Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 12: Water sports có đáp án (4)
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 12
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 12: Water sports có đáp án (4) được sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích cho các bạn ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức quan trọng của bài 12 để chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho bài học tiếp theo cũng như kì thi học kì 2 sắp tới. Chúc các bạn học tập tốt!
January 21, 2018
I. Match the names of types of water sports to their appropriate meanings.
3. water polo
4. synchronized swimming
a. a sport of traveling across water in a boat
b. a sport in which you stand on boards and ride on the surface of water while being pulled
c. a sport of swimming under water using special breathing equipment
d. a sport in which you move across the water standing on a flat board with a sail that you can move
e. a sport of traveling in a boat using oars
f. a sport of traveling in or racing a canoe
g. a sport played in water by two teams of seven players who get points by throwing a ball into the opponents goal
h. a sport in Which groups of swimmers move in patterns in the water to music
1-c, 2-d, 3-g, 4h,5b,6a, 7e, 8f.
II. Complete these sentences with an appropriate word from the box.
4. Opponent 6. penalized 2. tie 5. ejected 7. foul
9. penalty 8. sprinted 1. referee 10. vertical 3. publicity
1. The__________ booked three players for offensive behaviour.
2. The game finished in a__________. Each team had two scores.
3. There was a lot of negative__________ surrounding the film.
4. She’s facing a much more experienced __________in tomorrow’s game.
5. Police __________a number of English hooligans from the stadium.
6. Foul play will be severely__________.
7. He committed a second clear __________and was sent off.
8. Three runners__________ the last few metres.
9. We were adwarded a __________after a late tackle.
10. Players must learn to pass in both the__________ and horizontal positions.
III. If possible, make a corressponding sentence with a passive form. If it is not possible, write ‘No passive’.
1. Nobody has paid for the tickets, have they?
2. BBC stands for British Broadcasting Corporation.
3. Are they meeting him at the station?
4. I slept for nearly ten hours last night.
5. We’d better see to the car or we’ll have an accident.
6. Some people objected strongly to some of the proposals.
7. The ship slowly disappeared from the view.
8. The house belongs to a very old lady.
9. Everyone must adhere to these rules.
10. A dreadful thought has just occured to me.
1. The tickets have not been paid for, have they?
2. Is he being met at thte station?
3. The car had better be seen to or we will have an accidennt.
4. Some of the proposals were strongly objectded to.
5. These rules must be adhered to.
6. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
Synchronized swimming is a hybrid form of swimming, dance and figure skating, consisting of swimmers (either individuals, duets, trios, teams or combos) performing a synchronized routine of elaborate and dramatic moves in the water, accompanied by music. Synchronized swimming demands advanced water skills, and requires strength, endurance, flexibility, grace, artistry and precise timing, not to mention exceptional breath control while upside down underwater.
Developed in the early 1900s in Canada, it is a sport performed almost exclusively by women, although there is some participation by men. In its early form it was sometimes known as “water ballet”.
It is a Summer Olympic Games sport. First demonstrated in 1952, it has been an official event since 1984. Olympic and World Championship competition is not currently open to men, but other international and national competitions allow male competitors. Both USA Synchro and Synchro Canada allow men to compete with women. In competition, competitors show off their strength, flexibility, and aerobic endurance required to perform difficult routines. Swimmers perform two routines for the judges, one technical and one free.
1.Synchronized Swimming is_________.
a. a musical performance b. an underwater sport
c. a type of modern dance d. a mixture of swimming and dance
2. All of the following are required in Synchronized Swimming EXCEPT_________.
a. breath control b. good sense c. flexibility d. water skills
3. According to the passage, men have been banned from competing in_________ .
a. Canada b. the United States
c. regional competitions d. the World masters Championships
4. In Synchronized Swimming competition, competitors_________.
a. show off their technique and their freedom
b. are always required to perform difficult routines
c. have to perform both technical routine and free routine
d. have a choice between technical routine and free routine
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage?
a. Synchronized swimming began in Canada in the 1900s.
b. Synchronized swimming was originally known as water ballet.
c. Synchronized swimming was first performed at the 1952 Olympic Games.
d. Synchronized swimming became an Olympic event in 1984.
Trên đây, VnDoc.com đã gửi đến các bạn Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 12 có đáp án đi kèm rất tiện cho các bạn đối chiếu ngay sau khi làm bài. Mời các bạn tiếp tục vào tham khảo một số bài viết tiếp theo của bài 13 để chuẩn bị cũng như ôn tập, nắm chắc kiến thức ngữ pháp trọng tâm.