Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 6: Future Jobs có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 6: Future Jobs có đáp án
Nhiều bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 hay sẽ được chúng tôi tổng hợp và gửi đến các bạn. Các bạn sẽ được giới thiệu nhiều bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 cơ bản và nâng cao, bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 trắc nghiệm lẫn tự luận. Việc ôn tập bằng cách giải nhiều dạng bài tập như thế này sẽ giúp các bạn củng cố được kiến thức về nhiều mặt như: từ vựng, cấu trúc ngữ pháp,...
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. interview b. impression c. company d. formally
2. a. stressful b. pressure c. prepare d. future
3. a. employment b. remember c. concentrate d. position
4. a. express b. effort c. office d. comment
5. a. advice b. relate c. during d. forget
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. I am so _______ that I cannot say anything, but keep silent.
a. nerve b. nervous c. nervously d. nervousness
7. _______ speaking, I do not really like my present job.
a. Honest b. Honesty c. Honestly d. Dishonest
8. A letter of _______ is sometimes really necessary for you in a job interview.
a. recommend b. recommended c. recommender d. recommendation
9. Her job was so _______ that she decided to quit it.
a. interesting b. satisfactory c. stressful d. wonderful
10. Some days of rest may help to _______ the pressure of work.
a. reduce b. lower c. chop d. crease
11. Can you please tell me some information that _______ to the job?
a. indicates b. expresses c. interests d. relates
12. Not all teenagers are well _______ for their future job when they are at high school.
a. interested b. satisfied c. concerned d. prepared
13. Qualifications and _______ are two most important factors that help you get a good job.
a. politeness b. experience c. attention d. impression
14. Before the interview, you have to send a letter of application and your résumé to the company.
a. recommendation b. reference c. curriculum vitae d. photograph
15. I have just been called _______ a job interview. I am so nervous.
a. for b. in c. over d. with
16. What do I have to bring _______ me to the interview.
a. with b. upon c. in d. along
17. Knowing your skills and strengths is _______ important part of the job search process.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
18. Students who need ______ extra money can find _______ part time job.
a. Ø/ a b. an/ the c. the/ Ø d. a/ the
19. My father works for a construction company in _______.
a. Winchester, which is a city in the U.K.
b. Winchester, that is a city in the U.K.
c. Winchester is a city in the U.K.
d. Winchester where is a city in the U.K.
20. Ms Young, to _______ many of her students are writing, is living happily and peacefully in Canada.
a. who b. whom c. that d. whose
21. I saw a lot of new people at the party, _______ seemed familiar.
a. some of whom b. some of who c. whom d. some of that
22. My friend eventually decided to quit her job, _______ upset me a lot
a. that b. when c. which d. who
23. He is the man _______ car was stolen last week.
a. whom b. that c. which d. whose
24. They have just found the couple and their car _______ were swept away during the heavy storm last week.
a. that b. which c. whose d. when
25. It was the worst winter _______ anyone could remember.
a. when b. which c. where d. why
26. I would like to know the reason _______ he decided to quit the job.
a. why b. which c. that d. when
27. _____ instructed me how to make a good preparation for a job interview.
a. John Robbins to that I spoke by telephone,
b. John Robbins, that I spoke to by telephone,
c. John Robbins I spoke to by telephone,
d. John Robbins, whom I spoke to by telephone,
28. He was always coming up with new ideas, were absolutely impracticable.
a. most of whom b. that c. most of which d. most of that
29. She always had wanted to go to places _______ she could speak her native tongue.
a. that b. in that c. which d. where
30. February is the month ____ many of my colleagues take skiing holidays.
a. when b. that c. in that d. which
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
These following tips may help you make a good impression on your job interviewer during the interview:
Before entering enquire by saying, "May I come in sir/madam?".
If the door was closed before you entered, make sure you shut the door behind you softly.
Look at the interviewer and confidently say 'Good day sir/madam'.
If the interviewer wants to shake hands, then offer a firm grip first maintaining eye contact and a smile.
Seek permission to sit down. If the interviewer is standing, wait for them to sit down first before you take your seat.
An alert interviewee would diffuse the tense situation with light-hearted humor and immediately set rapport with the interviewer.
The interviewer normally pays more attention if you display an enthusiasm in whatever you say. This enthusiasm comes across in the energetic way you put forward your ideas.
You should maintain a cheerful disposition throughout the interview.
A little humor or wit thrown in the discussion occasionally enables the interviewer to look at the pleasant side of your personality.
You must maintain eye contact with the interviewer. This shows your self-confidence and honesty. Many interviewees while answering questions, tend to look away. This conveys you are concealing your own anxiety, fear and lack of confidence. Maintaining an eye contact is a difficult process. As the circumstances in an interview are different, the value of eye contact is tremendous in making a personal impact.
Interviewers appreciate a natural persoJ1 rather than an actor. It is best for you to talk in natural manner because then you appear genuine.
36. The writer attitude is _______.
a. optimistic b. pessimistic c. advisory d. informative
37. According to the writer, _______.
a. shaking hands is a must in a job interview
b. you should slam the door after entering the room
c. you needn't ask for a permission to enter the room
d. eye contact is necessary in a job interview
38. The writer advises that _______.
a. permission to sit down is unnecessary
b. you should not take your seat before the interview sits down
c. you should shake the interview's hand as firmly as possible
d. you should conceal your enthusiasm
39. Which is not advised in a job interview?
a. a lack of confident b. honesty
c. a sense of humor d. a cheerful disposition
40. During your job interview, you should communicate _______ with the interview.
a. naturally b. dramatically c. anxiously d. dishonestly
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
What do you do well? What do you enjoy doing? Your answers to these two questions will help you identify your (41) _____. An employer will consider you seriously for a (42) when you can show them that you know who you are, what you can offer and which you have studied. Sometimes it is difficult to know what your weaknesses are. Clearly not everyone is equally good (43) _____ everything. You may need to improve yourself and so (44) _____ courses in that field could turn a weakness into strength.
You will need to (45) _____ some time on your self-assessment. Your honesty and the desire for self-improvement will lead to (46) _____ in getting the right job. Explore the following seven areas to start to get to know yourself: your aptitude, your skills, your personality, the level of responsibility you feel comfortable with, your interests and your needs.
Ask (47) _____ if you have any special talents and if you need to consider your physical health when choosing a job. Be as honest and realistic as you can, and ask for other people's (48) _____ if necessary. Make a list of these things. It is usually a good idea to talk about your aptitudes with teachers, family and friends;
If you are considering a career that (49) _____ a special talent, such as art, acrobatics, mathematics or music, discuss your aptitudes with (50) _____ expert in that area and discover how they fit the needs of the occupation.
41. a. strong b. strength c. strengthen d. strengthened
42. a. position b. location c. spot d. room
43. a. upon b. in c. at d. for
44. a. meeting b. taking c. choosing d. interviewing
45. a. use b. make c. lose d. spend
46. a. success b. successful c. successfully d. succeed
47. a. you b. your c. yours d. yourself
48. a. interests b. fields c. opinions d. attendances
49. a. requires b. asks c. tells d. urges
50. a. a b. an c. the d. no article