Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9, 10, 11 có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9, 10, 11
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9, 10, 11 có đáp án gồm những bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 hay, bao gồm bài tập trắc nghiệm và tự luận tiếng Anh lớp 11 được chúng tôi chọn lọc và biên soạn thành những hệ thống để gửi đến các bạn. Với những bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 này, các bạn sẽ được giải nhiều bài tập về ngữ pháp, ôn tập thêm nhiều từ vựng để thêm tự tin cho các bài kiểm tra, thi sắp tới.
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. subscribe b. finite c. prohibit d. wild
2. a. exhaust b. anxious c. exist d. exact
3. a. weather b. growth c. wealthy d. geothermal
4. a. eradicate b. habitat c. endanger d. panel
5. a. pleased b. raised c. practiced d. used
II. Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
6. a. geothermal b. environment c. alternative d. pollutant
7. a. scientist b. industry c. agriculture d. potential
8. a. interference b. consequences c. electricity d. entertainment
9. a. preserve b. devastate c. endanger d. release
10. a. fertilize b. deliver c. imagine d. destroy
III. Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
11. Several rare species are dying ______ owing to human beings' deforestation and careless hunting.
a. up b. out c. away d. down
12. They are all at work doing some research ______ alternative sources of energy.
a. for b. in c. on d. with
13. If you have anything important to do, do it straight away. Don't put it ______.
a. on b. off c. over d. up
14. The headmistress is very competent. All the teaching staff look ______.
a. up to her b. her up to c. at her up d. for her up
15. He wouldn't have failed his exam ______ he hadn't been ill.
a. unless b. if c. in case d. although
16. We should responsible for the ____ humans are doing to the enviroment.
a. destroy b. destructive c. destruction d. destructibility
17. She lost her balance when she ______ to reach out for the balloon.
a. had tried b. was trying c. tried d. had been trying
18. He suggested ______ a jumble sale to try and raise money for the scouts.
a. me to hold b. me that I held c. holding d. to hold
19. They are excellent students ______ I have complete confidence.
a. who b. that c. whom d. in whom
20. The students in this class, ______ are from the provinces, are having trouble finding decent accommodation.
a. most of whom b. many of them c. some of who d. all who
21. You have to be aware of the damage humans are doing to quicken the ______ of wildlife.
a. extinct b. extinctive c. extinction d. extinctions
22. Cameron, ______ directed 'The Titanic', is one of the leading faces in Hollywood.
a. that b. whose c. whom d. who
23. The population of the earth is increasing at a tremendous rate and ______ out of control.
a. it will be b. soon will be c. have become d. are soon going to
24. The teacher gave some suggestions on what could come out for the examination
a. effects b. symptoms c. hints d. demonstrations
25. While southern California is densely populated, ______ live in the northern part of the state.
a. a number people b. many people c. few people d. a few of people
26. Mohandas K. Gandhi, ______ Mahatma, lived a noble life of fasting and poverty in order to work for peace and independence.
a. that was called b. was called c. called d. calling
27. Your failure is the consequence of not studying hard enough for the test.
a. cause b. motive c. result d. status
28. She ______ to study more English before enrolling at the university.
a. was recommended b. recommended
c. has recommended d. recommends
29. The teacher asked those who ______ their tests ______ in their papers.
a. completed/ turn b. completed/ turned
c. had completed/ to turn d. completed/ turns
30. Historian Barbara Tuchman was the first woman ______ president of the Academy of Arts and Sciences.
a. whose election as b. to elect c. was elected d. to be elected
31. There are believed ______ over 300 species of trees in EI Yunque rain forest in Puerto Rico.
a. to be b. being c. they are d. there are
32. Rarely ______ last longer than an hour.
a. do tornados b. tornados c. tornados that d. tornados do
33. ______ for the fact that he was working abroad, he would willingly have helped with the project..
a. If it had been b. If it hadn't been c. Had it been d. Hadn't it been
34. New words are constantly being invented ______ new objects and concepts.
a. to describe b. a description of c. they describe d. describe
35. A home computer ______ an opportunity for convenient and efficient work at home.
a. provides b. to be providing c. which provides d. providing it
V. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d – that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
By 1984, nonrenewable (41) ______ fuels, such as oil, coal and natural as, provided over 82 percent of the commercial and industrial energy (42) ______ in the world. Small amounts of energy were (43) ______ from nuclear fission, and the (44) ______ 16 percent came from burning direct perpetual and renewable fuels, (45) ______ biomass. Between 1700 and 1986 a large number of countries (46) ______ from the use of energy from local sources to a centralized generation of hydropower and solar energy (47) ______ to electricity. The energy derived from nonrenewable fossil fuels has been (48) ______ produced in one location and transported to another, as is the case with most automobike fuels. In countries with private, rather than public (49) ______, the age of nonrenewable fuels has created a dependency on a finite (50) ______ that will have to be replaced.
41. a. clean b. unleaded c. fossil d. solid
42. a. used b. produced c. supplied d. stored
43. a. produced b. derived c. extracted d. released
44. a. resting b. leaving c. restricting d. remaining
45. a. as b. therefore c. such as d. for
46. a. shifted b. transferred c. obtained d. applied
47. a. saved b. reformed c. delivered d. converted
48. a. actually b. increasingly c. gradually d. consequently
49. a. transports b. transportation c. transporters d. transportable
50. a. reserve b. material c. resource d. power
VI. Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Scientists believe they now have scientific evidence to prove that ecosystems work better when there is greater variety of species within them. This biodiversity is being lost destroying natural mechanisms that could repair the damage caused by man.
Findings show that losing plants and animals is not only reducing our quality of life but actually endangering our very existence. We cut down rich rainforests and replace them with one species plantations, such as pine and eucalyptus. We plough up meadows rich in different grasses and herbs and replace them with one grass, for instance rye or wheat.
When a natural ecosystem is simplified the basic processes in the ecosystem are altered and even damaged. Without their biodiversity they are not able to serve as the natural clearners of our planet. No longer are they able to absorb the carbon dioxide that is being produced in excess. The result is global warming, caused by the increase in the 'greenhouse effect', and ultimately, or even 'sooner, there will be' a change in the world's climate.
51. Which of the following is the best title for the passage?
a. How Ecosystems Work Better b. The Loss of Biodiversity
c. The Variety of Species d. Natural Mechanisms
52. Which of the following is not a species used to replace a rich ecosystem?
a. Herbs b. Pine c. Eucalyptus d. Rye
53. What is the purpose of paragraph 2?
a. To show natural mechanisms at work.
b. To give examples of the loss of biodiversity.
c. To give example of variety of species.
d. To show how ecosystems can work better.
54. What, according to the passage, might be the final result of the simplification of natural ecosystems?
a. The basic processes are altered b. There is loss of biodiversity
c. There is global warming d. There is a change in the climate.
55. What is the author's attitude to the loss of biodiversity?
a. Indifferent b. Negative c. Positive d. Neutral
VII. Choose the answer - a, b, c or d - that is nearest in meaning to the printed before it.
56. She has always got on well with her colleagues.
a. She has always had poor relationship with her colleagues.
b. She has always been on good terms with her colleagues.
c. Her colleagues have always put up with her.
d. She is trying to establish a good relation ship with her colleagues.
57. Julia didn't listen to what her doctor told her.
a. What the doctor told Julia was not worth listening to.
b. Julia couldn't hear what the doctor told her.
c. The doctor told Julia to listen to what he said, but she didn't do so.
d. Julia took no notice of what her doctor told her.
58. John Smith is a farmer. I bought his land..
a. John Smith, whose land I bought, is a farmer.
b. John Smith, who is a farmer, whose land I bought.
c. John Smith, whom I bought his land, is a farmer.
d. John Smith, a farmer, bought his land.
VIII. Choose the answer- a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentence.
59. ______ who made Thanksgiving an official holiday in the United States.
a. Abraham Lincoln b. He was Abraham Lincoln
c. Abraham Lincoln was d. It was Abraham Lincoln
60. Four miles off the southeastern coast of Massachusetts ______, a popular summer resort.
a. lies the island of Martha's Vineyard
b. the island of Martha's Vineyard lies there
c. does lie the island of Martha's Vineyard
d. where the island of Martha's Vineyard lies
UNIT 9: THE POST OFFICE (Tiếp)
Exercise 1: PRONUNCIATION
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. facsimile
2. A. ready
3. A. subscribe
4. A. spacious
5. A. commune
Exercise 2: Complete these sentences with the correct form of the words from the box.
compete distribute transmit space post
courteous transfer subscribe deliver satisfy
1. All mail ……………...... were suspended during the strike.
2. It's only common ..................... to thank someone when they help.
3. Do you wish to take out a full twelve-month .................. to the journal?
4. We offer a wide range' of goods at very ................ prices.
5. If you are ................ with our service, please write to the manager,
6. This ticket is only used by the person who bought it. It is not ………….......
7. Fax …………...... has now become a cheap and convenient way to transmit texts over distances.
8. White walls can give a feeling of ..................
9. The newspaper is ...................... free.
10. How much was the …………….... on that letter?
Exercise 3: Fill in each blank with an appropriate preposition.
1. We take great pride .......... offering the best service in town.
2. This post office is equiped ……..... advanced technology …...... transaction.
3. What is the Messenger Call Service used ............?
4. Let us take care ............ your postal and telecommunication needs for now and ever.
5. We subscribe ............ all the main medical journals.
6. This computer isn't capable ........... running this software.
7. She seemed satisfied ............. the results.
8. She was fiercely proud .......... family traditions and continuity.
9. I was useful ............ them because I could speak French.
10. I am living away ............ my family and my relatives.
Exercise 4: Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
A major revolution for the automated office is electronic mail. The customary (1) ...... system requires message written on paper to be (2) ...... physically from one location to another. With electronic mail, messages are converted (3) ..... electronic signals, tranmitted (4) ..... in the world, and then changed back into the original written form, all in several seconds and minutes at (5) .......
Through the use of video screens in company offices, a single (6) ...... can be transmitted to hundreds of people in dozens of branch offices at the same time. Thus, electronic mail, along with (7) ......, can be an important asset in teleconferences. Furthermore, the use of electric mail in the form of a 'mailbox' (8) ...... to a telephone is also of great value. Since in offices many telephone (9) ...... go uncompleted on the first attempt, with electronic mail, two-way conversion is not essential, so it (10) ...... telephone use and saves time.
1. A. post
2. A. transformed
3. A. from
4. A. wherever
5. A. most
6. A. data
7. A. programs
8. A. attached
9. A. bills
10. A. increases