Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 Cities Of The Future
Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9: Cities Of The Future
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới Unit 9: Cities of the future dưới đây. Đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh Unit 9 gồm nhiều dạng bài tập Tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp học sinh lớp 11 củng cố kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh trọng tâm theo từng Unit hiệu quả.
I. Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest
1. A. upgraded B. consumption C. urban D. unbelievable
2. A. dweller B. detect C. technology D. eco-friendly
3. presentation B. sensor C. infrastructure D. insoluble
4. current B. sustainable C. infrastructure D. rubbish
5. climate B. livable C. city D. discussion
6. solar B. infrastructure C. designer D. focus
II. Choose the word that has different stress position
7. A. pessimistic B. optimistic C. overcrowded D. innovative
8. A. residential B. environment C. insoluble D. enjoyable
9. A. infrastructure B. sustainable C. inhabitant D. renewable
10. A. generate B. understand C. innovate D. maximize
III. Circle A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
11. New York has invested in improving the ___________ of its water ways in recent years.
A. quality B. quantity C. level D. feature
12. Vancouver is often considered to be one of the most ___________ cities in the world.
A. fit B. liveable C. endurable D. suitable
13. Telecommunications and cloud computing will ___________ transportation foe moving ideas and intellectual property.
A. change B. replace C. remove D. eliminate
14. A cable car system gives poor slum ___________ better access to jobs.
A. citizens B. dwellers C. cavemen D. residences
15. Helsinki is a model for the future of ___________ smart growth.
A. city B. rural C. urban D. town
16. A nation with a strong ___________ would be successful in creating numerous smart cities.
A. transport B. transportation C. service D. infrastructure
17. They must figure out how a city can develop to meet the demands of future residents in a ___________ and cost- effective way.
A. continual B. available C. sustainable D. natural
18. - Kate: “I’d like the blue jacket, please. Can I try it on?
- Cindy: “Yes, ___________”
A. you would B. Here you are, thank you C. Certainly D. you do
19. Tom : What a beautiful day!
Rose : ___________
A. Yes, it is B. It’s very hot C. No, it isn’t D. Yes. It’s sunny, isn’t it?
20. It’s very hot! let’s go swimming, ___________?
A. shall we B. should we C. do we D. don’t we
21. I think you’ve seen this picture before, ___________?
A. don’t you B. do you C. have you D. haven’t you
22. If you freeze water, it ___________ into ice.
A. turns B. is turning C. will turn D. would turn
23. Plants___________ if they ___________ enough water.
A. die/ get will B. die/ don’t get
C. die/ don’t get D. would die/ didn’t get
24. Neither of them will be treated preferentially, ________ ?
A. won’t they B. will they C. won’t them D. will the
25. Sandy ___________ dinner 4 times this week
A. has cooked B. have been cooking
C. has been cooking D. cooked
26. Why are your hands so dirty? – I ___________ my bike. I have yet to finish it.
A. repaired B. have been repaired
C. has been repaired D. have been repairing
IV. Read the text below and decide which answer (A, B, C, or D) best fits each space
Silicon Valley is (27)_______ to hundreds of technology companies, so it comes as no surprise that San Jose has partnered with tech giant Intel to transform itself (28)_______ a smart city. San Jose and Intel will work (29)_______ to further the city's Green Vision initiative a 15-year plan for economic growth, environmental sustainability, and improved (30)_______ which it launched in 2007.
Intel expects to help San Jose create 25,000 clean-tech jobs, drive economic growth, and improve the city's environmental (31)_______. To achieve this (32)_______, Intel will work with the city to track real-time data on air quality, noise pollution, traffic flow, and other environmental and (33)_______ concerns — which it will then use to encourage(34)_______ to reduce emissions by carpooling or using public transportation or bicycles to get to work or school.
Smart cities may sound like something of the distant future, (35)_______ many people thought the same thing about smart phones and smart homes. Jump to 2015 and 64 percent of American adults and 1.9 billion smart home devices have been installed. If smart cities are (36)_______ like these other smart innovations, we should see them appear in our communities sooner rather than later.
27. A. home B. house C. shelter D. housing
28. A. from B. to C. into D. toward
29. A. each other B. together C. one another D. themselves
30. A. love life B. a good life C. the life of quality D. quality of life
31. A. sustain B. sustainable C. sustainably D. sustainability
32. A. score B. goal C. point D. target
33. A. town B. rural C. urban D. countryside
34. A. inhabitants B. residence C. cavemen D. officials
35. A. because B. when C. so D. as
36. A. anything B. nothing C. one D. most
V. Write complete sentences, you can add more necessary words.
37. New York/ be/ one/ smartest cities/ North Africa/ many years.
38. New York/ have/ significant number/ universities/ and/ university- educated population.
39. It/ just/ start/ largest bike- sharing campaign/ world.
40. New York/ also gain/ leadership/ offering/ open data/ public/ more than 2400 database.
VI. Read the passage and answer the following questions
I find it absolutely fascinating thinking about the future, as technology is rapidly advancing and in 40 years time, who knows what we’ll be able to do with it. Scientists have recently predicted that by 2050 the population of the world will be over ten billion and technology will have advanced so greatly that we will have far more information about all known diseases (and possibly cures), we will all be living in eco houses and will no longer face sky high electricity bills and we may even be able to take a holiday to Mars.
Our daily lives will most definitely be littered with all kinds of new technologies that help us do the things we hate the most in 2017! House Robo’s will be a likely feature in all homes and will help run the family home, take out the rubbish, prepare food and hoover the house from top to bottom. Our kitchen gadgets (such as your fridge, cooker, microwave and dishwasher) will also be ‘robotic’ and will email or text us, users, when a food item has gone out of date or has been used up. Similarly, the fridge has a built in camera so that when you are at the supermarket, you can log in to your fridge and check what you need to stock up on.
It is predicted that by 2050, we will all have ‘weekly digital health checks’ in our homes, which run sensors over our bodies to check for signs of ill health and any abnormalities. Conditions can instantly be recognized by the ‘virtual doctor’ inside the health machine and treated immediately, and if you need a prescription – it will be ordered and sent out automatically. If the digital health check picks up on a person being overweight, they will send a signal to the domestic house computer to modify their diet and book in for gym sessions. Because of all this immediate treatment, people will live far longer and won’t be wiped out by disease or forms of cancer. Medical conditions that are considered rare today, will be far more known about and will be able to be cured quickly and efficiently.
41. What will the world’s population be by 2015?
42. How will our kitchen gadgets help us?
43. What can you do with the fridge with a built-in camera?
44. How can our bodies be checked for signs of ill health and any abnormalities?
45. What are the benefits of the immediate treatment?
VII. Listen to the interview about people’s life expectancy in the future and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
46. Nobody can predict how long we will be able to live in the 21stcentury.
47. People’s general health will improve because they eat a lot of mushrooms.
48. Nowadays, if people look after themselves, they can live to be 90.
49. Within 30 years, 80% of cancers will be curable.
50. Eternal life isn’t impossible.
Hiện tại VnDoc.com chưa cập nhật được file nghe mp3, trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung của Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 Cities Of The Future. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh Unit 9 khác như:
Bên cạnh đó, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,.. Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.