Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 16 THE WONDERS OF THE WORLD có đáp án
Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 có đáp án
Qua bài tập Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 16 THE WONDERS OF THE WORLD có đáp án, học sinh biết cách nói và mô tả về các kỳ quan, những địa danh nổi tiếng thế giới, đồng thời luyện tập cách phát âm của âm thanh kết thúc bằng /ft/, /vd/, /fs/ và /vz/.
I. Circle the word with a different consonant sound.
1. raise blocks museum pyramids
2. ancient enclose block rank.
3. chamber belongings tomb block
4. technique architect dedicate chamber
5. although straight laugh weight
6. weather theory throne thousand
7. consist treasure suggest surpass
8. prepared surpassed burried proposed
9. suggestion century structure construction
10. journey suggest magic magazine
II. Complete each of the sentence with one appropriate word from the box.
chamber burial tomb belongings spiral
treasures ramps wonders mysterious man-made
1. Many forgotten ______ have been discovered in the attics of the old houses.
2. She collected up her personal ______ and left.
3. We want to give him a decent Christian ______.
4. Iceland is full hot springs, beautifully coloured rocks, and other natural ______.
5. Rayon is a ______ fiber.
6. Divers transfer from the water to a decompression ______.
7. A ______ is a grave where a dead person is buried.
8. Special ______ have been designed for wheelchair access.
9. A snail's shell is ______ in form.
10. They are investigating the ______ disappearance of the plane.
III. Complete the passage with one appropriate word.
Of all the natural (1) ______ of the world, few are as spectacular as Niagara Falls. (2) ______ on the Niagara River along the border between the United States and Canada, Niagara Falls actually consists (3) ______ two falls, the American Falls and the Horseshoe Falls. The (4) ______ is on the US side of the border, in the state of New York, while the later is on the Canadian side. About 85% of the water in Niagara River (5) ______ over the Horseshoe Falls, which is the (6) ______ impressive of the two falls.
About 10 million people visit the falls each year, most during the summer tourist (7) ______. Sightseers can ride steamers (8) ______ close to the boiling water of the falls, or view them from the parks on (9) ______ sides of the river. Niagara has long been a popular honeymoon (10) ______ for newlyweds.
IV. Write these sentence in another way, beginning as shown.
1. People know that he is armed.
2. It is believed that the man was killed by terrorists.
The man _______________________________________________
3. People think that the company is planning a new advertising campaign.
The company ___________________________________________
4. It was reported that the President had suffered a heart attack.
The President ____________________________________________
5. It is alleged that the man was driving at 110 miles an hour.
The man ________________________________________________
6. People know that the expedition reached the South Pole in May.
The expedition ___________________________________________
7. It is said that there is a secret tunnel between them.
8. People consider that she was the best singer that Australia has ever produced.
9. It is expected that the weather will be good tomorrow.
The weather ______________________________________________
10. A lot of people believe that the Prime Minister and his wife have separated.
The Prime Minister and his wife _______________________________
11. It is reported that the building has been badly damaged by the fire.
The building ______________________________________________
12. People have acknowledged that underfunding, contributed to the problem.
13. People believe that he has special knowledge which may be useful to the police.
14. Journalists suppose that the footballer is earning ten million pounds a year.
The footballer _____________________________________________
15. It is reported that the damage is extensive.
The damage ______________________________________________
V. Make passive sentences.
1. They presented Maria Svensson with the award last night.
2. People were watching the game outside the stadium on a huge screen.
3. The south coast continues to attract holidaymakers.
4. Somebody has described Keith Jones as the world's greatest guitarist.
5. Robert always hated other children teasing him.
6. Somebody should have offered Marry a drink when she arrived.
7. Kay's questions began to irritate Malcolm.
8. You have to see it to believe it.
9. People are blaming climate change for the recent flooding.
10. Why did no one inform me of the change of the plan?
11. Everybody believed that the plan would fail.
12. We have discovered that a mechanical fault caused the problem.
VI. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one
1. The police think the burglar got in through the bathroom window.
The burglar ______________________________________________
2. She was sorry that she hadn't applied for the job in the library.
She regretted ____________________________________________
3. People used to think that the earth was flat.
4. His mother was the most warm-hearted person I've ever known.
5. People say that the driver was listening to his walkman at the time of the crash.
The driver _______________________________________________
6. Thanks to the improvement in export sales, the company has had a successful year.
7. I'm sorry I didn't go to your birthday party last night.
I wish __________________________________________________
8. People believe that the Prime Minister will resign tomorrow.
The Prime Minister ________________________________________
9. They are going to repair our car next week.
10. Although it was raining heavily, none of the guests came late.
In spite _________________________________________________