Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 THE 22nd SEA GAMES có đáp án (3)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 THE 22nd SEA GAMES có đáp án
Đến với Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 THE 22nd SEA GAMES có đáp án, quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh sẽ có thêm tài liệu để phục vụ quá trình giảng dạy và học tập. Các tài liệu trong bộ sưu tập này sẽ giúp các em học sinh nắm vững các kiến thức về từ vựng, ngữ pháp trong Unit 13 tiếng Anh 12.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. games b. teams c. medals d. events
2. a. success b. enthusiast c. support d. surprise
3. a. southern b. athlete c. both d. enthusiasm
4. a. compose b. propose c. purpose d. suppose
5. a. organize b. spirit c. title d. surprising
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. The 22nd SEA Games was launched by _______ impressive opening ceremony at Hanoi's My Dinh National Stadium, in front of over 40,000 spectators.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
7. The opening ceremony of the 22nd SEA Games began at 7 pm with _______ song "Vietnam - Our Fatherland".
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
8. On behalf of _______ host country; Prime Minister Phan Van Khai declared the 22nd SEA Games opening ceremony.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
9. Before the 22nd SEA Games, Vietnam had made a good _______ in every aspect.
a. prepare b. preparation c. preparative d. preparer
10. ASEAN press praised the great _______ of Vietnamese athletes at the 22nd SEA Games.
a. sports b. sportsman c. sporting d. sportsmanship
11. The success of the 22nd SEA Games had a great contribution of many _______ volunteers.
a. support b. supporter c. supportive d. supportively
12. The delegation to the SEA Games was composed _______ top competitors of the country.
a. on b. of c. for d. among
13. All the audience was quite surprised _ the success of that young athlete.
a. on b. at c. to d. off
14. Thanks to the encouragement and support, all Vietnamese athletes competed _______ high spirits.
a. for b. of c. on d. in
15. Since its rejoining in the Southeast Asian arena in 1989, Viet Nam's sports have made great _______, particularly in recent SEA Games.
a. success b. invention c. host d. game
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the words given.
31. the Euro Cup 2008/ Zurich/ Tuesday, 17 June/ Italy/ beat/ France/ advance into the quarterfinals
a. With the Euro Cup 2008 in Zurich on Tuesday, 17 June it was Italy beating France to advance into the quarterfinals.
b. For the Euro Cup 2008 in Zurich on Tuesday, 17 June when Italy beat France and advanced into the quarterfinals.
c. In the Euro Cup 2008 in Zurich on Tuesday, 17 June, Italy beat France to advance into the quarterfinals.
d. It was in the Euro Cup 2008 in Zurich on Tuesday, 17 June, Italy beat France to advance into the quarterfinals.
32. the world champion Italy/ beat/ France/ 2-0/ eliminate/ France/ the European championship
a. The world champion Italy, it beat France 2-0 to eliminate France from the European championship.
b. The world champion Italy beat France 2-0 to eliminate France from the European championship.
c. The world champion Italy beat France 2-0 and so eliminate France from the European championship.
d. The world champion Italy beating France 2-0 and eliminated France from the European championship.
33. Italy/ open its account/ the 25th minute/ Andrea Pirlo/ convert the penalty into goal
a. Italy opened its account in the 25th minute and with Andrea Pirlo converted the penalty into goal.
b. Italy opened its account in the 25th minute when Andrea Pirlo converting the penalty into goal.
c. Italy opened its account in the 25th minute, Andrea Pirlo who converted the penalty into goal.
d. Italy opened its account in the 25th minute, with Andrea Pirlo converting the penalty into goal.
34. the French/ unable to open their account/ Italy's Daniele de Rossi/ score/ Italy's second goal in the 62nd minute
a. While the French were unable to open their account and Italy's Daniele de Rossi scored Italy's second goal in the 62nd minute.
b. The French were unable to open their account, therefore, Italy's Daniele de Rossi scored Italy's second goal in the 62nd minute.
c. The French were unable to open their account while Italy's Daniele de Rossi scored Italy's second goal in the 62nd minute.
d. If French were unable to open their account while Italy's Daniele de Rossi would scored Italy's second goal in the 62nd minute.
35. for France/ unsuccessful match/ lose/ the key man Franck Ribery/ serious injury/ only after seven minutes
a. For France, it was an unsuccessful match as it lost the key man Franck Ribery due to serious injury only after seven minutes.
b. For France an unsuccessful match was when it lost the key man Franck Ribery for serious injury in only after seven minutes.
c. For France had an unsuccessful match with losing the key man Franck Ribery because of serious injury only after seven minutes.
d. For France was an unsuccessful match and it lost the key man Franck Ribery because serious injury only after seven minutes.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
The 23rd Southeast Asian Games were held in the Philippines from November 27th to December 5th in 2005. The games were participated by the eleven nations of Southeast Asia. This was the first time that the opening and closing ceremonies were held in a large open field, despite the fact that Manila has many stadiums. The organization decided to hold the games at an open space to accommodate the large number of participants and spectators. As a result, the 2005 SEA Games ranked as having the largest audience - 200,000 people – during the opening and closing ceremonies. These games were also noted for having the most number of delegates in the history of the SEA Games. In the end, all participating countries received medals.
Events in men's football actually started on November 20th, prior to the opening ceremony. Water polo events began on November 21st, women's football on November 23rd, sailing on November 26th, and tennis on November 26th;
The first gold medal of the games was awarded to Singapore on November 25th when their water polo team came out undefeated during the round-robin tournament round. The Philippine team took the silver medal in that event, and Malaysia brought home the bronze.
The Games were also considered a valuable opportunity for athletes to gain competition experience and preparation for the upcoming Asian Games and Olympic Games. It was purposely created to strengthen friendship, solidarity and understanding among neighboring countries in the region.
This was the third SEA Games to be hosted by the Philippines. The last two times the Philippines hosted the games were in 1981, and again in 1991.
There were 1,461 medals awarded, 444 of which were gold, 434 were silver, and 583 were bronze.
36. Up to now, the Philippines has hosted the SEA Games _______ times.
a. 2 b. 3 c. 4 d. 5
37. According to the first paragraph, _______.
a. the opening and closing ceremonies were hold in the stadiums of Manila
b. only four of eleven participating countries got medals
c. the 23rd SEA Games had been over by the end of November, 2005
d. the number of audience in the 23rd SEA Games was about 200,000 people
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Among the total of 1,200 volunteers serving the SEA Games 22 in Ho Chi Minh City, nearly 1,000 are students (41) _____ universities, colleges, technical schools. Besides that, 6,000 cheer people are also in the training session to serve the SEA Games
SEA Games 22 will (42) ____ from the end of November, beginning with football, to nearly the middle of December. This is also the time (43) _____ students to do revision and (44) _____ for their first semester test. In order to provide advantageous (45) _____ to volunteers and students to (46) _____ on their tasks in SEA Games 22, City Youth Union is trying to solve this problem. At present, the volunteers are both studying and participating in the training sessions to prepare themselves for SEA Games 22 at (47) _____ same time. However, at the peak of late November and mid December, the organizers will have plans to assist them and suggest schools and universities offer the time priority to the volunteers helping them serve the Games (48) _____ efficiently. Schools and universities really have the concern -on this matter and will (49) _____ the examination schedules for volunteers till the end of the SEA Games. (50) _____ the time being, the volunteers can assure their time in class and at technical training session, mainly on every Saturday and Sunday. It is hopeful that the volunteers will have comfort to serve SEA Games 22 wholeheartedly.