Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 2 CULTURAL DIVERSITY có đáp án (2)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 2 CULTURAL DIVERSITY có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 2 CULTURAL DIVERSITY có đáp án (2) sẽ mang đến cho các bạn học sinh nhiều dạng bài tập hay, giúp các bạn rèn luyện, nâng cao trình độ môn ngoại ngữ này. Chúng tôi sẽ giới thiệu đến các bạn bài tập trắc nghiệm lẫn tự luận để các bạn ôn tập toàn diện về các điểm ngữ pháp, từ vựng,...
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. naked b. looked c. booked d. hooked
2. a. concerned b. raised c. developed d. maintained
3. a. appeared b. agreed c. coughed d. loved
4. a. sacrificed b. trusted c. recorded d. acted
5. a. laughed b. weighed c. helped d. missed
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. London is home to people of many _______ cultures.
a. diverse b. diversity c. diversify d. diversification
7. John cannot make a _______ to get married to Mary or stay single until he can afford a house and a car.
a. decide b. decision c. decisive d. decisively
8. My mother used to be a woman of great _______, but now she gets old and looks pale.
a. beauty b. beautiful c. beautifully d. beautify
9. My father phoned me to say that he would come _______ home late.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
10. At last they divorced after ten years of _______ marriage.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
11. A curriculum that ignores ethnic tensions, racial antagonisms, cultural _______ and religious differences is pot relevant.
a. diversity b. contacts c. barriers d. levels
12. Some researchers have just _______ a survey of young people's points of view on contractual marriage.
a. sent b. directed c. managed d. conducted
13. It is not easy to ________ our beauty when we get older and older.
a. develop b. maintain c. gain d. collect
14. Many young people have objected to _______ marriage, which is decided by the parents of the bride and groom.
a. agreed b. shared c. contractual d. sacrificed
15. All parents are _______ to at least try to behave in ways that will give their own children an important protection
a. decided b. supposed c. followed d. rejected
16. It is thought that traditional marriage _______ are important basis of limiting divorce rates.
a. appearances b. records c. responses d. values
17. Affected by the Western cultures, Vietnamese young people's attitudes _______ love and marriage have dramatically changed.
a. for b. with c. through d. towards
18. Sometimes she does not agree _______ her husband about child rearing but they soon find the solutions.
a. for b. on c. with d. of
19. The young are _______ more concerned with physical attractiveness than elderly people.
a. much b. as c. many d. as much as
20. It will take more or less a month to prepare for the wedding.
a. approximately b. generally c. frankly d. simply
21. The number of the participants in the survey _______ 250 students for Oxford University.
a. are b. was c. were d. have been
22. The grass was yellow because it _______ all summer.
a. does not rain b. has not rained c. had not rained d. would not rain
23. Many people even wonder these days _______.
a. what marriage is b. what is marriage
c. what marriage was d. what was marriage
24. The lights _______ out because we _______ the electricity bill.
a. have gone/ did not pay b. will go/ did not paid
c. go/ would not pay d. went/ had not paid
25. _______ Tom Cruise's last movie? Yes, I _______ it three days ago
a. Have you ever seen/ saw b. Did you ever see/ have seen
c. Had you ever seen/ would see d. Will you ever see/ saw
26. In the past, people _______ to the beach more often.
a. have gone b. used to go c. were going d. had gone
27. Soon, people _______ most of the time at home.
a. will work b. are working c. have worked d. work
28. I _______ a terrible accident while I _______ on the beach.
a. see/ am walking b. saw/ was walking
c. was seeing/ walked d. have seen/ were walking
29. After all, she _______ him since her childhood.
a. knows b. knew c. was knowing d. had known
30. We _______ touch since we _______ school three years ago.
a. lost/ have left b. have lost/ leave
c. have lost/ left d. were losing/ had left
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
When people plan to marry, they expect to find in their partner not only a lover but a friend also. They find a person with whom they can share their opinions, their emotions, thoughts and fears. In marriage we are looking for a partner who will be able to understand our values, our likes and dislikes.
If a man and a woman are born and raised in the same country, most likely they are familiar with the same songs, movies, jokes, books and life in general. They basically have the same roots. In the case of a western man and foreign woman family everything is more complicated and requires much more patience and understanding from both spouses. On one hand each of the partners has an opportunity to learn a great deal about the other's country, culture, traditions and life styles which can be very interesting. On the other hand it can be very disappointing if there is the inability to understand your partner's excitements and frustrations. For example, you are watching the television and suddenly you see a famous actor or singer, or other type of an artist whose name you have grown up with. Maybe this artist was an idol for your parents and the music of this artist was often played in your house when you were a child. Unfortunately you realize that your wife is unable to understand your feelings because she has no idea who this artist is. Her eyes are absolutely empty because she has never even heard the song before. You feel rather disappointed! Remember that your wife has the same situation with you. You do not know her country's songs, her country's famous actors, her books. She has her own memories and in actuality, for her, everything is much more difficult than it is for you. At least, you live in your own country where everybody can understand you. She lives in completely strange surroundings, where she has nobody to share her feelings with, except you.
Do some research and learn about your wife's country, culture and lifestyles. Talk with her, ask her questions, get to know what songs she likes, what movies and books are of interest to her. The Internet will give you a great opportunity to find anything! Tell her about your country's culture, let her listen to the music that you like, rent a movie for her that left you with great impression. Let her understand you better through the things that you like. Patience and time will help you to fight cultural differences.
36. A spouse should ________.
a. let the partner to do everything alone
b. be not only a lover but also a friend
c. not share the feelings with the partner
d. not interfere with what the partner's likes and dislikes
37. According to the passage, ________.
a. Spouses who have the same nationality need more patience and understanding in their marriage than those who are from different cultures.
b. Spouses who are from different cultures need more patience and understanding in their marriage than those who have the same roots.
c. Spouses who have the same roots go not share anything together.
d. Spouses who are from different cultures can never share anything together.
38. If there is the inability to understand a spouse's excitements and frustrations the marriage, he or she may feel ________.
a. faithful b. hopeless c. disappointed d. happy
39. The passage is ________.
a. critical b. convincing c. advisory d. apologetic
40. To overcome cultural differences in marriage needs ________.
a. patience and time b. time and money
c. movies and music d. books and the Internet
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Most Americans eat three meals (41) ______ the day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast begins between 7:00 and 8:00am, lunch between 11:00 am and noon, and dinner between 6:00 and 8:00 pm. On Sundays "brunch" is a (42) ______ of breakfast and lunch, typically beginning at 11:00 am. Students often enjoy a "study break" or evening snack around 10:00 or 11:00 pm. Breakfast and lunch tend to be light meals, with only one (43) ______. Dinner is the main meal.
(44) ______ breakfast Americans will eat cereal with milk which are often mixed (45) ______ in a bowl, a glass of orange juice, and toasted bread or muffin with jam, butter, or margarine. Another common breakfast meal is scrambled eggs or (46) ______ omelet with potatoes and breakfast meat (bacon or sausage). People who are on (47) ______ eat just a cup of yogurt. Lunch and dinner are more (48) ______. When eating at a formal dinner, you may be overwhelmed by the number of utensils. How do you (49) ______ the difference between a salad fork, a butter fork, and a dessert fork? Most Americans do not know the answer (50) ______ But knowing which fork or spoon to use first is simple: use the outermost utensils first and the utensils closest to the plate last.