Bài tập ôn thi giữa học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12
Bài tập ôn thi giữa học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12
Bài tập ôn thi giữa học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 là tài liệu ôn thi giữa học kỳ 2 dành cho các em học sinh ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng luyện tập nhé!
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other three:
1. A. bamboo B. cap C. labor D. parrot
2. A. stretch B. eject C. reunite D. eradicate
3. A. any B. many C. parrot D. said
4. A. style B. type C. classify D. sympathy
5. A. dips B. lives C. digests D. thanks
6. A. athletics B. thought C. enthusiast D. themselves
7. A. swallowed B. replaced C. described D. dramatized
8. A. reunite B. survive C. wilderness D. digest
9. A. bats B. speaks C. baths D. nurses
10. A. chew B. characterize C. choose D. check
11. A. walked B. explained C. helped D. missed
12. A. church B. children C. chemistry D. chair
13. A. hosted B. impressed C. finished D. watched
14. A. peace B. great C. increase D. team
15. A. sports B. enthusiasts C. games D. thanks
16. A. picture B. action C. question D. future
17. A. swallow B. below C. slowly D. allow
18. A. enough B. loud C. about D. amount
19. A. killed B. enjoyed C. described D. digested
20. A. desert B. preference C. expedition D. education
21. A. caps B. meters C. swimmers D. lines
22. A. events B. spirit C. Asian D. silver
23. A. gold B. region C. organize D. game.
24. A. competitor B. medal C. level D. development
25. A. honor B. high C. host D. hold
II. Choose the word whose stressed syllable is different from that of the other three:
1. A. derive B. urbanize C. reserve D. enact
2. A. difficulty B. entertainment C. television D. fascinating
3. A. swallow B. digest C. happen D. offer
4. A. illegal B. sociable C. vulnerable D. decent
5. A. miraculous B. eject C. typhoon D. abstract
6. A. opponent B. canoeing C.penalty D. inhabitant
7. A. opponent B. mischievous C. family D. leftovers
8. A. entertainment B. information C. difficulty D. understanding
9. A. importance B. anniversary C. personality D. lemonade
10. A. windsurfing B. endangerment C. investment D. inflation
11. A. different B. carefully C. holiday D. reviewer
12. A. knowledge B. forever C. journey D. action
13. A. water B. football C. begin D. meter
14. A. personal B. penalty C. defensive D. vertical
15. A. award B. prevent C. visit D. except
16. A. goalie B. advanced C. above D. depend
17. A. wildlife B. rainfall C.retail D. cactus
18. A. incredible B. invisible C. vulnerable D. disastrous
19. A. stagnant B. incredible C. external D. illegal
20. A. terrorist B. biologist C. ecologist D. geologist
III. Choose the best answer:
1. Almost half of turtles and tortoises are known to be threatened with ______ .
A. extinct B. extinction C. extinctive D. extinctly
2. Johnny used to be one of the most _______ athletes in my country.
A. succeed B. success C. successful D. successfully
3. We want to modernize our plant, _______ we are lack of capital.
A. because B. so C. but D. however
4. Humans depend on species diversity to provide food, clean air and water and fertile soil for agriculture.
A. destruction B. contamination C. fertilizer D. variety
5. Life on Earth is disappearing fast and will continue to do so unless urgent action is taken.
A. vanishing B. damaging C. polluting D. destroying
6. Keep quiet. You ______ talk so loudly in here. Everybody is working.
A. may B. must C. might D. mustn't
7. John is not at home. He _______ go somewhere with Daisy. I am not sure.
A. might B. will C. must D. should
8. ________ I have a day off tomorrow? – Of course not. We have a lot of things to do.
A. Must B. Will C. May D. Need
9._______, the athlete broke the world's record with two attempts.
A. Surprise B. Surprised C. Surprising D. Surprisingly
10. ________ I be here by 6 o'clock? – No, you ________.
A. Shall/mightn't B. Must/needn't C. Will/mayn't D. Might/won't
11. If I had gone white water rafting with my friends, I _______ down the Colorado River right now.
A. should have floated B. must be floating
C. would be floating D. would have been floating
12. You ________ touch that switch, whatever you do.
A. mustn't B. needn't C. won't D. wouldn't
13. Susan ______ hear the speaker because the crowd was cheering so loudly.
A. mustn't B. couldn't C. can't D. needn't
14. You ________ be rich to be a success. Some of the most successful people I know haven't got a penny to their name.
A. needn't B. couldn't C. mayn't D. mustn't
15. Vietnam is now willing to _______ part in the 24th SEA Games hosted by Thailand by the end of 2007 with a total of 958 athletes.
A. play B. lose C. take D. enjoy
16. Jane often wears beautiful clothes. She ______ be very rich.
A. must B. could C. might D. needn't
17. Our new flat is on a very busy street. I expect we'll ________ the noise, but at the moment it's very disturbing.
A. use to B. get used to C. be used D. used to
18. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. You ________ be really hungry! "I am"
A. might B. will C. can D. must
19. "This movie is boring and too violent," "I agree. ________ leave?"
A. Will we B. why don't we C. must we
20. Books are still a cheap way to get __________ and entertainment.
A. inform B. information C. informative D. informatively
21. Whenever he picks up a book, he reads bits here and there or in other words he _____ .
A. digests B. tastes C. chews D. swallows
22. Books are a wonderful source of __________ and pleasure.
A. know B. knowing C. knowledgeable D. knowledge
23. A ____ is a type of book that is based on imagined scientific discoveries of the future.
A. novel B. science fiction book C. fiction book D. romance
24. I feel much more __________ when I read an interesting book..
A. relaxed B. relaxing C. relax D. to relax
25. A novel is a story long enough to fill a complete book, in which the characters and events are usually __________ .
A. imagine B. imaginary C. imagination D. imaginatively
26.The journey was the most difficult for him, but __________ he found the strength to make it.
A. amaze B. amazing C. amazingly D. amazement
27. Sue: "I love comic books." Alice: "__________."
A. I do, too B. No, I won't C. Yes, I like it D. Neither do I
28. Mary: "I've got an interview for a job today." Peter: "__________."
A. Thank you. B. The same to you C. Good luck D. See you
29 . A: I'm not sure about this soup. It tastes like something's missing.
B:_________ It tastes fine to me.
A. You're right B. Oh, I don't know
C. I don't think so D. I couldn't agree more
30. Paula wishes she __________ more time to spend on reading books.
A. had B. has C. has had D. will have
31. I can't decide now. I need __________ time to think about it.
A. most B. few C. many D. a little
32. Your bill __________ before you leave the hotel.
A. should pay B. will pay C. should be paid D. must be paying
33. The application forms __________ before March 5th, 2011.
A. must submit B. must be submitted
C. must have submitted D. must be submitting
34. Ellen: "__________ ?" Tom: "He is tall and thin with blue eyes."
A. What does John look like B. How is John
C. How is John doing D. Who does John look like
35. If he isn't Spanish, what ___________is he?
A. nation B. international C. nationality D. national
36 . A water polo cap is used to _____ the players' head and to identify them.
A. tie B. penalize C. protect D. move
37. I have never taken part in any water sports __________ I cannot swim.
A. because B. because of C. due to D. although
38. Many people do not like scuba diving __________.
A. because its danger B. because of it is danger
C. because it is dangerous D. due to it is dangerous
39.. What kind of sport one chooses to play mostly depends _________his preference and health.
A. with B. for C. in D. on
40. In water polo game, only the goalie can hold the ball _______ two hands.
A. at B. in C. with D. from
41. They are going to __________ the pool to 1.8 meter.
A. deep B. depth C. deepen D. deeply
42. The referee had no hesitation in awarding the visiting team a __________.
A. penalty B. penalize C. penal D. penalization
43. __________ is a sport in which you move along the surface of the sea or a lake on a long narrow board with a sail on it.
A. Water polo B. Diving C. Windsurfing D. Scuba diving
44. I __________ think that scuba diving is more of danger than adventure.
A. person B. personal C. personally D. personalize
45. The referee's __________ is the most important in any sport competition.
A. decide B. decisive C. decision D. decider
46. The main task of a defender in a sport game is to __________ the opponents from scoring.
A. prevent B. preventing C. prevention D. preventable
47. The more goals the players _______, the more exciting the match became.
A. marked B. made C. scored D. sprinted
48: We are not used________ on the left.
A. driving B. to driving C. to be driven D. to drive
49: Peter ________ at the moment, so he can't answer the telephone.
A. works B. worked C. is working D. has worked
50. A: " Thanks for your help." B: " ________ ."
A. You are welcomed B. The same to you
C. Thank you, too D. That's all right
51. A: " Is Monday possible for you?" B: " ________ ."
A. I hope so, too B. I really enjoy meeting you
C. Thank you D. Yes, that's fine
52. Customer: " Waiter! I'd like the menu, please." Waiter: " ________ ."
A. But I don't like B. Here you are, sir
C. Here are you, sir D. Yes, thank you
53. Governments have enacted laws to protect wildlife ________commercial trade and overhunting.
A. from B. without C. for D. at
54. It's is enough to dip__________ this book.
A. for B. at C. into D. about
55. Not all books belong _________this class.
A. in B. to C. for D. at
56. When you pick _________a book for the first time, check that it is not too difficult.
A. in B. since C. on D. up
57. A game is divided ____________quarters.
A. from B. into C. at D. of
58. Do you know anyone who might be interested _________buying an old car?
A. on B. in C. with D. about
59. Mozart died ________ Vienna in 1791 _________ the age of 35.
A. in / on B. in / at C. at / in D. of / for
60. Plant and animal extinction leads _________ loss of biodiversity.
A. on B. in C. into D. to
61. Reviewers describe books _______ "hard-to-put-down", or "hard-to-pick-up-again".
A. as B. for C. into D. in
62. If I had time, I _____________ shopping with you.
A. went B. will go C. would go D. would have gone
63. If you ________ English, you will get along with them perfectly.
A. can speak B. had spoken C. speaks D. spoke
64. If they had gone for a walk, they _________ the lights off.
A. had turned B. would have turn C. would have turned D. would turn
65. If she ___________ to see us, we will go to the zoo.
A. came B. come C. comes D. is coming
66. I would have told you, if I ________ him.
A. had meet B. had met C. meet D. met
67. Three weeks _______not enough holiday.
A. are B. were C. was D. been
68. Each of you ____ a share in the work.
A. having B. has C. to have D. have
69. A number of students ____ volunteered to the job.
A. have B. has C. to have D. having
70. Collecting old coins and paper notes ____ one of my hobbies.
A. being B. were C. are D. is