Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4, 5, 6 có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4, 5, 6
Mời các bạn cùng tham khảo Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4, 5, 6 có đáp án để ôn tập và nắm rõ được kiến thức ngữ pháp, vận dụng làm các bài tập Anh văn, bổ trợ và giúp các bạn học ngữ pháp Anh văn lớp 11 tốt hơn. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. knowledge B. comfort C. popular D. college
2. A. orchestra B. scholarchip C. chemistry D. charity
3. A. announced B. struggled C. observed D. repaired
II. Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
4. A. competition B. illiteracy C. representative D. university
5. A. difficult B. relevant C. volunteer D. interesting
III. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. She was able to...... all the tasks assigned to her.
A. keep on B. set up C. put off D. carry out
7. We managed to...... over $4,000 through donations and other events.
A. deposit B. donate C. raise D. exchange
8. Laura reminded her roommate...... her alarm clock for 6:00.
A. to set B. setting C. to be set D. of setting
9. The boy found a wallet in the street, and then he...... to return it to the loser.
A. tried B. had tried C. was trying D. had been trying
10. The two children blamed each other...... the window.
A. to break B. breaking C. for breaking D. having broken
11. She swam strongly and...... cross the river easily, even though it was swollen by the heavy rain.
A. used to B. was able to C. could D. was supposed to
12. The government has spent £1 million on an advertising...... to encourage energy conservation.
A. campaign B. promotion C. operation D. competition
13. No one could ever accuse this government...... about the poor.
A. not caring B. of not caring C. for not caring D. not to care
14. I heard the tyre...... and then the lorry skidded across the road.
A. burst B. bursting C. be burst D. being burst
15. I was...... to find that the film was quite ......
A. surprised - frightening B. surprised - frightened
C. surprising - frightening D. surprising - frightened
16. Police are reported...... illegal drugs in a secret hiding place in the star's home. [thuốc tây lậu]
A. they have B. having C. to have D. have had
17. Our education will help with the...... of knowledge for the young.
A. rich B. riches C. richness D. enrichment
18. I don't remember...... of the decision to change the company policy on vacations. When was it decided?
A. telling B. being told C. to tell D. to be told
19. Ms. Jackson was assigned the fifth-grade science class...... she has the best qualification among the available faculty. [giao bài tập/ khoa đại học]
A. although B. whereas C. since D. if
20....... six months for the washing machine to be delivered, I decided to cancel the order.
A. Waiting B. Having waited C. Being waited D. Waited
21. Many firms are now struggling to survive in a highly...... marketplace.
A. competing B. competition C. competitive D. uncompetitive
22. The...... will observe and score your performance in the contest.
A. judges B. contestants C. sponsors D. winners
23....... she went home early.
A. Feel not well B. Having felt not well
C. Feeling not well D. Not feeling well
24. He congratulated the team...... all their games.
A. to win B. winning C. for their winning D. on having won
25. I often...... of being famous when I was younger.
A. accused B. dreamed C. pretended D. assured
V. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
In the summer of 2000 the Vietnam Society of Learning Promotion (31)...... a campaign for illiteracy eradication. In the campaign, six hundred (32)...... minority students from the northern highlands were asked to provide reading and writing skills to 1,200 illiterate people living in their (33)...... villages. In 2001, eight hundred volunteer. students took (34)...... in the campaign. The number of people receiving reading and writing lessons (35)...... 4,623. This was an effective way to help people in remote and mountainous areas to read and write.
The fight (36)...... illiteracy continued in the summer of 2002. This time the Vietnam Society of Learning Promotion decided to (37)...... its activities to the central mountainous provinces. At present, the number of illiterate people in the remote and moutainous areas is (38)...... decreasing. It is hoped that illiteracy will soon be (39)...... in our country as more and more people are taking part in the (40)...... against it.
31. A. began B. had C. started D. managed
32. A. national B. ethnic C. racial D. religious
33. A. home B. own C. remote D. house
34. A. control B. care C. part D. interest
35. A. ranged B. grew C. rose D. reached
36. A. in B. against C. towards D. of
37. A. enlarge B. widen. C. expand D. expend
38. A. gradually B. constantly C. actually D. mainly
39. A. limitted B. eradicated C. completed D. prevented
40. A. battle B. strike C. challenge D. struggle
VI. Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Instructors at American colleges and universities use many different teaching methods. Some instructors give assignments every day. They grade homework. Students in their classes have to take many quizzes, a midterm exam, and a final text. Other' instructors give only writing assignments. Some teachers always follow a course outline and usually use the text book. Others send students to the library for assignments.
The atmosphere in some classrooms is very formal. Students call their instructors 'Professor Smith,' 'Mrs Jones,' and so on. Some teachers wear business clothes and give lectures. Other classrooms have an informal atmosphere. Students and teachers discuss their ideas. Instructors dress informally, and students call them by their first names. American teachers are not alike in their teaching styles.
At most American colleges and universities, facilities for learning and recreation are available to students. Students can often use type-writers, tape recorders, video machines, and computers at libraries and learning centers. They can buy books, notebooks, and other things at campus stores. They can get advice on their problems from counselors and individual help with their classes from tutors. Students can relax and have fun on campus, too. Some schools have swimming pools and tennis courts. Most have snack bars or cafeterias.
41. According to the passage, instructors at American colleges and universities.......
A. do not grade homework B. never follow a course ouline
C. teach in their own ways D. do not give students quizzes and exams
42. Which of the following statements is true?
A. American students can call their teachers by their first name..
B. The atmosphere in American classrooms is always relaxed and friendly.
C. American teachers are never allowed to dress informally.
D. The atmosphere in American classrooms is always formal.
43. The phrase 'business clothes' in the paragraph 2 can be understood as.......
A. clothes that only business people wear B. trendy clothes
C. casual clothes D. formal clothes
44. At most American colleges and universities, students can.......
A. buy anything they want at campus stores
B. ask their counselors and tutors for advice
C. use computers that are linked to libraries
D. have tutors and counselors solve their problems
45. According to the passage, which of the following statements is false about schools in America?
A. They are well equipped.
B. They have stores on campus.
C. They have no recreational facilities.
D. They offer sports and leisure facilities for students.
VII. Choose the answer (a, b, c or d) that is nearest in meaning to the printed before it.
46. 'If I were you, I would take the job,' said my roommate.
A. My roommate was thinking about taking the joB.
B. My roommate advised me to take the joB.
C. My roommate introduced the idea of taking the job to me.
D. My roommate insisted on taking the job for me.
47. He last had his eyes tested ten months ago.
A. He had tested his eyes ten months before.
B. He had not tested his eyes for ten months then.
C. He hasn't had his eyes tested for ten months.
D. He didn't have any test on his eyes in ten months.
48. He is not flexible in his work; that is why he doesn't have many friends.
A. Having almost no friends makes him inflexible in his work.
B. Such is his inflexibility in his work that he doesn't have many friends.
C. Inflexibility in his work is not why he doesn't have many friends.
D. He is not popular with many people although he is flexible in his work.
VIII. Choose the best sentence (a, b, c, or d) made from the given cues.
49. provide/ your handwriting/ legible/ test scorer/ accept/ your answer//
A. Providing your handwriting is legible, the test scorer does not accept your answer.
B. Provided for your legible handwriting, the test scorer has to accept your answer.
C. Provided that your handwriting is legible, your answer will be accepted by any test scorer.
D. Providing with your legible handwriting, every test scorer must accept your answer.
50. I/ advise/ him/ ask/ bus conductor/ tell/ him/ where/ get off.
A. I advised him ask a bus conductor to tell him where he gets off.
B. I advised him to ask bus conductor to tell him where he gets off.
C. I advised him to ask the bus conductor telling him where to get off.
D. I advised him to ask the bus conductor to tell him where to get off.