Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 11: Sources of Energy có đáp án - Số 1
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 11: Sources of Energy có đáp án
Khi ôn tập bằng cách giải các dạng bài tập trong Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 11: Sources of Energy có đáp án này, các em học sinh sẽ nhanh chóng hệ thống lại nội dung bài học, biết cách vận dụng các cấu trúc ngữ pháp, từ vựng vừa được học. Bài tập tiếng Anh 11 còn hỗ trợ tích cực cho quý thầy cô trong việc hướng dẫn học sinh học tập, ôn luyện. Mời quý thầy cô và các em tham khảo.
Choose the words that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. exhaust b. source c. enormous d. cause
2. a. sun b. solar c. safe d. sure
3. a. heat b. great c. release d. reach
4. a. geothermal b. power c. solar d. hydro
5. a. polluted b. consume c. nuclear d. fuel
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. The amount of solar energy that reaches the earth depends ______ the atmosphere.
a. to b. in c. on d. with
7. The natural environment consists ______ all natural resources.
a. in b. of c. to d. on
8. Solar energy can be changed ______ electricity.
a. in b. to c. into d. for
9. Oil, coal and natural gas are ______ fuels made from decayed material from animal or plants.
a. unleaded b. smokeless c. solid d. fossil
10. A nuclear reactor releases ______ which is dangerous to the environment.
a. radiation b. heat c. energy d. carbon dioxide
11. We could make better ______ of our energy resources.
a. spend b. use c. need d. limit
12. The government has spent £1 million on an advertising ______ to encourage energy conservation.
a. campaign b. promotion c. operation d. enterprise
13. All fossil fuels are ______ resources that cannot be replaced after use.
a. unlimited b. renewable c. available d. non-renewable
14. Solar energy is not only plentiful and infinite but also clean and safe.
a. boundless b. unlimited c. uncountable d. inflexible
15. Many newer cars have a much lower fuel ______.
a. consuming b. consumer c. consumation d. consumption
B. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d that best completes the sentence.
16. Nellie Ross of Wyoming was the first woman ______ governor in the United States.
a. who elected b. to be elected c. was elected d. her election as
17. Pioneers, ______ in isolated areas of the United States, were almost totally self-sufficient.
a. who living b. living c. lived d. that Iived
18. Completed in 1756, Nassau Hall is the oldest building now ______ on the campus of Princeton University..
a. standing b. it stands c. has stood d. stood
19. Jerome Kern's most famous work is Showboat, ______, most enduring musical comedies.
a. it is one of the finest b. of the finest one
c. the finest one d. one of the finest
20. ______ in large quantities in the Middle East, oil became known as black gold because of the large profit it brought.
a. Discovering b. which was discovered
c. Discovered d. That when discovered
21. Neil Armstrong, ______ person to set foot on the moon, reported that the surface was fine and powdery.
a. the first b. to be the first c. was the first d. as the first
22. The Massachusetts State House, ______ in 1798, was the most distinguished building in the United States at that time.
a. completing b. which was completed
c. was completed d. to be completed
23. Lady Astor was the first woman ______ her seat in Parliament.
a. take b. to take c. taking d. who takes
24. Norman Weiner, ______ mathematician and logician, had an important role in the development of the computer.
a. who as a b. was a c. whom a d. a
25. War and Peace, ______, was published in 1869.
a. Leo Tolstoy's most celebrated novel
b. that is Leo Tolstoy's most celebrated novel
c. which most celebrated novel of Leo Tolstoy
d. is a Leo Tolstoy's most celebrated novel
A. Fill in each blank with one appropriate word from the box.
matter consuming filthy dangerous supply available
reachs contain conservation safe renewable correct
Solar energy, air and water are, usually called (31) ______, resources because there is an unlimited (32) ______, of them. However, this definition may change if people are not careful with the (33) ______, of these resources. The quality of solar energy that (34) ______ the earth depends on the atmosphere. If the atmosphere is polluted, the solar energy reaching the earth may be (35) ______. If life is about to continue, the air must (36) ______ the appropriate amount of N, O2, CO2 and other gases. If humans continue to pollute the air, it will not contain the (37) ______ amount of these gases. Water is also a (38) ______ to take into consideration. Industry is making our water (39) ______. Therefore, resources must be conserved, the air and water must be protected. (40) ______ must play important part in life.
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
The search for alternative sources of energy has led in various directions. Many communities are burning garbage and other biological waste products to produce electricity- Converting waste products to gases or oil is also an efficient way to dispose of wastes. Experimental work is being done to derive synthetic fuels from coal, oil shale, and coal tars. But to date, that process has proven expensive. Other experiments are underway to harness power with giant windmills. Geothermal power is also being tested. Some experts expect utility companies to revive hydroelectric power derived from streams and rivers. Fifty years ago hydroelectric power provided one third of the electricity used in the United States, but to day it supplies only 4 percent. The oceans are another potential source of energy. Scientists are studying ways to convert the energy of ocean currents, tides, and waves to electricity. Experiments are also underway to make use of temperature differences in ocean water to produce energy.
41. What is the best title of the passage?
a. The Use of Water Products for Energy
b. The Search for Alternative Sources of Energy
c. Efficient Ways of Disposing of Waste
d. New Discoveries in Geothermal Power
42. What provided one third of the electricity in the United States fifty years ago?
a. wind b. waste products c. water d. oil
43. What could Rest replace the phrase 'geothermal power' in the passage?
a. heat from the earth
b. gases in the earth's atmosphere
c. steam that shot up out of the earth
d. water in the ocean, lake, or river
44. Which of the following is not mentioned in the passage as an alternative source of energy?
a. Burning of garbage b. Geothermal power
c. Synthetic fuels d. Electricity.
45. According to the author, what is the impracticability of using coal, oil shale and coal tars' as sources of energy due to?
a. They take a lot of time b. They are expensive
c. They are non-renewable resources d. They are scarce resources
46. What can be inferred from the paragraph?
a. All alternative production of energy will be derived from water.
b. Hydroelectric power will be the main source of energy.
c. Synthetic fuels will be the principal source of alternative energy.
d. Alternative energy will come from a variety of sources.
Choose the best sentence - a, b, c or d -made from the given cues.
47. the world/ energy resources/ take/ millions of years/ produce/ we/ quickly/ begin/ exhaust/ supplies//.
a. The world's energy resources have taken many millions of years to produce, so we are quickly beginning to exhaust these supplies.
b. Although the world's energy resources have taken many millions of years to produce, we are quickly beginning to exhaust these supplies.
c. The world's energy resources have taken many millions of years to produce because we are quickly beginning to exhaust these supplies.
d. Since the world's energy resources have taken many millions of years to produce, we are quickly beginning to exhaust these supplies.
48. recently/ UN committee/ report/ world/ oil and gas supplies/ last/ about 100 years/ if/ use/ carefully//
a. Recently UN committee reported that world's oil and gas supplies, will last about 100 years if they are used carefully.
b. Recently the UN committee reported that the world's oil and gas supplies would last about 100 years if using carefully.
c. Recently a UN committee reported that the world's oil and gas supplies would last about 100 years if used carefully.
d. Recently a UN committee reported that the world's oil and gas supplies would last about 100 years if it was used carefully.
49. the report/ state/ there/ enough/ oil and gas/ a century/ only if/ present demand/ control//
a. The report stated that there would be enough oil and gas for a century only if the present demand could be controlled.
b. The report stated that there would be oil and gas enough for a century only if the present demand could be controlled.
c. The report stated that there were enough oil and. gas for a century only if the present demand could controlled.
d. The report stated that there will be enough oil and gas for the century only if the present demand can be controlled.
50. according/ the report/ governments/ now/take/ steps/ control/ amounts/ fossil fuels/ use//
a. According to the report, governments must now take steps to control amounts of fossil fuels that are using.
b. According to the report, governments must now take steps to control the amounts of fossil fuels which used.
c. According to the report, governments must now take steps to control the amounts of fossil fuels that are used.
d. According to the report, governments must now take steps to control the amounts of fossil fuels that was used.