Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS có đáp án (1)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 trắc nghiệm về Unit 13: Festivals được giới thiệu trên VnDoc.com là một trong những BST chất lượng, hoàn toàn miễn phí cho các em học sinh. Các em hãy nhanh download về và luyện tập ngay với các bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 này.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. festival b. man c. fat d. grand
2. a. carol b. export c. patron d. custom
3. a. upset b. custom c. return d. unsuitable
4. a. saint b. tailor c. explain d. said
5. a. beach b. catch c. church d. Christmas
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. Presents______ in colored paper and put under the Christmas tree.
a. are wrapped b. are wrap c. are wraped d. are wrapping
7. Tom likes_____. He spends lots of hours watching the birds.
a. bird-watching b. bird-watch c. watch-bird d. watching-bird
8. Greg______ me that he liked rock music.
a. said to b. told to c. asked d. explained
9. Sally is quite keen _____the idea.
A. in b. on c. of d. for
10. Milk_____ cows and goats.
a. belongs to b.comes from c. is made of d. is made from
11. _____ is a religious song that people sing at Christmas.
a. Carol b. Poem c. Christmas card d. Patron saint
12. Galileo said that the earth_____ round.
a. is b. were c. has been d. was being
13. They recently returned_____ Paris from London.
a. to b. for c. towards d. Ø
14. Could you talk____?
a. more quiet b. quieter c. quietlier d. more quietly
15. I thanked my classmate _____ helping me with my homework.
a. for b. about c. of d. 0
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Harvest Festival is (21)_____ October. It is a very ancient (22) _____ but it is also part of the Christian tradition. It (23) _____ new crops and food. Children often bring fruit, vegetables and cereals into school. Schools usually give the food to hospitals or (24) _____ old people. (25) _____ the past, people sometimes (26) _____ traditional dolls out of corn.
21. a. in b. at c. on d. from
22. a. thing b. festival c. vacation d. holiday
23. a. gives b. supplies c. celebrates d. holds
24. a. for b. to c. about d. of
25. a. In b. At c. On d. Since
26. a. make b. made c. making d. are making
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Hi! I'm Dean. I'm from England. My favorite time of the year is Christmas, which is on 25 December. That's when Christians celebrate the birth of Christ. In the middle of December we send a lot of cards to our friends and family, here and abroad. Then we get a big tree and decorate it with lights and other things. On Christma Day, we give each other presents. We have one enormous meal with turkey, and after that, we have Christmas pudding.
27. When is Christmas held?
a. On 25 December b. In the middle of December
c. In the middle of the year d. no information
28. Christmas is held because Christians want to_____.
a. have a good time b. celebrate the birth of Christ
c. visit their friends and family d. decorate big trees
29. What does the word 'decorate' in line 5 mean?
a. make something look nicer b. paint something
c. make something look worse d. buy something
30. On Christmas Day, people_____.
a. give each other presents b. have an enormous meal with turkey
c. have Christmas pudding d. all are correct
31. Which of the following is not true?
a. Dean is English.
b. At Christmas, people get big trees and decorate it.
c. Dean prefers Halloween to Christmas.
d. In the middle of December, people send a lot of Christmas cards to their friends and family.
I. 1a 2b 3c 4d 5d
II. 6a 7a 8a 9b 10b 11a 12a 13a 14d 15a
III. 16c 17c 18b 19c 20d
IV. 21a 22b 23c 24b 25a 26b
V. 27a 28b 29a 30d 31c