Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9: The Post Office có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 có đáp án
Với mong muốn giúp các em học sinh học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình cũ, VnDoc.com luôn cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 khác nhau. Bài tập Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9: The Post Office có đáp án được biên tập dưới nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm & tự luận khác nhau bám sát nội dung bài học tại Nhà trường giúp học sinh lớp 11 ôn tập kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh trọng tâm đã học trong Unit 9 hiệu quả.
I. Complete these sentences with the correct form of the words from the box.
compete - distribute - transmit - space post
courteous - transfer - subscribe - deliver - satisfy
1. All mail ________ were suspended during the strike.
2. It's only common ________ to thank someone when they help.
3. Do you wish to take out a full twelve-month _______ to the journal?
4. We offer a wide range' of goods at very ________ prices.
5. If you are ________ with our service, please write to the manager.
6. This ticket is only used by the person who bought it. It is not _________.
7. Fax _______ has now become a cheap and convenient way to transmit texts over distances.
8. White walls can give a feeling of _________.
9. The newspaper is _________ free.
10. How much was the _________ on that letter?
Key: 1. deliveries 2. courtesy 3. subscription 4. competitive 5. dissatisfied
6. transferable 7. transmission 8. spaciousness 9. distributed 10. postage
II. Write all the pronouns possible to complete each sentence. Write Ø if the sentence is correct without adding a pronoun.
1. We talk about the party ________ Sarah wants to organise for my birthday.
2. To get to Frank's house, take the main road _________ bypasses the village.
3. The paintings _______ Mr Flowers has in his house are worth around £100,000.
4. Mrs Richmond, ____ is 42, has three children,
5. Don is a friend _______ I stayed with in Australia.
6. She was probably the hardest working student ______ I've ever taught.
7. Stevenson is an architect ______ designs have won international praise.
8. The Roman coins, _____ a local farmer came across in a field, are now displayed in the National Museum.
9. Dorothy said something _______ I couldn't hear clearly.
10. There was a little ______ we could do to help her.
11. He received a low mark for his essay, ______ was only one page long.
12. We need to learn from companies _______ trading is more healthy than our own.
13. Professor Johnson, _____ I have long admired, is visiting the University next week.
14. The man ___________ I introduced to you last night may be the next president of the university.
15. These walls are all ______ remain of the city.
Key: 1. which/ that/ Ø
2. which/ that
3. which/ that/ Ø
5. who/ whom/ that/ Ø
6. that/ Ø
9. that/ Ø
10. that/ Ø
13. who/ whom
14. who/ whom/ that/ Ø
III. Write the information in brackets as a relative clause (defining or non - defining) in an appropriate place in the sentence. Give alternative relative pronouns if possible. (Use - to indicate 'no relative pronoun'.)
1. Julia's father has just come back from a skiing holiday. (he is over 80)
→ Julia's father, who is over 80, has just come back from a skiing holiday.
2. The problems faced by the company are being resolved. (I'll look at these in detail in a moment.)
→ The problems faced by the company, which I'll look at in detail in a moment, are being resolved.
3. She was greatly influenced by her farther. (she adored him)
→ She was greatly influenced by her father, who/ whom she adored.
4. Parents are being asked to take part in the survey. (their children are between four and six)
→ Parents whose children are between four and six are being asked to take part in the survey.
5. He isn't looking forward to the time. (he will have to leave at that time)
→ He isn't looking forward to the time when he will have to leave.
6. The Roman coins are now on display in the National Museum. (a local farmer came across them in a field)
→ The Roman coins, which a local farmer came across in a field, are now on display in the National Museum.
7. He pointed to the stairs. (they led down to the cellar)
→ He pointed to the stairs which/that led down to the cellar.
8. These drugs have been withdraw from sale. (they are used to treat stomatch ulcers)
→ These drugs, which are used to treat stomatch ulcers, have been withdraw from sale.
9. The singer had to cancel her concert. (she was recovering from flu)
→ The singer, who was recovering from flu, had to cancel her concert.
10. The minister talked about the plans for tax reform. (he will reveal them next month)
→ The minister talked about the plans for tax reform that/ which/ - he will reveal next month.
11. We went to the Riverside Restaurant. (l once had lunch with Henry there)
→ We went to the Riverside Restaurant where I once had lunch with Henry.
12. My aunt is now a manager of a department store. (her first job was filling shelves in a supermarket).
→ My aunt, whose first job was filling shelves in a supermarket, is now a manager of a department store.
13. John Graham's latest film is his first for more than five years. (the film is set in the north of Australia)
→ John Graham's latest film, which is set in the north of Australia, is his first for more than five years.
14. The newspaper is owned by the Mears group. (its chairperson is Sir James Bex)
→ The newspaper is owned by the Mears group, whose chairperson is Sir James Hex.
15. The Master's course is no longer taught. (I took this course in 1990)
→ The Master's course, which I took in 1990, is no longer taught.
IV. If necessary, correct or make improvements to these sentences. If they are already correct, write True.
1. He just said anything which came into his head.
2. Yesterday was the hottest day I can remember.
3. There isn't much can go wrong with the machine.
4. Thieves whom stole paintings from Notfort art gallery have been arrested in Paris.
5. It may be the most important decision which you will ever take.
6. The boy took the photograph was paid £100.
7. The Southham Chess Club, that has more than 50 members, meets weekly on Friday evenings.
8. The clock makes a noise what keeps me awake at night.
9. I heard many different accents in the room, but none which I could identify as British.
10. She is one of the kindest people who I know.
Key: 1. Which → can
3. much can → much that can
4. whom → who
5. which → that/ Ø
6. the boy → the boy who
7. that → which
8. what → which/ that
9. which → that
10. who → that/ Ø
V. Choose the best answer.
1. Post office is a place ______ you can buy stamps, mail letters and packages, and receive mail.
a. that b. which c. where d. in which
2. Do you know the date ______ we have to hand in the essay?
a. which b. in which c. on that d. when
3. My uncle ______ you met yesterday is a lawyer.
a. which b. who c. whose d. to whom
4. The council is in discussion with Lord Thomas, ______ land most of the village is built on.
a, who b. whom c. whose d. that
5. These adults, ______ come to my night class, are very eager to learn.
a. whose b. who c. that d. when
6. Regina, ______ you have never met before, is a genius in painting.
a. that b. whose c. whom d. whoever
7. The paintings Mr Flowers has in his house are worth around $ 100,000.
a. which b. whose c. what d. whom
8. Oxford, ______ attracts many tourists, is often crowded in the summer.
a. that b. which c. whose d. where
9. It's the best film ______ has ever been made about madness.
a. which b. whom c. whose d. that
10. She cycled from London to Glasgow, ______ is pretty good for a woman of 75.
a. that b. what c. which d. where
11. Most folk songs are ballads ______ have simple words and tell simple stories.
a. what b. when c. where d. that
12. ______ wins will go on to play Barcelona in the final.
a. Who b. Whoever c. Which d. Whichever
13. I think the reason ______ we get on so well is that we both enjoy talking.
a. why b. which c. that d. what
14. Children ______ diets contain high levels of protein do better in examination.
a. who b. who c. whose d. Ø
15. I'm sure that Keith will do well at university, ______ one he goes to.
a. which b. whichever c. where d. wherever
Key: 1. c 2. d 3. b 4. c 5. b 6. c 7. a 8. b 9. d 10. c 11. d 12. b 13. a 14. c 15. b
VI. Fill in each blank with an appropriate preposition.
1. We take great pride in offering the best service in town.
2. This post office is equiped with advanced technology of transaction.
3. What is the Messenger Call Service used for?
4. Let us take care of your postal and telecommunication needs for now and ever.
5. We subscribe to all the main medical journals.
6. This computer isn't capable of running this software.
7. She seemed satisfied with the results.
8. She was fiercely proud of family traditions and continuity.
9. I was useful to them because I could speak French.
10. I am living away from my family and my relatives.
VII. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one.
1. I live in the town not far from the capital.
→ The town which I live in is not far from the capital.
→ The town in which I live is not far from the capital.
2. Nobody does it better than you.
→ There isn't anybody else who does it better than you.
3. Thanks to Laura's report. I was able to finish the project.
→ Had it not been for Laura's report, I wouldn't have been able to finish the project.
4. He got down to writing the letter as soon as he returned from his walk.
→ No sooner had he returned from his walk than he got down to writing the letter.
5. That question cannot be answered satisfactorily.
→ There is no satisfactory answer for that question.
6. It is my impression that she's enjoying her new job a gre1'!-tdeal.
→ She seems to be enjoying her new job a great deal.
7. The secretary didn't reply me for ten days.
→ No reply from the secretaty was said to me for ten days.
8. All of those present were in agreement with the proposal.
→ Everyone who was present agreed with the proposal.
9. It's a pity it's too late to do anything about it.
→ I wish there were enough time to do something. about it.
10. She was so good to me that I'll always remember it.
→ I'll always remember how good she was to me.
Trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung của Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9: The Post Office có đáp án. Ngoài ra, bạn đọc có thể tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 khác như: Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9: The Post Office, Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9: The Post Office, Tổng hợp Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 The Post Office có đáp án,...
Song song với chương trình Tiếng Anh lớp 11 sách cũ, VnDoc.com luôn cập nhật tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,.. Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập, giảng dạy.