Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 2 CULTURAL DIVERSITY có đáp án (4)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 2 CULTURAL DIVERSITY có đáp án (4)
Chỉ với thao tác download đơn giản trên VnDoc.com là các em đã có ngay Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 2 CULTURAL DIVERSITY có đáp án (4) bao gồm nhiều bài tập hay, vừa giúp các em ôn tập, củng cố kiến thức lại bài học vừa tích lũy thêm cho mình kinh nghiệm, kỹ năng làm bài cần thiết.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. advised b. devised c. raised d. practised
2. a. shared b. viewed c. confided d. measured
3. a. determined b. expressed c. approved d. married
4. a. smoked b. called c. photographed d. based
5. a. demanded b. lived c. questioned d. supposed
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Many Vietnamese people ______ their lives for the revolutionary cause of the nation
a. sacrifice b. sacrificed c. sacrificial d. sacrificially
7. Most of us would maintain that physical ______ does not playa major part in how we react to the people we meet.
a. attract b. attractive c. attractiveness d. attractively
8. They had a ______ candlelit dinner last night and she accepted his proposal of marriage.
a. romance b. romantic c. romantically d. romanticize
9. Reading the story of the ______ having her dress torn off in the lift reminded me of my friend's wedding.
a. groom b. bride c. celibate d. groomsman
10. I do not think there is a real ______ between men and women at home as well as in society.
a. attitude b. value c. measurement d. equality
11. The ______ to success is to be ready from the start.
a. key b. response c. agreement d. demand
12. A recent survey has shown that supporters of equal partnership in marriage are still in the ______.
a. crowd b. particular c. majority d. obligation
13. She accepted that she had acted ______ and mistakenly, which broke up her marriage.
a. romantically b. unwisely c. wisely d. attractively
14. They decided to divorce and Mary is ______ to get the right to raise the child.
a. equal b. determined c. obliged d. active
15. ______ love is ______ very strong feeling of affection towards someone who you are romantically or sexually attracted to.
a. The/ the b. The/ Ø c. A/ the d. Ø/ a
16. I fell in ______ love with him because of his kind nature.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
17. His ideas about marriage are quite different ______ mine.
a. with b. from c. for d. on
18. I believe that he was concerned ______ all those matters which his wife mentioned.
a. with b. over c. upon d. above
19. Everyone has been more ______ less the same from the point of view of satisfaction.
a. or b. and c. nor d. but
20. Women always feel moved when they find somebody who understands, them ______ they know themselves.
a. better as b. more better than c. better than d. as better than
21. He ______ email before, so I ______ him how to use it.
a. did not use/ had shown b. had not used/ showed
c. has not used/ showed d. was not using/ will show
22. Doctor Pike ______ the hospital after he ______ an uneventful evening on duty. He ______ of his day of rest.
a. was leaving/ has had/ thought b. left/ had had/ was thinking
c. will leave/ had/ will think d. is leaving/ will have/ thinks
23. She ______ me anything about that problem so far.
a. is not telling b. does not tell c. will not tell d. has not told
24. I think that everything ______ ready for the project procedure by the end of next month.
a. will have been b. has been c. had been d. is
25. Be quiet! Someone ______ at the front door. I ______ it.
a. is knocking/ will answer b. knocks/ am answering
c. has knocked/ am going to answer d. will knock/ have answered
26. Dan and Crystal ______ married in June.
a. are getting b. has got c. was getting d. will have got
27. Two lions ______ from Chessington Zoo, and the police ______ to catch them.
a. will escape/ try b. escaped/ had tried
c. have escaped/ are trying d. escape/ were trying
28. Oranges ______ rich in vitamin C, which ______ good for our health.
a. have been/ is b. are/ is c. are/ will be d. were/ has been
29. Let's go to Fuji for our summer holiday! - OK. It ______ good.
a. sounds b. is sounding c. has sounded d. was sounding
30. They ______ enthusiastically when their teacher ______ in.
a. discuss/ comes b. will have discussed/ comes
c. will discuss/ will come d. were discussing/ came
Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
31. This is the first time I attend such an enjoyable wedding party.
a. The first wedding party I attended was enjoyable.
b. I had the first enjoyable wedding party.
c. My attendance at the first wedding party was enjoyable.
d. I have never attended such an enjoyable wedding party before.
32. It is not until a Vietnamese girl getting 18 years old that she is allowed to get married legally.
a. A Vietnamese girl is not allowed to get married legally only when she gets 18 years old.
b. A Vietnamese girl is allowed to get married legally only after she gets 18 years old.
c. They never allow a Vietnamese girl to get married legally when she is 18 years old.
d. The legal allowance for a Vietnamese girl to get married will be issued in 18 years.
33. I have not met her for three years.
a. The last time I met her was three years ago.
b. It is three years when I will meet her.
c. I did not meet her three years ago.
d. During three years, I met her once.
34. This pasta is a new experience for me.
a. I used to eat a lot of pasta.
b. I am used to eating pasta.
c. It is the first time I have eaten pasta.
d. I have ever eaten pasta many times before.
35. I have not seen Tom for ages.
a. It has been a long time. since I last saw Tom.
b. Tom and I do not look the same age.
c. Tom and I are friends for a long time.
d. I often met Tom ages ago.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Traditions, saying, beliefs, language, and values are just a few things that make up our culture. Culture is the framework in which families are structured. It shapes our expectations and ideals. Culture plays a part in the meaning of marriage and our roles as husbands, wives, children and parents.
Understanding cultural differences and similarities related to marriage is important. Culture affects the roles that spouses take within marriages, the age at marriage and number of children a couple have, the meaning of divorce, cohabitation and non-marital childbearing, and the way parents raise children. Understanding how relationships and marriages vary across cultural contexts, and how they are similar, we will be able to identify the unique ways that marriages and family life affect people of various cultures. As a result, we will be able to help families and sustain happy marriages.
A cross cultural marriage or similar love relationship can be extremely exciting. The cultural background, visits to the other country, the language of the country and learning to speak it, the different habits and ways of doing and saying things that people from other cultures have, are. all very exciting indeed. What of the disadvantages of a cross cultural marriage or love relationship with someone from another country or cultural background? No matter how much you love your husband or wife, no matter how high your level of cross cultural awareness, cross cultural communication and respect for differences. Misunderstanding seems to be unavoidable.
36. The passage is about _________.
a. the effects of cultures on love and marriage b. the definition of culture
c. the role of spouses in the family d. cultural differences
37. The word It refers to _________.
a. culture b. family c. framework d. structure
38. According to the writer, cross-cultural marriage _________.
a. does not have advantages
b. does not have disadvantages
c. have both advantages and disadvantages
d. does not exist through time
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Romance is the opportunity to show your loved one (41) ______ special he/she is to you. It means (42) ______ the time for them, and sharing time together, even (43) ______ you are very busy. It does not mean thinking only about yourself, or having only your needs (44) ______. It means putting your spouse first. Here are some ideas to spice up your romance:
1. Do small acts of kindness, such as give him/her flowers, or a little gift, or (45) ______ a poem, etc.
2. (46) ______ "Thank you" and "I Love You" often.
3. Be considerate (47) ______ his/her feelings and sorrows.
4. Take long walks together - anywhere.
5. Share jokes at mealtime. (48) _____ is a great way to share one's love.
6. Visit a museum, visit community festivals, tour a new site, or attend a party together.
7. Hug and kiss often.
If your spouse does not do things for you, then show him/her by gentlyB (49) ______ out what you like. If you like flowers for your birthday and you have not gotten flowers, then let him/her know, (50) ______, when he/ she asks you what you would like. Do not think they can read your mind.