Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13: The 22nd Sea Games
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13: The 22nd Sea Games
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13: The 22nd Sea Games có kèm đáp án cụ thể giúp các em học sinh ôn thi học kỳ 2 đạt kết quả tốt. Sau đây mời các em cùng luyện tập nhé!
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. decision B. precision C. comprehension D. confusion
2. A. arrival B. vital C. tidal D. citadel
3. A. scoreboard B. science C. schedule D. scanner
Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from that of the others.
4. A. president B. manager C. spectator D. counsellor
5. A. intelligent B. overwhelming C. imaginable. D. intangible
Choose the word that best fits blank.
6. ________ is a person who is very interested in something and spends a lot of time doing it.
A. Enthusiast B. Economist C. Commentator D. Worker
7. Vietnam has a lot of ________ players who won many gold medals in The 22nd SEA Games.
A. outstanding B. outstretching C. outlying D. outgoing
8. The competitor ________the bar and won a gold medal.
A. touched B. cleared C. threw D. kicked
9. ________ is held every two years.
A. The South Eastern Asian Games
B. The Southern East Asian Games.
C. The Southeast Asian Games
D. The Southeast Asia Games
10. Spectators had great ________for the amazing results that Vietnam's sports delegation gained.
A. admire B. admirable C. admiration D. admiter
11. The results of ________ were satisfactory.
A. competitions B. competitor C. competitive D. compete
12. Thailand ________ Vietnam just one goal in the final in The 22nd SEA Games.
A. won B. beat C. knocked D. scored
13. The Vietnamese were very satisfied with excellent performances of the young and ________athletes.
A. energetic B. energy C. energetically D. energize
14. The score in the game or competition is shown on________.
A. scoreboard B. score draw C. score line D. scorecard
15. On behalf of the referees and athletes, they swore to an oath of "solidarity, ________ and Fair Play".
A. Honest B. Honesty C. Honestly D. Dishonest
Choose the word / phrase that best fits each blank.
16. Every computer consists of a number of systems ________together.
A. by working B. work C. they work D. that work
17. Not only ________places of beauty, they serve scientific and educational purposes as well.
A. are botanical gardens B. botanical gardens to be
C. botanical gardens are D. to be botanical gardens
18. ________cheese is essentially a concentrated form of milk; it contains the same nutrients as milk.
A. Although B. Because C. However D. Besides
19. The crowd are becoming excited.
A. less and least B. less and most C. more and more D. more and most
20. Bricks ________ from many different types of clay.
A. were making B. can be made C. are to make D. can make
21. Water polo is a game ________ is played in the water by two teams, each with seven players.
A. in which B. who C. which D. why
22. To be effective, an advertisement must fist attract ________ attention.
A. a B. an C. the D. ø
23. Although Adlai Stevenson was never elected presidents, he was one of the pre-eminent American ________of the mid-twentieth century.
A. politically B. political C. politicians D. politic
24. The larger a drop of water, __________freezing temperature.
A. the higher its B. the highest C. higher then its D. its higher
25. The file clerk says he can't afford to live on his salary if he wants ________ some money for an emergency, so he's going to stop complaining and start looking for another job.
A. saving B. to saving C. to save D. save
26. If humans________ two heads, they couldn't make decisions easily.
A. have B. have had C. had had D. had
27. Mr. Logan's instructions were ________ clear that no one had any questions.
A. such B. ever C. so D. too
28. The contract deadline is ________ February 10th.
A. in B. at C. on D. for
29. Almost everyone has heard the most famous Olympic saying: "Stronger, Higher, ________".
A. Fast B. Fastening C. Faster D. Fasten
30. Although fish can hear, they have neither external ears ________ eardrums.
A. or B. nor C. and D. any
Read the passage and choose the best answers.
The 24th SEA Games was held from 6th to 15th December, 2007 in three provinces in Thailand, namely Nakhon Ratchsima, Bangkok, and Chon Buri. In fact, the 2007 SEA Games was to be hosted by Singapore, but Singapore gave up the chance, as its new national sports stadium is under construction and will not be completed in time for the next SEA Games. Thailand was then asked by The SEA Games Federation to host this regional sport event in place of Singapore.
The SEA Games takes place every two years, with 11 countries in Southeast Asia participating. Each member country, in alphabetical order, takes turn hosting this event. Let's look at the number of sports and gold medals in The SEA Ganes in recent years. The 21st SEA Games, hosted by Malaysia in 2001, had 32 sports with 391 gold medals. There were 32 sports with 439 gold medals in The 22nd SEA Games, held in Vietnam in 2003. The 23rd SEA Games, in The Philippines in 2005, had 40 sports with 439 gold medals.
The 24th SEA Games in Thailand this year, featuring 43 sports and 485 gold medals, had the highest number of sports and gold medals in The Asian Games and The Olympic Games. So The SEA Games is regarded as the largest regional sporting event in the world in terms of number of sports and madals.
31. How long did The 24th SEA Games last?
A. A week B. 8 days C. 2 weeks D. 10 days
32. Which of the following is not stated in the passage?
A. The 24th SEA Games was the largest regional sporting event in the world.
B. The 24th SEA Games was the highest number of sports and gold meadals in the history of the SEA Games.
C. The 22nd SEA Games was held in Vietnam in 2003.
D. The 2007 SEA Games was to be hosted by East Timor.
33. How many sports were there in The 24th SEA Games?
A. 44 B. 485 C. 43 D. 42
34. How offen does the SEA Games take place? Every ___________.
A. 2 years B. 4 years C. 3 years D. 5 years
35. Where was The 21st SEA Games celebrated?
A. in Philippines B. in Vietnam C. in Malaysia D. in Singapore