Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS có đáp án (2)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS TEST 2
Nhằm giúp quý thầy cô giáo có thêm tài liệu để giảng dạy, các em học sinh có thêm tài liệu hay để tham khảo, VnDoc.com đã sưu tầm và tổng hợp thành bộ sưu tập Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS có đáp án (2). Các tài liệu trong bộ sưu tập này sẽ giúp các em học sinh nắm được từ vựng và ngữ pháp đã được học trong Unit 13 tiếng Anh lớp 8.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. base b. ancient c. decorate d. final
2. a. invite b. prize c. design d. activity
3. a. pottery b. professor c. position d. tailor
4. a. teammate b. spread c. leader d. please
5. a. plumber b. rub c. bamboo d. unsuitable
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. Halloween is the night of 31 October, when people once believed that ghosts______ .
a. can see b. can be seen c. could see d. could be seen
7. She____ me she didn't know what to do.
a. said b. told c. asked d. suggested
8. Anita is fond_____ playing the piano.
a. in b. on c. of d. for
9. The fire is made____ matches or lighters. It is made in the tradi tional way.
a. with b. without c. of d. by
10. She seems very_____ today.
a. sleepy b. sleepily c. happily d. seriously
11. Ten countries participated in the discussions.
a. took part in b. held c. went to d. arranged
12. I phoned Lynn but she was out.
a. not at home or not in the place where somebody works
b. go on holiday
c. travel abroad
d. not on the phone
13. _____ is a saint regarded as protecting a particular person or place.
a. Patron saint b. Blessed saint c. Holy saint d. Fairy godmother
14. The _____ festival was held in the communal house yard.
a. rice-cook b. rice-cooker c. rice-cooking d. rice-cooked
15. I____ that I didn't know what to do.
a. said b. told c. asked d. suggested
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
In most cultures, people (21)____ the new year (22)_____January 1. (23) _____, in some cultures, the new year begins on a different date. (24) _____, the Chinese new year is in (25) ____ January or early February, the Jewish new year is in September or October, and the Islamic new year is usually (26) _____ May.
21. a. have b. arrange c. prepare d. celebrate
22. a. in b. at c. on d. of
23. a. And b. However c. Although d. Because
24. a. For example b. Besides c. But d. However
25. a. late b. lately c. later d. latest
26. a. in b. at c. on d. of
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Hi! My name's Veena, and I live in India. I'm a Hindu. My favorite festival is Diwali, which takes place in September: A 'diwa' is a little lamp and we light hundreds of them in our homes and streets. This festival is a time when we pray for wealth and happiness in the future. We usually buy new clothes and give each other presents. We also send Diwali cards and eat special spicy food and sweets.
27. The passage is written about _____.
a. Diwali b. a little lamp c. the Indian d. all are correct
28. What is Diwali?
a. A festival b. An event c. A contest d. A prize
29. How long does Diwali last?
a. Two days b. A month
c. Eight days d. no information
30. How many little lamps are there?
a One hundred b. Two hundred
c. Hundreds d. no information
31. What do they do at Diwali?
a. They buy new clothes and give each other presents.
b. They send Diwali cards and eat special spicy food and sweets.
c. They drink a lot of wine.
d. a & b are correct
Đáp án Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS
I. 1d 2d 3a 4b 5a
II. 6d 7b 8c 9b 10a 11a 12a 13a 14c 15a
III. 16a 17a 18d 19c 20a
IV. 21d 22c 23b 24a 25a 26a
V. 27a 28a 29d 30c 31d