Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 THE 22nd SEA GAMES có đáp án (2)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 THE 22nd SEA GAMES có đáp án
Nhằm hỗ trợ tối đa việc giảng dạy của quý thầy cô giáo, việc học tập của các em học sinh, chúng tôi đã sưu tầm và tổng hợp các tài liệu thành bộ sưu tập Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 THE 22nd SEA GAMES có đáp án. Mời thầy cô và các em tham khảo.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. enthusiast b. successfully c. competitor d. participation
2. a. spirit b. impress c. event d. perform
3. a. development b. cooperation c. surprisingly d. facility
4. a. festival b. badminton c. participant d. organize
5. a. solidarity b. energetic c. excellently d. combination
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Vietnam was _______ host country of the 22nd SEA Games.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
7. The 22nd SEA Games Mascot is _______ Golden Buffalo.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
8. To prepare for the 22nd SEA Games, Vietnam carried out _______ intensive program for the athletes.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
9. How many _______ took part in the 22nd SEA Games?
a. compete b. competitors c. competition d. competitor
10. The second part of the program in the 22nd SEA Games opening ceremony was named "_______ for Peace".
a. Cooperate b. Cooperation c. Cooperative d. Cooperatively
11. The _______ wanted to reduce the breadth of the games, with many events currently having small fields and weak competition.
a. organize b. organization c. organizable d. organizers
12. In 2006, Viet Nam made a deep impression ______ other countries in the region by successfully hosting the Southeast Asian Student Sport Festival.
a. with b. for c. in d. on
13. The Southeast Asian Student Sport Festival is the biggest sport event _______ the youths in the region.
a. for b. on c. in d. of
14. At his last attempt the athlete was successful _______ passing the bar.
a. in b. for c. with d. on
15. The number of Vietnamese sport officials and referees of international standard taking part in regional tournaments has increased rapidly.
a. hosting b. participating c. achieving d. succeeding
16. At the 23rd SEA Games, Viet Nam proved its position in the region by ____ third behind the host - the Philippines and second-ranked Thailand.
a. finishing b. playing c. preparing d. performing
17. In the 22nd SEA Games in 2003, the country _______ the competition with 340 medals, including 156 golds, 91 silvers and 93 bronzes.
a. defended b. cost c. topped d. ranked
18. To improve its athletes' _______, Viet Nam has regularly exchanged delegation of sport officials, coaches, referees and athletes with other countries.
a. team b. competitor c. appearance d. performance
19. _______ is the activity of doing special exercises regularly in order to make your muscles grow bigger.
a. Wrestling b. Bodybuilding c. Weightlifting d. Badminton
20. He is a great sports _______. He rarely misses any sport games although he was busy.
a. enthusiast b. player c. energy d. programmer
21. As she did so, her parents became _______.
a. the angriest b. the most angry
c. the more angry d. angrier and angrier
22. People should eat ____ and do ____ to reduce the risk of heart disease.
a. less fat/ more exercise b. less and less fat/ the more exercise
c. the less fat/ the more exercise d. fatter/ more exercise
23. He spent a year in India and loves spicy food. _______ the food is, _______ he likes it.
a. The hotter/ the more and more b. The hotter/ the more
c. The more and more hot/ the more d. The hottest/ the most
24. Of course you can come to the party. _______.
a. The more the merrier b. The more and the merrier
c. The more and merrier d. The more and more merrier
25. I feel _______ I did yesterday.
a. much more tired than b. many more tired than
c. as many tired as d. as more tired as
26. She is _______ a spectator.
a. more an athlete than b. more of an athlete than
c. an athlete more than d. an athlete of more than
27. His house is _______ mine.
a. twice as big as b. as twice big as
c. as two times big as d. as big as twice
28. ____ live in Ho Chi Minh City than in the whole of the rest of the country.
a. As much as people b. More people
c. As many as people d. People more
29. It gets _______ to understand what the professor has explained.
a. the more difficult b. more difficult than
c. difficult more and more d. more and more difficult
30. You must drive slower in built up areas. _______ you drive in the city, it is _______ that you will have an accident.
a. The faster and faster/ the more
b. The faster/ the more probable
c. The more and more fast/ the more and more probable
d. The more fastly/ the probable
Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
31. There are more sports competed in this SEA Games than in last SEA Games.
a. The sports competed ill this SEA Games are the same as those in last SEA Games.
b. Not as many sports were competed in last SEA Games as in this SEA Games.
c. In the last SEA Games there were some sports which were not competed.
d. In this SEA Games, there are less sports competed than in last SEA Games.
32. No one in the team can play better than John.
a. John plays well but the others play better.
b. John as well as other players of the team plays very well.
c. Everyone in the team, but John, plays very well.
d. John is the best player of the team.
33. He only feels happy whenever he does not have much work to do.
a. The more he works, the happier he feels.
b. The less he works, the happier he feels:
c. His work makes him feel happy.
d. He feels happier and happier with his work.
34. More petrol is consumed nowadays than ten years ago.
a. Not so much petrol was consumed ten years ago as nowadays.
b. Petrol consumption is going down nowadays.
c. We had more petrol ten years ago than we do nowadays.
d. We should consume as much petrol as possible.
35. I learn a lot but I cannot remember anything.
a. I learn more and more and remember more and more.
b. The less I learn, the more I remember.
c. The more I learn, the less I remember.
d. I remember not only what I have learnt.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
The 25th SEA Games is scheduled to be held in Vientiane, Laos in 2009. This will be the first time the country has ever held a Southeast Asian Games. If Laos failed to meet qualifications to hold the event in time, the games would be moved to Singapore. It will also commemorate the 50 years of the SEA Games.
Because of the limited sports facilities in Vientiane, only 25 sports will be in competition. Among the sports will be missing from competition are cycling, gymnastics, hockey, rowing and weightlifting. The 'games will retain events like tenpin bowling, petanque, billiards, 'dragon' boat racing, sepak takraw, wushu, Muay Thai and pencak silat, and will resume the sport of juggling a shuttlecock with feet. The cutback is partly due to the land-locked country - with no sailing, windsurfing or triathlon and also lack of facilities in Vientiane.
Laos will host the games with a budget of $80 million, with the help of China who is building a new stadium to be used as the main venue on a 182-hectare lot in the Vientiane suburb of Saythani district. The stadium will be the biggest in the country and will be able to accommodate over 20,000 spectators. Vietnamese government official has affirmed that Vietnam will help Laos successfully organize the 25th SEA Games. Under the cooperation program, Vietnam will train Lao coaches and athletes, provide equipment and 'send experts to Laos to help it successfully organize the sporting event.