Bài tập Thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh có đáp án
Bài tập Thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập Thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh có đáp án do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích giúp các bạn ôn luyện nhuần nhuyễn kiến thức đã được trang bị. Bài tập có đáp án đi kèm giúp các bạn đối chiếu dễ dàng sau khi đã thử sức. Mời các bạn cùng vào tham khảo.
Read the situations and write sentences from the words in brackets.
1. You went to Suc's house, but she wasn't there(she/ go/ out) She had gone out.
2. You went back to your home town after many years. It wasn't the same asbefore. (it/ change/ a lot) ...................
3. I invited Rachel to the party, but she couldn't come. (she/ arrange/ to do something else) ...................
4. You went to the cinema last night. You got to the cinema late. (the film/ already/ begin) ...................
5. It was nice to see Dan again after such a long time. (I/ not/ see/ him for five years) ...................
6. I offered Sue something to eat, but she wasn't hungry. (she/ just/ have breakfast) ...................
2. It had changed a lot
3. She'd arranged to do something else
4. The film had already begun
5. I hadn't seen him for five years
6. She'd just had breakfast
For each situations, write a sentence ending with never…before. Use the verb in brackets.
1. The man sitting next to you on the plane was very nervous. It was hisfirst flight. (fly) He'd never flown before.
2. A woman walked into the room. She was a complete stranger to me. (see) I .............. before.
3. Sam played tennis yesterday. He wasn't very good at it because it washis first game. (play) He ..............
4. Last year we went to Denmark. It was our first time there. (be there) We ..............
2. I'd never seen her before
3. He'd never played before
4. We'd never been there before
Use the sentences on the left to complete the paragraphs on theright. These sentences are in the order in which they happened - so (1)happened before(2), (2) before (3) ... But your paragraph begin with theunderlined sentence, so sometimes you need the past perfect.
1. (1) Some body broken into the office during the night.
(2) We arrived at work in the morning.
(3) We called the police. We arrived at work in the morning and found that somebody had broken intothe office during the night. So we ......
2. (1) Laura went out this morning.
(2) I tired to phone her.
(3) There was no answer.I tired to phone Laura this morning, but ... no answer. She ... out.
3. (1) Jim came back from holiday a few days ago.
(2) I met him the same day.
(3) He looked very wellI met Jim a few days ago ... just, ... holiday ... very well.
4. (1) Kevin sent Sally lots of emails.
(2) She never replied to them.
(3) Yesterday he got a phone call from her.
(4) He was very surprisedYesterday Kevin ... from Sally. He ... very surprised. He ... lots ofemails, but she ...
1. called the police
2. there was ... had gone
3. He'd just come back from
4. got a phone call
Had sent her
Had never replied to them
Put the verb into the correct form, past perfect (I had done) orpast simple (I did)
1. "Was Paul at the party when you arrived?" "No, he had gone (go) home."
2. I felt very tired when I got home, so I ... (go ) straight to bed.
3. The house was very quite when I got home. Everybody.......(go) to bed
4. Sorry I'm late. The car ... (break) down on my way here.
5. We were driving along the road when we ... (see) a car which ... (break)down, so we ... (stop) to help.
2. went 3. had gone 4. broke
5 saw ... had broken ... stopped