9. There is no ________ explanation for what happened.
A. scientist B. scientific C. scientifically D. science
10. The new surgeon will ________ her post in May.
A. go on B. get over C. take up D. look after
11. The man looked familiar. I ________ him somewhere before.
A. saw B. have seen C. had seen D. see
12. Last night a tornado swept through Rockville. It ________ everything in its path.
A. destroyed B. was destroyed C. had destroyed D. has destroyed
13. In spite of ________, we decided to go out.
A. we felt very tired B. feeling tired C. all of us felt tired D. tired
14. When we __________ the bill, we left the restaurant.
A. had paid B. were paying C. paid D. had been paying
15. When the firework ____________ off, the dog __________ away.
A. had gone/ ran B. went/ had run C. went/ ran D. went/ was running
16. In 1903, Marie became the first woman __________ a Doctor of Science degree.
A. receiving B. receive C. receives D. to receive
17. The police officer stopped us and asked us where __________.
A. were we going B. are we going C. we are going D. we were going
18. Annie found the souvenirs __________ she wanted at the gift shop.
A. that B. which C. Ø D. all are correct
19. He has much difficulty _______ Spanish.
A. to learn B. learning C. on learning D. learn
20. The students were made _______ hard.
A. to study B. studying C. for studying D. study
21. What about ________ lunch in the garden?
A. to have B. having C. do we have D. have
22. My sister is looking forward _______ your country.
A. to visit B. visiting C. to visiting D. visit
23. We can't help _______ he's still alive.
A. to think B. thinking C. with thinking D. think
24. She finds ________ the guitar interesting.
A. to playing B. playing C. that playing D. play
25. I'd rather ________ at home than go out.
A. to stay B. staying C. to staying D. stay
26. It is very kind of you _________ me with my homework.
A. to help B. helping C. for helping D. help
27. The foreigners are not used _________ the chopsticks.
A. to use B. using C. to using D. useing
28. You must ________ careful when _________ the zebra-crossing.
A. be/ cross B. are/ crossing C. be/ to cross D. be/ crossing
29. Linda felt better after _________ some medicine.
A. to take B. taking C. she takes D. take
30. My friends decided _________ on a picnic this Sunday.
A. to go B. going C. about going D. go
31. She loves ________ children.
A. to teach B. teaching C. teaches D. teach
32. Mr. Brown gets a mechanic _________ his car.
A. to repair B. repairing C. for repairing D. repair
33. I prefer ________ football matches to _________ it.
A. watching/ play B. watch/ play C. to watch/ play D. watching/ playing
34. Are you contented ___________ your present job, Mrs. Tuyet?
A. to B. for C. with D. of
35. I was late for school this morning because my alarm clock didn't go ___________.
A. on B. off C. away D. up
36. What lesson do you have at 8:00 on Monday?
A. Literature B. Blue C. Friday D. four lessons
37. "___________ do you get to school ?" – " By bike"
A. What B. How C. How often D. How far
38. They like learning about a ___________ culture.
A. different B. differently C. difference D. differences
39. If you want to sell your house, why not put an ___________ on television.
A. advertisement B. advertise C. advertised D. advertising
40. Mr. Lam goes to school on foot once a week. It means he ___________ walks to work.
A. never B. sometimes C. often D. usually
41. Nam's Grandfather ___________ two years ago.
A. was died B.were died C. die D. died
42. Lan and Hoa ___________ us every Summer.
A. visits B. visited C. visit D. visites
43. He ___________ to the library today.
A. don't go B. doesn't go C. didn't go D. isn't go
44. Miss Thu ___________ that book last night.
A. didn't read B. doesn't read C. didn't reads D. don't read
45. The Earth ___________ round the Sun once every 365 days.
A. go B. went C. gone D. goes
46. John isn't content with his present salary.
A. excited about B. satisfied with C. disappointed about D. interested in
47. I ___________ the Buffalo to the field at 6.00 am.
A. give B. go C. lead D. ride
48. Mr. Vy's occupation is a farmer.
A. peasants B. peasant C. peseant D. peseants
49. The alarm goes off at 5.00.
A. goes out B. goes away C. goes wrong D. rings
50. What _________ to you yesterday morning?
A. had happened B. has happened C. was happening D. happened
51. We were watching TV when the lights______out.
A. went B. has gone C. had gone D. were going
52. He_______ the piano everyday.
A. practise B. practises C. to practise D.practising
53. When the teacher_________the room, the student were talking.
A. entered B. enter C. entering D. to enter
54. She looked in her mirror_______an ambulance behind her.
A. saw B. and see C. and was seeing D. and saw
55. Peter says that he is very contented ______ what we do.
A. with B. to C. in D. on
56. Are they happy with their lives or not?
A. They don't think so B. They have busy lives
C. Yes, because they love working D. No, they are
57. When does he have a civic Education lesson?
A. At 7.15 on Monday B. On 7.15 at Monday
C. At 7.15 in Monday D. In 7.15 on Monday