Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 6 Thí điểm Unit 7: Television
UNIT 7: TELEVISION - PRACTICE TEST
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 6 Thí điểm Unit 7: Television được VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải là tài liệu hay để thầy cô và các em tham khảo trong quá trình học tập và giảng dạy Tiếng Anh lớp 6 chương trình thí điểm. Sau đây mời thầy cô và các em vào tham khảo.
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently:
1. A. tooth
2. A. gather
3. A. though
4. A. clip
5. A. studio
II. Choose the word whose main stress id placed different:
1. A. popular
2. A. clumsy
3. A. national
4. A. weatherman
5. A. favorite
B. Vocabulary and grammar:
III. Choose the best item among A, B, C or D to complete the sentences:
1. _________ is the most expensive city in the world? – I think it's Tokyo.
A. What B. where C. when D. how
2. _________ is your favorite tennis player? – I don't like tennis.
A. Where B. Who C. How often D. How long
3. My brother can't swim _________ he's afraid (sợ) __________ water.
A. because B. and C. but D. so
4. My sister likes going to the cinema _________ I like watching TV at home.
A. and B. but C. because D. or
5. ___________ pen is this? Can I borrow it?
A. Whose B. Whom C. Who D. Which
6. ___________ are you going to invite to your party next week?
A. What B. Who C. Whose D. Where
7. ___________ did you spend in Hanoi? – One week.
A. How many B. How much C. How long D. How often
8. ___________ is a person who reads a report in the program.
A. A weatherman B. a comedian C. a newsreader D. a guest
9. We use a __________ to change the channels from a distance.
A. remote control B. TV schedule C. newspaper D. volume button
10. I want to watch the cartoon _________ I turn on the TV.
A. but B. so C. although D. because
11. Jerry is a clever little mouse.
A. small B. special C. intelligent D. special
12. 'Let's learn' teaches children to study Maths. It's an __________ program.
A. live B. popular C. entertaining D. educational
13. _________ Mai and Lan are interested in listening to music.
A. because B. both C. neither D. so
14. The book is __________ the adventure of three close friends.
A. on B. from C. at D. about
15. They invite special _____________ to appear in the show.
A. character B. guests C. foxes D. audiences.
16. Millions of children _________ the world enjoys the show.
A. all B. in C. around C. over
17. The game show this week will test you general __________ about Amazon jungle.
A. schedule B. knowledge C. fact D. adventure
18. The program can both _________ and entertain young audiences.
A. educated B. education C. educational D. educate
19. The ___________ I like best is Xuan Bac.
A. comedy B. comedian C. fun D. funny
20. Where are the children? They __________ in the yard.
A. play B. are playing C. is playing D. plays
IV. Give the correct form of the word in bracket:
1. That's the ____________ thing I've ever heard. (fun)
2. He laughed at their _______________. (stupid)
3. This is a romantic _______________. (comedian)
4. Xuan Bac is a famous __________ in Vietnam. (comedy)
5. How much does it cost to _______________ a child privately? (educational)
6. Watching television can be very _____________. (educate)
7. The aim of the series is both to _____________ and inform. (entertain)
8. 'Friends' an _____________ film. (entertainment)
9. Dan Le is my favorite ______________. (weather)
10. The game show 'Who's a millionaire' is very ___________. (famous)
V. Give the correct form of the verb in bracket:
1. Look! The teacher (come)___________. She (have)__________ long black hair.
2. My father (drive)___________ me to school everyday,
3. Children shouldn't (buy)___________ firework at Tet Holiday.
4. Students must (go)____________ to school on time.
5. Where John (be)__________ ? He (read)___________ books in the library. He (go)_________ to the library twice a week.
VI. Read the passage and do the tasks below:
WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?
One of the most popular quiz programmes on television in the world is called Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? In Britain, the quiz master is Chris Tarrant. He asks the contestants fifteen questions. The first questions are easy but later they are more difficult. If you can answer the fourteenth question, you can win £500,000. You can win a million pounds if you can answer the last question. Of course, the last question is very difficult.
All the questions on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? are multiple-choice questions. After you hear the question, you see four answers. Only one answer is correct. You have to choose the correct answer. If you don't know the answer to a question, there are three ways you can get help: you can ask the quizmaster to take away two wrong answers: you can ask the studio audience which answer is right; or you can telephone a friend and ask for help. You can only do these things once. Very few people win the million pounds. The first person won a millon pounds one year after the programme started.
Today, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? can be seen in more than 100 countries and is now the world's most popular quiz programme.
a. Find the words in the text with these meanings.
1. A TV programme where people answer questions. .................
2. The person who ask the questions. .................
3. The people who try to answer the questions. .................
4. The people who watch the programme in the studio. .................
b. Answer the questions.
1. Who is the quizmaster in Britain? 4.How many ways can you get help?
2. How many questions do you have to answer? 5. In how many countries can you watch the quiz show?
3. How much do you win for the fourteenth question?
VII. Fill in each blank with one suitable word:
There (1) _________ a lot of cable television channel today. People also produce numerous interesting program to entertain people. The (2)___________ program tells us what is happening around the world. The (3)_________ makes us laugh and relax after long working hours. The (4)__________ has cute character. Some program can (5)_________ educate and entertain young children such as 'Let's Learn (6)_________ VTV2. My (7)________ program is the game show 'Who's a millionaire?'. My favorite (8)________ is Xuan Bac. He is very (9)_________.
VIII. Make questions for the underlined part:
1. There are 40 students in my classroom.
2. My brother is studying in his bedroom.
3. My family usually goes to Da Lat on summer vacation.
4. Her children often go to the club by bike.
5. My favorite singer is David Archuleta.
6. The show lasts two hours and a half.
IX. Rewrite the sentences:
1. There are a lot of interesting programs on VTV 3
→ VTV 3
2. My class has 34 students.
3. My favorite cartoon on TV is 'Tom and Jerry'
→ I like
4. I enjoy watching TV. (interested)
5. Duong is better than anyone in the class.
→ Duong is the
6. Minh is taller than Huong. (as)
→ Huong is
Chuyện học và chơi tưởng như đối nghịch nhau nhưng thực ra luôn song hành cùng tuổi trẻ. Để không bị căng thẳng trong học tập, các bạn nên cân bằng giữa chơi và học để có tinh thần thoải mái nhất trước khi bước vào bài học tiếp theo. Mời các bạn cùng làm các bài trắc nghiệm online vui sau: