Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 16 THE ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN NATIONS có đáp án (3)
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 16 có đáp án
Việc ôn luyện bằng cách giải thật nhiều các bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 16 THE ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN NATIONS có đáp án (3) này là một cách ôn luyện hiệu quả, có thể giúp học sinh nắm và ghi nhớ lâu nội dung bài học. Hy vọng, BST sẽ hỗ trợ tích cực cho quý thầy cô, các em học sinh trong giảng dạy và học tập.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. technology b. situation c. development d. establishment
2. a. agriculture b. electronic c. population d. scientific
3. a. justice b. admit c. adopt d. improve
4. a. energy b. industry c. forestry d. investment
5. a. series b. respect c. interest d. action
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Throughout the 1970s, ASEAN embarked on a program of economic _______.
a. cooperate b. cooperation c. cooperative d. cooperatively
7. 2007 was the 40th anniversary of the _______ of ASEAN.
a. found b. founder c. foundation d. founding
8. Vietnam asked for _______ to ASEAN in 1995.
a. admit b. admission c. admissive d. admissible
9. Companies now can exploit the opportunities presented by _______ integrated market of increasingly prosperous consumers in the region of ASEAN.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
10. Among ASEAN's _______ greatest challenges are the integration of market diversity and the transitional economies of its member countries.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
11. Integrating with _______ world's economy, ASEAN finds itself facing important opportunities and challenges.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
12. They will campaign for the return of traditional lands and respect _______ national rights and customs.
a. to b. with c. on d. for
13. Our country is trying its best to accelerate the rate ___ economic growth.
a. of b. at c. for d. from
14. Regional development activities have been carried out _______ ASEAN cooperation
a. under b. for c. into d. off
15. ASEAN economic cooperation _______ many areas, such as agriculture, industry, services, transportations, and tourism.
a. creates b. contains c. consists d. covers
16. ASEAN bodies in addressing global and regional concerns such as food security, _______ and disaster management.
a. realization b. energy c. plan d. diversity
17. The 8th ASEAN Science and Technology Week is now being _______ in Manila from 1 to 11 July 2008.
a. held b. joined c. related d. combined
18. The ASEAN Science and Technology Week aims to promote science and technology _______ in the region.
a. tourism b. solution c. forestry d. development
19. In economics, a country's _______ is the total value of goods and services produced within a country in a year, not including its income from investments in other countries.
a. free trade area b. association
c. gross domestic product d. economic cooperation
20. He says the government must introduce tax incentives to encourage _______.
a. dedication b. growth c. unemployment d. investment
21. The local authority must face the _______ that they do not have enough conditions to develop economy.
a. trade b. statistics c. encouragement d. realization
22. I have been learning English _______ I was twenty years old.
a. since b. as soon as c. while d. till
23. _______, can you tell him that I have a book for him, please?
a. When you will see Jason b. When will you see Jason
c. When do you see Jason d. When you see Jason
24. Since I _______ to the town, I _______ home.
a. moved/ have not returned b. will move/ will not returned
c. have moved/ was not returning d. move/ am not returning
25. I'm not leaving _______ I get an apology from you.
a. as far as b. no longer than c. after d. until
26. The teacher _______ before we arrived.
a. will leave b. was leaving c. has left d. had left
27. I flew for the first time last year _______ I went to Brazil.
a. as b. until c. no sooner d. till
28. _______ I realized where I was.
a. No sooner I have opened my eyes than
b. No sooner have I opened my eyes than
c. No sooner I had opened my eyes than
d. No sooner had I opened my eyes than
29. Mary will have finished all her work _______.
a. as soon as her boss returned b. until her boss will return
c. by the time her boss returns d. when he-r boss will return
30. _______ for my train the morning, I met an old school friend.
a. When I had been- waiting b. While I was waiting
c. As I will be waiting d. Until I had been waiting
Choose the best answer which can complete the following sentences.
31. _______ consists of thirteen states and three federal territories in Southeast Asia with a total landmass of 329,847 square kilometers.
a. Malaysia, a country which b. Malaysia is a country that
c. Malaysia it is a country that d. Malaysia which is a country that
32. The population stands at over 25 million _______. Islam is the largest as well as the official religion of the federation.
a. where the Malays form the majority of the population
b. the Malays who form the majority of the population
c. and the Malays form the majority of the population
d. the Malays forming the majority of the population
33. Malaysia is a founding member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations _______.
a. and its participation in many international organizations such as the United Nations
b. and participates in many international organizations such as the United Nations
c. participating in many international organizations, the United Nations
d. to participate in many international organizations as many as the United Nations
34. _______, Malaysia experienced significant economic growth.
a. While between the 1980s and the mid 1990s
b. Between the 1980s and the mid 1990s
c. It was until between the 1980s and the mid 1990s
d. No more than between the 1980s and the mid 1990s
35. There has been a shift from the agriculture-based economy to the economy based on manufacturing and industry _______.
a. such as computers and consumer electronics
b. so many as computers and consumer electronics
c. too many computers and consumer electronics
d. with enough computers as well as consumer electronics
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations or ASEAN was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok by the five original Member Countries, namely, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. Brunei joined on 8 January 1984, Vietnam on 28 July 1995, Lao PDR and Myanmar on 23 July 1997, and Cambodia on 30 April 1999. The ASEAN Declaration states that the aims and purposes of the Association are: to accelerate economic growth, social progress and cultural development in the region and to promote regional peace and stability through abiding respect for justice and the rule of law in the relationship among countries in the region and adherence to the principles of the United Nations Charter.
In 2003, the ASEAN Leaders resolved that an ASEAN Community shall be established comprising three pillars, namely, ASEAN Security Community, ASEAN Economic Community and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community.
The ASEAN Vision 2020, adopted by the ASEAN Leaders on the 30th Anniversary of ASEAN, agreed on a shared vision of ASEAN as a concert of Southeast Asian nations, outward looking, living in peace, stability and prosperity, bonded together in partnership in dynamic development and in a community of caring societies.
ASEAN Member Countries have adopted the following fundamental principles in their relations with one another, as contained in the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia (TAC):
- mutual respect for the independence, sovereignty, equality, territorial integrity, and national identity of all nations;
- the right of every State to lead its national existence free from external interference, subversion or coercion;
- non-interference in the internal affairs of one another;
- settlement of differences or disputes by peaceful manner;
- renunciation of the threat or use of force; and
- effective cooperation among themselves.
36. According to the text, which nation is the last member to join The Association of Southeast Asian Nations up to now.
a. Vietnam b. The Philippines c. Brunei d. Cambodia
37. The ASEAN Declaration is about _______.
a. the cultures of all the members of the organization
b. the development of all countries allover the world
c. the aims and purposes of the organization
d. the laws of the members of the organization
38. The third paragraph is about _______.
a. living in peace, stability and prosperity c. The ASEAN Vision 2020
b. the 30th Anniversary of ASEAN d. the ASEAN Leaders
39. The Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia _______.
a. is not accepted by ASEAN Member Countries
b. consists of fundamental principles in the relations of ASEAN Member Countries
c. is disapproved by ASEAN Member Countries
d. has two principles
40. Which principle does not belong to the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia?
a. interference in the internal affairs of member countries
b. effective cooperation
c. mutual respect
d. peaceful manner
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
The Philippines, officially known (41) _____ the Republic of the Philippines, is (42) _____ in Southeast Asia with Manila as its capital city. The Philippine (43) ____ 7,107 islands in the western Pacific Ocean, sharing borders with Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam. The Philippines is the world's 12th most populous country with a population approaching 90 million people. Its national (44) _____ is the 37th largest in the world with a 2006 gross domestic product (GDP) of over 117. 562 billion USD. There are (45) _____ 11 million overseas Filipinos worldwide. The Philippines became a Spanish colony in the 16th century and an American territory at the (46) _____ of the 20th century. The Philippines won independence from Spain in 1896. The Philippines (47) _____ its independence from the United States on July 4, 1946 after World War II. Spanish was (48) _____ official language of the Philippines until 1973. Since then, the two official languages are Filipino and English. The Philippines had cultural ties with Malaysia, Indonesia, and India in the ancient time, and trade (49) _____ with China and Japan as early as the 9th century. The late 1960s and early 1970s its economic development was second in Asia, (50) _____ to Japan. The Philippines is a founding and active member of the United Nations and is a founding member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)/ The Philippines is also a member of the East Asia Summit (EAS) and an active member in the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).