Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 7: Economic Reforms Số 1 có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 7: Economic Reforms Số 1 có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 7: Economic Reforms Số 1 có đáp án gồm các câu hỏi trắc nghiệm có đáp án giúp cho các bạn học sinh lớp 12 có thêm tư liệu tham khảo phục vụ cho ôn tập thi cử. Chúc các bạn làm bài tốt trong kỳ thi sắp tới.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. economic b. experience c. entertainment d. introduction
2. a. achievement b. communist c. constantly d. government
3. a. heavy b. major c. program d. reform
4. a. production b. consumer c. domestic d. business
5. a. hospital b. inflation c. policy d. constantly
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. It is quite important _______ me to get on and think.
a. of b to c. on d. with
7. If you think you may be allergic to a food or drink, eliminate it _______ your diet.
a. for b. without c. from d. on
8. The new policies include cutting _______ subsidies and trade barriers.
a. agriculture b. agricultural c. agriculturalist d. agriculturally
9. The control of _______ has been carried out through measures rooted in monetarism.
a. inflate b. inflationist c. inflation d. inflator
10. It is often a good idea to start with small, easily _______ goals.
a. achieve b. achievement c. achievable d. achiever
11. Economic reforms began in the Soviet Union in June 1985 by the Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to _______ the Soviet economy.
a. repair b. reproduce c. restructure d. reply
12. After more than a decade of Doi Moi or economic _______, the Vietnamese Communist government has achieved diplomatic and economic links with numerous foreign partners.
a. relation b. investment c. productivity d. renovation
13. For more than 20 years, the Vietnamese government has pursued the open-door _______ and continued to woo foreign investment.
a. policy b. way c. export d. guideline
14. After a decade of economic liberalization, Vietnam has seen a dramatic rise in living _______ in urban areas.
a. surface b. standards c. levels d. backgrounds
15. _______ laws and regulations which impose restrictions on any rights should be revised to comply with international law.
a. Domestic b. Program c. Encouraged d. Expanding
16. These new economic reforms have allowed for international _______ and development in the country.
a. pay b. renovation c. investment d. opportunity
17. In 2001 _______ Vietnamese Communist Party approved a 10-year economic plan that enhanced the role of the, private sector while reaffirming the primacy of the state.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
18. It would also concomitantly attract foreign investment to Vietnam, not only from ____ U. S. , but also from ____ Europe, Asia, and other regions.
a. Ø/ the b. the/ the c. Ø/ an d. the/ Ø
19. _______ some German and British management styles are similar, there are many differences between them.
a. In spite b. In spite of c. Despite the fact that d. Despite
20. I could not eat _______ I was very hungry.
a. even though b. in spite c. despite d. in spite the fact that
21. In spite _______, the baseball game was not cancelled.
a. the rain b. of the rain c. it was raining d. there was a rain
22. _______ he had enough money, he refused to buy a new car.
a. In spite b. In spite of c. Despite d. Although
23. _______, he walked to the station.
a. Despite being tired b. Although to be tired
c. In spite being tired d. Despite tired
24. The children slept well, despite _______.
a. it was noise b. the noise c. of the noise d. noisy
25. She left him _______ she still loved him.
a. even if b. even though c. in spite of d. despite
26. _______ her lack of hard work, she was promoted.
a. In spite b. Even though c. In spite of d. Despite of
27. _______ they are brothers, they do not look like.
a. Although b. Even c. Despite d. In spite of
28. We are concerned with the problem of energy resources _______ we must also think of our environment.
a. despite b. though c. as though d. but
29. _______ some Japanese women are successful in business, the majority of Japanese companies are run by men.
a. But b. Even if c. If d. As though
30. The teams played on in spite of the rain.
a. even if b. if c. in case d. not with standing
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Vietnam is a densely-populated, developing country that in the last 30 years has had to recover from the ravages of war. Substantial progress was achieved from1986 to 1997 in moving forward from an extremely low level of development and significantly reducing poverty.
Since 2001, Vietnamese authorities have reaffirmed their commitment to economic liberalization and international integration. They have moved to implement the structural reforms needed to modernize the economy and to produce more competitive, export-driven industries..
Vietnam's membership in the ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) and entry into force of the US-Vietnam Bilateral Trade Agreement in December 2001. have led to even more rapid changes in Vietnam's trade and economic regime. Vietnam's exports to the US doubled in 2002 and again in 2003.
Vietnam joined the WTO (World Trade Organization) in January 2007, following over a decade long negotiation process. This should provide ail important boost to the economy and should help to ensure the continuation of liberalizing reforms.
Vietnam is working to create jobs to meet the challenge of a labor force that is growing by more than one million people every year. Vietnamese authorities have tightened monetary and fiscal policies to stem high inflation. Hanoi is targeting an economic growth rate of 7. 5-8% during the next five years.
36. Vietnam's economy is _______.
a. decreasing b. facing crisis c. developing d. backward
37. According to the text, Vietnam _______.
a. used to be well-developed before 1986
b. Vietnam is still in extreme poverty
c. could recover from the consequences of the war soon
d. has been modernizing the economy
38. Vietnam _______.
a. does not export anything to the US
b. exported to the US in 2003 twice as much goods as in 2002
c. did not export goods to the US in 2002
d. did not export goods to the US in 2003
39. The word This refers to _______.
a. Vietnam's joining the WTO b. the WTO
c. the negotiating process d. the Vietnamese economy
40. The word stem has a close meaning to _______.
a. succeed b. stop c. originate d. invrease
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Vietnam is considered a third world country, its people live (41) _____ poverty by the millions. After the (42) _____, Vietnam's economy remained dominated by small-scale production, low labor productivity, (43) _____, material and technological shortfalls, and insufficient food and (44) _____ goods. The Doi Moi reforms that were instated in 1986 have shed new light and added new features to the Vietnamese economy. (45) ____ Vietnamese Communist Party plays a leading role in establishing the foundations and principles of communism, mapping strategies for economic development, setting growth targets, and (46) _____ reforms. Doi Moi combined government planning with free-market incentives and (47) _____ the establishment of private businesses and foreign investment, including foreign-owned enterprises. By the late 1990s, the success of the business and agricultural reforms ushered in under Doi Moi was evident. (48) _____ than 30,000 private businesses had been created, and the economy was growing at an annual (49) _____ of more than 7 percent. Farming systems research and the international development projects are a source of new hope for the people of Vietnam. If these recent projects are successful and Doi Moi continues on its current path the Vietnamese people may (50) _____ a new standard of living. More reforms like Doi Moi need to take place in order to create a more stable Vietnamese future.
41. a. for b. in c. on d. of
42. a. liberate b. liberation c. liberator d. liberal
43. a. application b. salary c. profession d. unemployment
44. a. consumer b. producer c. spender d. manufacturer
45. a. A b. An c. The d. Ø
46. a. launching b. flying c. sending d. raising
47. a. found b. promised c. required d. encouraged
48. a. Much b. More c. As d. As more
49. a. rate b. level c. standard d. step
50. a. come b. approach c. reach d. arrive