Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 4: School Education System Số 2 có đáp án
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 12 có đáp án
Bài tập trắc nghiệm môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 4 dưới đây là những dạng bài quen thuộc. Đề thi có thể thay đổi dạng đi một chút nhưng cơ bản nó vẫn là hình thức này, nếu có thay đổi thì biến tướng một chút thôi, chắc chắn không có gì là lạ, đánh đố, hoặc cho quá khó đối với kiến thức HS đã được học.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. expression b. easily c. depression d. disruptive
2. a. algebra b. musical c. politics d. apartment
3. a. mechanic b. chemistry c. cinema d. finally
4. a. typical b. favorite c. division d. organize
5. a. computer b. establish c. business d. remember
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. The school library is open _______ all of the students and the teaching staff of the school.
a. for b. over c. to d. among
7. I have just taken a Test of English as a Foreign Language or TOEFL _______ short.
a. of b. in c. on d. for
8. He did not do well at school and left with few _______ qualifications.
a. academic b. academy c. academician d. academically
9. The Minister of the Education and Training Department appeared on TV last night to _______ his new policy.
a. public b. publicly c. publicize d. publicizing
10. He owed his success not to privilege but to self-education and a driving desire for _______.
a. achieve b. achiever c. achievement d. achievable
11. The college offers both _______ and professional qualifications.
a. government b. experience c. requirement d. academic
12. Fee-paying schools, often called "independent schools", "private schools" or "_______ schools"
a. college b. primary c. secondary d. public
13. In the UK, _______ schools refer to government-funded schools which provide education free of charge to pupils.
a. state b. secondary c. independent d. primary
14. Mathematics, a required subject in all schools, is __ into many branches.
a. grouped b. prepared c. divided d. added
15. Education has been developed in _______ with modern industry and the mass media.
a. compulsory b. parallel c. selected d. following
16. School uniform is compulsory in most of Vietnamese schools.
a. depended b. required c. divided d. paid
17. _______ music is _______ popular pastime at many schools.
a. Ø/ a b. The/ the c. A/ the d. The/ Ø
18. To apply to _______ UK independent school, you'll need to have _______ good standard of education from your own country
a. a/ a b. the/ a c. an/ the d. the/ the
19. Education _____ to be the most important element to develop a country.
a. often be considered b. can often consider
c. can often considered d. can often be considered
20. The preparations _______ by the time the guests _______.
a. had been finished/ arrived b. have finished/ arrived
c. had finished/ were arriving d. have been finished/ were arrived
21. _______ in that company?
a. Do shoes make b. Are shoes be made
c. Shoes are made d. Are shoes made
22. Portuguese _______ as an official language in this city since three hundred years ago.
a. has always been spoken b. has been spoken always
c. has always spoken d. had always spoken
23. More than ten victims _______ missing in the storm last week.
a. are reported to be b. are reported to have been
c. are reporting to have been d. are reporting to be
24. _______ by your father?
a. Did that book write b. Did that book written
c. Was that book written d. Was that book be writing
25. Something _______ immediately to prevent teenagers from _______ in factories and mines.
a. should be done/ being exploited b. we should do/ exploiting
c. should do I be exploited d. should have done/ exploited
26. This car _______.
a. was manufactured in Japan by Toyota last year
b. was manufactured by Toyota last year in Japan
c. was manufactured last year in Japan by Toyota
d. last year was manufactured by Toyota in Japan
27. Why _______ on time?
a. don't the exercises finish
b. weren't the exercises be finished
c. aren't the exercises being finished
d. aren't the exercises be finished
28. No longer _______ in our office since it _______.
a. have typewriters been used/ computerized
b. typewriters have been used/ was computerized
c. have typewriters been used/ was computerized
d. typewriters have been used/ computerized
29. When _______?
a. were computers used first b. were computers first used
c. did computers first use d. are computers first using
30. That machine is useless. It not been used for a long time
a. is b. was c. did d. has
Choose the best sentence that can be arranged from the words given.
31. our I will/ school/ if/ access/ much/ Internet/ we/ to/ learn I the/ better/ has
a. If our school has access to the Internet, we will learn much better.
b. If we will learn much better, our school has access to the Internet.
c. If our school has much access, we will learn better to the Internet.
d. If we will learn better to the Internet, our school has much access.
32. exchange/ allows/ computers/ and/ us/ to/ the/ ideas/ connect/ to/ !other/ Internet
a. The Internet allows us to connect to other computers and exchange ideas.
b. The Internet exchange ideas and allows us to connect to other computers.
c. The Internet allows us and exchange ideas to connect to other computers.
d. The Internet connect to other computers and allows us to exchange ideas.
33. sharing/ Internet/ encouraging/ new/ the/ of/ working/ ways/ collaboration/ is/ from/ home/ and/ information
a. The Internet is of working from home, collaboration, information sharing and encouraging new ways
b. The Internet is working from home, collaboration and information of sharing, encouraging new ways.
c. The Internet is encouraging new ways of working from home, collaboration and information sharing.
d. The Internet is collaboration and information sharing, encouraging new ways of working from home.
34. need/ come/ to/ class/ explain/ teacher/ sit/ at/ through/ the/ home/ not/ and/ may/ lesson/ to/ us/ the/ Internet lour/ he
a. Our teacher may sit at home and explain the lesson to us. He need not come to class through the Internet.
b. Our teacher need not come to class. He may explain the lesson to us through the Internet and sit at home.
c. Our teacher need not come to class. He may sit at home and explain the lesson to us through the Internet.
d. Our teacher need not come to class he may sit at home and explain the lesson to us through the Internet..
35. access/ also/ we/ use/ Internet/ music/ other/ relaxation/ and/ to/ and/ download/ m9vies/ works/ for/ our/ enjoyment/ can/ and/ the
a. We can also use the Internet download music, movies and other works for our enjoyment and relaxation and to access.
b. We can also use the Internet to access and download music, movies and other works for our enjoyment and relaxation.
c. We can also use the Internet to download music, movies and access and other works for our enjoyment and relaxation.
d. We can also use the Internet for our enjoyment and relaxation to access and download music, movies and other works.
Read the two passages carefully and choose the correct answer.
In developing countries, people are sometimes unaware of the importance of education, and there is economic pressure from those parents who prioritize their children's, making money in the short term over any long-term benefits of education. Recent studies on child labor and, poverty have suggested that when poor families reach a certain economic threshold where families are able to provide for their basic needs, parents return their children to school. This has been found to be true, once the threshold has been breached, even if the potential economic value of the children's work has increased since their return to school.
Other problems are that teachers are often paid less than other professions; a lack of good universities and a low acceptance rate for good universities are evident in countries with a relatively high population density.
India has launched EDUSAT, an education satellite that can reach remote parts of the country at a greatly reduced cost. There is also ail initiative supported by several major corporations to develop a $100 laptop. The laptops have been available since 2007. The laptops, sold at cost, will enable developing countries to give their children a digital education. In Africa, an "e-school program" has been launched to provide all 600,000 primary and high schools with computer equipment, learning materials and internet access within 10 years. Volunteer groups are working to give more individuals opportunity to receive education in developing countries through such programs as the Perpetual Education Fund. An International Development Agency project started with the support of American President Bill Clinton uses the Internet to allow co-operation by individuals on issues of social development.
36. In developing countries, ________.
a. people all know that education is very important all the time
b. all parents are rich enough to send their children to school
c. children have rights to get high schooling
d. children have to work instead of going to school
37. According to recent studies, when parents are able to overcome their financial difficulty, ________.
a. they send their children back to school
b. they still make their children continue working
c. they have their children work even harder
d. they themselves continue their schooling
38. In populous countries, ________.
a. teaching is the highest-paid career
b. there are a lot of good universities
c. there is a lack of good universities
d. no other careers are better paid than teaching
39. The third paragraph is about ________.
a. an Indian education satellite
b. the projects to computerize education in developing countries
c. the computerization of African education
d. President Bill Clinton who bought a lot of computers
40. How many projects are presented in the third paragraph?
a. One b. Two c. Three d. Four
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
The General Certificate of Secondary Education or the GCSE examinations for (41) _____ are the standard school-leaver qualifications taken by (42) _____ all UK students in the May and June following their 16th birthday. If you come to a UK (43) _____ school before you (44) _____ the age of 16, you will study towards GCSE examinations in up to 12 subjects. Some subjects are compulsory, including English arid mathematics, and you can select (45) _____, such as music, drama, geography and history from a series of options. GCSEs provide a good all-round education (46) _____ you can build on at college and eventually at university.
AS- and A-levels are taken after GCSEs. They are the UK qualifications most (47) _____ accepted for entry to university and are available in subjects from the humanities, arts, sciences and social sciences as well as in (48) _____ subjects such as engineering, and leisure and tourism. You can study up to four subjects at (49) _____ same time for two years, (50) _____ AS-level examinations at the end of your first year (called the lower-sixth) and A-level qualifications at the end of your second year (called the upper-sixth).
41. a. short b. long c. big d. long
42. a. similarly b. fortunately c. approximately d. virtually
43. a. dependence b. independence c. independent d. independently
44. a. reach b. come c. approach d. go
45. a. other b. each other c. another d. others
46. a. what b. that c. where d. whose
47. a. wide b. widely c. width d. widen
48. a. practical b. apprentice c. vocational d. physical
49. a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
50. a. holding b. choosing c. putting d. taking