Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10: Endangered Species có đáp án - Số 2
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10 - TEST 2
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10 - TEST 2 gồm các tài liệu là các bài tập trắc nghiệm trong Unit 10, bộ sưu tập Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10 Endangered Species sẽ giúp quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh có thêm tài liệu tham khảo phục vụ cho công tác giảng dạy và học tập môn Tiếng Anh.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. endangered b. destroyed c. damaged d. provided
2. a. attitude b. survive c. introduce d. human
3. a. medicine b. priority c. crisis d. primary
4. a. chemical b. which c. change d. each
5. a. protect b. commercial c. construction d. climate
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Almost half of turtles and tortoises are known to be threatened with ____.
a. extinct b. extinction c. extinctive d. extinctly
7. Current extinction rates are at least 100 to 1,000 times higher than _______ rates found in the fossil record.
a. nature b. natural c. naturally d. naturalness
8. It is reported that humans are the main reason for most species' declines and habitat _______ and degradation are the leading threats.
a. destroy b. destructive c. destructor d. destruction
9. We have to apply effective measures to save many plant and animal species _______ extinction.
a. from b. in c. for d. on
10. Over-exploitation for food, pets, and medicine, pollution, and disease are recognized _______ a serious threat _______ extinction.
a. as/ of b. to/ for c. over/ with d. upon/ at
11. Clearing forests for timber has resulted _______ the loss of biodiversity.
a. with b. at c. in d. for
12. Humans depend on species diversity to provide food, clean air and water, and fertile soil for agriculture.
a. destruction b. contamination c. fertilizer d. variety
13. The world's biodiversity is declining at an unprecedented rate, which makes wildlife _______.
a. prosperous b. prefect c. vulnerable d. remained
14. Life on Earth is disappearing fast and will continue to do so unless urgent action is taken.
a. vanishing b. damaging c. polluting d. destroying
15. _______ is the protection of environment and natural resources.
a. Survival b. Commerce c. Conservation d. Extinction
16. Hunting for meat and burning forests for soil cause destruction to wildlife.
a. organization b. contamination c. protection d. damage
17. Toxic chemicals from factories are one of the serious factors that leads wildlife to the _______ of extinction.
a. wall b. fence c. verge d. bridge
18. Species become extinct or endangered for _______ number of reasons, but _____ primary cause is the destruction of habitat by human activities.
a. Ø/ a b. a/ the c. the/ a d. Ø/ Ø
19. Since _______ 1600s, worldwide overexploitation of animals for _______ food and other products has caused numerous species to become extinct or endangered.
a. the/ a b. the/ Ø c. Ø/ the d. the/ the
20. I _______ be at the meeting by 10:00. I will probably _______ take a taxi if I want to be on time.
a. must/ have to b. may/ must c. should/ needn't d. mustn't/ shouldn't
21. You _______ forget to pay the rent tomorrow. The landlord is very strict about paying on time.
a. needn't b. mustn't c. do not have to d. may not
22. The television isn't working. It _______ during the move.
a. should have been damaged b. needn't be damaged
c. must have been damaged d. ought not be damaged
23. I am not deaf. You _______ shout.
a. must b. mustn't c. need d. needn't
24. John failed again. He _______ harder.
a. must have tried b. should have tried c. can tried d. may have tried
25. _______ I borrow your lighter for a minute? - Sure, no problem. Actually, you _______ keep it if you want to.
a. May/ can b. Must/ might c. Will/ should d. Might/ needn't
26. I do not mind at all. You _______ apologize.
a. shouldn't b. needn't c. mustn't d. oughtn't to
27. Ted's flight from Amsterdam took more than 11 hours. He _______ exhausted after such a long flight now.
a. must be b. must be being c. must have been d. should have been
28. The lamp _______ be broken. Maybe the light bulb just burned out.
a. should not b. might not c. must not d. will not
29. It is a top secret. You _______ tell anyone about it.
a. mustn't b. needn't c. mightn't d. won't
30. We have plenty of time for doing the work. We _______ be hurried.
a. needn't b. shouldn't c. mustn't d. mayn't
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the words given.
31. we I dependent/ nature/ cannot survive ourselves/ without wildlife
a. As we are dependent on nature and we cannot survive ourselves without wildlife.
b. We dependent on nature and therefore cannot survive ourselves without wildlife.
c. We are dependent on nature and so cannot survive ourselves without wildlife.
d. We are dependent on nature and cannot survive ourselves without wildlife.
32. environmental education/ help/ spread/ environmental awareness/ share practical techniques/ solve the environmental problems
a. Environmental education to help for spreading environmental awareness and sharing- practical techniques to solve the environmental problems.
b. Because environmental education helps to spread environmental awareness and shares practical techniques to solve the environmental problems.
c. Environmental education helps to spread environmental awareness and shares practical techniques to solve the environmental problems.
d. Environmental education that helps to spread environmental awareness and sharing practical techniques to solve the environmental problems.
33. we/ engage/ individuals/ appreciate nature/ the relationship/ they have with wildlife
a. We should engage individuals to appreciate nature and the relationship that they have with wildlife.
b. We might engage individuals for appreciating nature and the relationship that they have with wildlife.
c. We must engage individuals to appreciate nature and the relationship when they have with wildlife.
d. We need engaging individuals to appreciate nature and the relationship which they have with wildlife.
34. everyone/ pick up/ one piece of trash/ a day/ about 6. 6 billion pieces less
a. If everyone picked up one piece of trash a day, there would be about 6. 6 billion pieces less.
b. When everyone will pick up one piece of trash a day, about 6. 6 billion pieces would be less.
c. Because everyone picks up one piece of trash a day, about 6. 6 billion pieces is less.
d. Unless everyone picked up one piece of trash a day, there will be about 6. 6 billion pieces less.
35. you/ conserve energy/ go to school or to work by bus/ turn off your electric devices/ you are not using them
a. As you want to conserve energy, go to school or to work by bus and so turn off your electric devices when you are not using them.
b. If you want to conserve energy, go to school or to work by bus together with turn off ,your electric devices when you are not. using them.
c. Suppose you want to conserve energy, go to school or to work by bus and turn off your electric devices when you are not using them.
d. When you want to conserve energy, you needn't go to school or to work by bus and turn off your electric devices when you are not using them.
Mời các bạn tiếp tục vào tham khảo tài liệu hữu ích sau đây nhằm chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho các bài học tiếp theo cũng như trước các kì thi quan trọng sắp tới.