Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 1 số 3 có đáp án
UNIT 1 Friendship
Để có thể củng cố, hệ thống lại những kiến thức của chương trình tiếng Anh 11, VnDoc.com mời các em tải và luyện tập ngay với những bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 1 có đáp án. Đây là những bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 hay, bao gồm bài tập trắc nghiệm và tự luận tiếng Anh lớp 11 được chúng tôi sưu tầm và chọn lọc để gửi đến các em. Chúc các em học tốt.
Choose the words which contain the sound /tʃ/ and /dʒ/
education, engineer, damage, mutual, computer, children, teach, Christmas, machine, village, religion, hamburger, enjoy, dirty, schedule, literature, information, question, orchestra, cheap, pleasure, feature, imaginary, jealous, cheese, jacket, geometry, green, purchase, suggest, instruction, essential, nature, fortunate.
Complete these sentences with the correct form of the word in the box.
constant capable selfish loyal suspicion
acquaint enthusiast sympathize hospitable friend
- His ________ for music has stayed strong, throughout his 23 years in radio.
- He showed unswerving ___________ to his friends.
- We all have great __________ for the victims of the flood.
- __________ is very important because uncertain people cannot have a lifelong friendship.
- It was very ___________ of him to offer us his room.
- We were delighted by the wonderful _________ of the local people.
- The wine had made him ________ of thinking clearly.
- Playing a game with the children is a good way of getting them _________.
- Inform the police immediately if you see anything ___________.
- ________ need time to develop.
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb in brackets.
- I didn't have enough time ________ (finish) my work yesterday.
- As she drove past his house, she noticed him _____ (run) away from home.
- I was relieved ________ (find out) that I had passed the exam.
- She made her son _______ (wash) the windows before he could go outside ______ (play) with his friends.
- She lets her children __________ (stay) up very late.
- We had nothing __________ (do) except look at the cinema posters.
- We both heard him _________ (say) that he was leaving.
- It made him angry __________ (wait) for people who were late.
- I couldn't understand what the passage said, so I had my friend ______ (translate) it for me.
- It's important _______ (start) the meeting on time.
- There are too many people here for me ________ (talk) to all of them.
- It took ages ________ (download) the pictures from the Internet.
- Whenever I have free time, I like ______ (watch) the basketball team _______ (practice).
- She sent me an e-mail _________ (inform) me that the meeting had been canceled.
- It was a thrill _____ (see) my brother ______ (win) the chess tournament last year.
Combine the given idea into one sentence. Add to when an infinitive is required.
- use/ scissors/ tool are/ for/ sharp/ very young children
- wrong/ consider/ they/ smoke/ it/ in public places
- let/ I/ stay/ think/ them/ should/ the weekend/ until/ we
- climb/ the first/ oxygen/ who/ Everest/ without/ person/ was?
- noticed/ run/ him/ from/ away/ she/ home
- made/ the film/ laugh/ right from/ them/ the first few minutes.
- I'll/ look at/ the plumber/ have/ the central heating boiler
- the answer/ you/ it/ work out/ clever/ of/ was
- the tourists/ back/ when/ be/ the guide/ didn't/ tell/ at the coach
- hear/ enough/ the guide/ clearly/ everyone/ didn't/ loudly/ for/ speak
Choose the correct answers.
1. Instead of buying a new pair of shoes, I had my old ones _________ .
a. repair b. to repair c. repairing d. repaired
2. It's possible _______ a train across Canada.
a. take b. to take c. taking d. to be taken
3. Now that we've finished painting the house, there is nothing left ________.
a. to do b. for doing c. to be done d. for being done
4. Before we leave, let's have Shelley ________ a map for us so we won't get lost.
a. draw b. to draw c. drawing d. drawn
5. I can hear a cat ________ at the window.
a. scratches b. to scratch c. scratching d. was scratching
6. I think your mother should let you __________ your own mind.
a. make up b. to make up c. making up d. made up
7. The police never found the money __________in the robbery.
a. stealing b. be stolen c. steal d. stolen
8. Do you know what made so many people _________ their home?
a. evacuate b. to evacuate c. evacuated d. be evacuated
9. ________ bread, you usually need flour, salt, and yeast.
a. Make b. To make c. Making d. For make
10. We saw our favorite ballet _________ at the theater last night.
a. perform b. performing c. performed d. in performing
11. He was never heard _________ 'thank you' in his life.
a. say b. to say c. saying d. said
12. I was delighted ________ my old friends again.
a. to see b. seeing c. seen d. to be seen
13. _________ to friends is nice but __________alone is also enjoyable.
a. Talk / to be b. To talk / be c. Talk / be d. Talking / being
14. I'd rather _________ to Elvis than the Beatles.
a. listen b. to listen c. listening d. listened
15. I can make myself _________pretty well in English.
a. understand b. to understand c. understanding d. understood
There is at least one mistake in each sentence. Suggest appropriate corrections.
- She longed the holidays to come so that she could be with her family again.
- I overheard say that he's thinking of moving to Manchester.
- They were seen climb through the window.
- Very reluctantly, he consented her to lend the .money to Janet.
- My parents always encouraged work hard at school.
- For years the group has been campaigning an inquiry to hold into the accident.
- I watched a pavement artist to draw a portrait in crayons.
- Sam promised me to show me how to fish for salmon, but he never had the time.
- It's easier to do it yourself than to explain to somebody else how to do it.
- He was never heard say 'thank you' in his life.
- This card entitles to take an extra person with you free.
- They let me to borrow their car while they were on holiday.
- I explained enough for her understanding what was happening.
- To see him to walk down the street, you'd never know he was blind.
- Most people are afraid hearing the truth about them.
Complete each of the sentences with an appropriate preposition.
- A selfish person is incapable __________ true friendship.
- He was accused _________ being disloyal _________ the government.
- How much time do you spend ________ homework?
- Good friendship should be based ______ mutual understanding.
- Do you keep in touch _________ any school friends?
- Some adults have a total lack ______ sympathy _______ young people.
- He's more concerned ______ what people think about him than anything else.
- She had been briefly acquainted ______ him more than 20 years earlier.
- She thought _________ him very often.
- Some people take __________ interest with enthusiasm, but they are soon tired ________it.
Rewrite the sentence or join the pairs of sentences beginning with the word(s) given.
1. He worked out the answer. It was clever of him.
2. Marie always pays her bills regularly. She's careful that way.
Marie is always__________________________.
3. He was crossing the road. I caught sight of him.
4. When we finally heard that David had arrived, we were very relieved.
We were relieved______________________.
5. Why have you thrown up your job? You're mad.
6. Jimmy got into his car and drove away. I saw this.
7. It is disappointing that we haven't heard from Molly.
8. Contacting her at work is usually quite easy.
9. The house shook violently and all of us felt that.
All of us felt__________________________.
10. Can you sign the papers please? They are ready now.
The papers are_______________________________.
11. Don't lend Tom any money. That would be most unwise.
12. Mr. Pinchley doesn't allow his teenage children to go out in the evenings.
Mr. Pinchley makes___________________________.
13. What I want to do is start my own business. I'm keen.
14. Harry couldn't get his parents' permission to buy a motorbike.
Harry's parents didn't let_________________________________.
15. We can't possibly work in this noise.