Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 16 THE ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN NATIONS có đáp án (2)
Trắc nghiệm từng unit tiếng Anh 12
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 16 THE ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN NATIONS có đáp án (2) được giới thiệu trên VnDoc.com và hoàn toàn miễn phí dành cho các bạn. Các bạn hãy tải và ôn luyện ngay với các dạng bài tập này. Chúc các bạn học tốt.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. diverse b. admit c. science d. enterprise
2. a. growth b. although c. within d. southern
3. a. stable b. average c. population d. rate
4. a. combined b. planned c. recorded d. aimed
5. a. justice b. service c. practice d. advice
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. The ASEAN Security Community (ASC) aims to ensure that countries in the region live at _______ with one another and in a democratic and harmonious environment.
a. peace b. peaceful c. peacefully d. peaceable
7. ASEAN's aims include the acceleration of economic growth, _______ progress, cultural, development among its members, and the promotion of regional peace.
a. society b. social c. socially d. socialize
8. A combined gross domestic _______ of the member countries of ASEAN has grown at an average rate of around 6% per year.
a. produce b. productivity c. production d. product
9. To build on the field of political and security cooperation, _______ ASEAN Leaders have agreed to establish the ASEAN Security Community CASC).
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
10. On July 28, 1995, Vietnam became ______ seventh member of ASEAN.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
11. ASEAN has _______ population of 575. 5 million.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
12. The population of ASEAN accounts _______ about 8. 7% of the world's population.
a. of b. for c. in d. from
13. Laos and Myanmar were admitted _______ ASEAN in 1997.
a. for b. of c. to d. in
14. ASEAN also try to solve the problems of ethnic tensions which might lead _______ civil war.
a. into b. away c. off d. to
15. One of ASEAN's objectives is to help people think about peace and _______ and do something about it.
a. origin b. justice c. statistics d. record
16. There are plenty of industrial _______ established in the area, which also makes the government worried about pollution.
a. series b. goods c. enterprises d. relationships
17. Free _______ area is a designated group of countries that have agreed to eliminate tariffs, quotas, and preferences on most goods among them.
a. trade b. cultural c. stable d. adopted
18. The ASEAN Investment Area aims to enhance the competitiveness of the region for attracting direct investment which flows into and within ASEAN.
a. produce b. combine c. found d. improve
19. ASEAN has _______ a community of Southeast' Asian nations at peace with one another and at peace with the world.
a. joined b. estimated c. established d. solved
20. ASEAN helps to _______ regional cooperation in Southeast Asia in the spirit of equality and partnership
a. invest b. promote c. admit d. invest
21. Rice is the _______ exported product of Vietnam.
a. main b. free c. average d. rural
22. I am going to speak with the boss when the meeting _______.
a. will end b. ends c. is ending d. would end
23. _______ Peter gets here, we will congratulate him.
a. As soon as b. After c. No sooner d. Since
24. _______ I visit him, we talk about politics a lot.
a. Up to b. As far as c. Whenever d. Until
25. While she _______ breakfast, I set the table.
a. will make b. was making c. has made d. would be making
26. After Mariana _______ her exam, I _______ her out to eat.
a. was finishing/ would take b. finished/ had taken
c. will finish/ have taken d. has finished/ will take
27. Mrs. Pike _______ the door before the customers arrived.
a. had opened b. will open c. would open d. has opened
28. She went on crying, with her head sunk into a pillow, and cried and cried _______ the pillow was wet through.
a. before b. after c. until d. while
29. _______ in Rome than he was kidnapped.
a. No sooner he arrived b. Had he no sooner arrived
c. No sooner had he arrived d. No sooner he had arrived
30. I have not seen my dog _______ the storm struck the community.
a. since b. while c. as soon as d. when.
Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
31. As soon as you arrive, give me a call.
a. Give me a call immediately on arrival. b. Wait until I call you to arrive.
c. I will phone you on my arrival. d. Whenever you call me, I will arrive.
32. Lucy always reminds me of my youngest sister.
a. My youngest sister's name is Lucy.
b. Whenever I see Lucy, I think of my youngest sister.
c. It is Lucy who is my youngest sister.
d. I always think of Lucy, my youngest sister.
33. By the time we finished our work, Peter had already gone home.
a. Peter did not go home until we finished our work.
b. As soon as we finished our work, we would go home with Peter.
c. We finished our work before Peter went home.
d. Peter had gone home before we finished our work.
34. It has been years since I last ate fish.
a. I have not eaten fish for years.
b. For many years, I have eaten only fish.
c. I like eating fish for years.
d. It is fish that I have eaten for many years.
35. It will not be long until he is at the meeting.
a. It will take him a long time to attend the meeting.
b. He will be at the meeting soon.
c. The meeting will last for a long time.
d. He has been at the meeting for a long time.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), regional alliance of ten independent countries that promotes stability arid economic growth in Southeast Asia. The organization also encourages cultural exchanges between its members. ASEAN was founded in August 1967 by Malaysia, Thailand, and the republics of Indonesia, Singapore, and the Philippines. Brunei joined the alliance after attaining independence from the United Kingdom in 1984. Vietnam was admitted as the first communist member in 1995. Laos and Myanmar joined ASEAN in 1997, and Cambodia became part of the alliance in 1999. The ASEAN secretariat, a central office that administers the organization's activities, is located in Jakarta, Indonesia. Heads of governments of member countries meet annually; there are also annual meetings of Prime Ministers and regular meetings of economic ministers of member countries.
Its principal objectives, outlined in the Bangkok Declaration (1967), were to accelerate economic growth and promote regional peace and stability. A joint forum with Japan was established in 1977 and a cooperation agreement with the European Community (now European Union) was signed in 1980. During the late 1980s and early 1990s, ABEAN played an important role in mediating the civil war in Cambodia. In January 1992 ABEAN members agreed to establish a free-trade area and to cut tariffs on nonagricultural goods over a 15-year period beginning in 1993. However, different regulations and tariffs among member countries have made that task difficult. Even so, ASEAN hoped to achieve economic integration by 2015.
36. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) consists of ten members up to now.
a. True b. False c. No information.
37. The nations in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations exchange cultures one another.
a. True b. False c. No information.
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
What is the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and what is its purpose? The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is a multilateral organization which was (41) _____ to give Southeast Asian states a forum to communicate (42) _____ each other. Since the region had a long colonial past and a history of endemic warfare, there has never been much peaceful and constructive (43) _____ between kings, presidents and other officials. A neutral forum was, (44) _____, a very useful development for all of those countries.
ASEAN was formed as a result of the Bangkok (45) _____ of 1967 and initially had five members: Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, (46) _____ Philippines and Singapore. Brunei (47) _____ joined in 1984 after it had won independence from Britain. Vietnam became the seventh member of the group, officially joining in 1995. (48) _____ several years of negotiation, Myanmar and Laos joined in 1997 and the final member of the ten, Cambodia, joined in 1999. The only (49) state in Southeast Asia which is not a member of ASEAN is now East Timor. It is still (50) _____ vulnerable and fragile to be able to participate for the foreseeable future.