Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 10: Recycling có đáp án - Số 1
UNIT 10: RECYCLING - TEST 1
Để ôn tập, củng cố tốt cho Unit 10 của chương trình tiếng Anh lớp 8, các em hãy tham khảo ngay Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 10: Recycling có đáp án - Số 1 trên VnDoc.com. Chỉ với thao tác download đơn giản là các em đã có ngay những bài tập tiếng Anh hay, chất lượng, giúp bổ trợ kiến thức cho đơn vị bài học này.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounceddifferently from the others.
1. a. mash b. scatter c. package d. metal
2. a. mesh b. press c. melt d. refill
3. a. those b. clothes c. shopping d. envelope
4. a. down b. throw c. nowadays d. how
5. a. fields b. plants c. trees d. newspapers
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. Every few weeks new satellites_____into orbit.
a. are put b. is put c. are putted d. is putted
7. I ought to give up smoking.
a. should b. could c. may d. am going to
8. Try to____amount of fat in your diet.
a. reuse b. refill c. reduce d. recycle
9. It is_____ to park in the center of Newtown.
a. impossible b. impossibility c. impossibilities d. impossibly
10. I am delighted_____you passed your exam.
a. that b. to c. in order to d. so that
11. We will begin_____ a brief discussion of the problems.
a. from b. with c. at d. on
12. Tree leaves____to wrap things.
a. should used b. should be used c. should been used d. should be use
13. _____is a wonderful natural fertilizer.
a. Compost b. Plastic c. Envelope d. Garbage
14. Glass is broken up, melted and made into new______.
a. silverware b. hardware c. ironware d. glassware
15.Is the rubbish______ every day?
a. collect b. collecting c. collected d. be collected
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Don't use disposable products. In a single year, people (21)____the - United States use enough disposable diapers (22)_____to the moon and back seven times. If you (23)____disposable products, use products made from (24)_____ materials. Also, recycle whenever possible. Recycling on aluminum can saves (25)_____energy to run a TV (26)_____three hours.
disposable (adj) dùng một lần diaper (n) tã lót
aluminum (n) nhôm
21. a. in b. at c. on d. from
22. a. reach b. reaching c. to reach d. for reaching
23. a. have b. use c. sell d. hold
24. a. recycle b. recycles c. recycling d. recycled
25. a. enough b. too c. very d. much
26. a. on b. at c. of d. for
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
You can recycle many types of glass. Glass food and beverage containers can be reused and recycled many times. (In fact, only bulbs, ceramic glass, dishes, and window glass can't be recycled.)
Glass is made from soda ash, sand, and lime. If it's thrown away, it stays there indefinitely because glass never breaks down into its original ingredients. To be recycled, glass is sorted by color, crushed into small pieces, and melted down into a liquid. Then, it is molded into new glass containers.
lime (n) vôi indefinitely (adv) vĩnh viễn sort (v) phân loại
27. Which of the following can be recycled?
a. glass food and beverage containers b. bulbs
c. ceramic glass d. dishes and window glass
28. What does the word 'reuse' in line 2 mean?
a. use something again b. use all of something
c. throw something away d. not buying things which are overpackaged
29. Glass _______.
a. is made from soda ash, sand, and lime
b. stays there indefinitely if it's thrown away
c. never breaks down into its original ingredients
d. all are correct
30. What does the word 'its' in line 5 refer to?
a. glass b. soda ash c. sand d. lime
31. When people recycle glass, they_______.
a. sort it by color and crush it into small pieces
b. melt it into a liquid
c. mould it into containers
d. all are correct
ĐÁP ÁN bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 10
I 1d 2d 3c 4b 5b
II. 6b 7a 8c 9a 10a 11b 12b 13a 14d 15c
III. 16b 17a 18c 19c 20d
IV. 21a 22c 23b 24d 25a 26d
V. 27a 28a 29d 30a 31d