Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 2: Making Arrangements Số 3
UNIT 2: MAKING ARRANGEMENTS - TEST 3
Bài tập tiếng Anh nâng cao lớp 8 cung cấp thêm cho các em các bài tập để rèn luyện nâng cao kỹ năng cũng như giúp các em sắp thi học sinh giỏi các bài tập tham khảo để luyện tập. Bài tập được chia thành các mục với các kỹ năng khác nhau giúp các em có thể dễ dàng lựa chọn kỹ năng mình cần tập trung luyện tập. Tất cả các bài tập đều có đáp án.
I. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. a message
2. a. countless
3. a. invention
4. a. exhibition
5. a. orphanage
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. Mary, you _____ the exam if you don't work more.
a. will fail b. are failing c. Fail d. failed
7. I thought I heard a noise_______.
a. upstair b. upstairs c. Ø d. b & c
8. I'll ask my personal ______ to deal with this.
a. assist b. assistant c. assistance d. assisting
9. Look! The baby______ going to eat the dog's food!
a. is b. was c. are d. were
10. Don't come in. Please wait______ for a few minutes.
a. inside b. outside c. insides d. outsides
11. I'll come _____ to pick her up.
a. in b. on c. over d. up
12. There are many ways______doing it.
a. of b. for c. to d. about
13. They found some electrical _______ in the room.
a. devices b. device c. advices d. advice
14. The school decided to try an ________ in language teaching.
a. experimented b. experiment c. experiments d. experimental
15. I tried to phone him countless times but he wasn't there.
a. few b. little c. much d. many
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
16. Sophie is going to leave at 9.00, because she have to go home.
A B C D
17. He left school and disappeared two weeks late.
A B C D
18. The scientists plan to introduction their invention next month.
A B C D
19. Ian is not going to buy a big house yesterday.
A B C D
20. He was born in Oxford, or somewhere near to here.
A B C D
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I would like (21) _____ a single room at your hotel for the nights of 12, 13 and 14 April. Could I possibly have a (22) _____ room with a bath? I understand you have a restaurant. Could you (23) _____ me what time the (24) ____closes?
Please let (25) _____ know if you (26) ____ a deposit or a credit card number.
Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.
book (v) :đặt chỗ
deposit (n) : tiền đặt cọc
credit card number (n) : số thẻ tín dụng
21. a. book
c. to book
d. to booking
22. a. quiet
d. a & c
23. a. talk
24. a. hotel
25. a. I
26. a. needs
b. need to
c. are needing
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Alexander Graham Bell was born in 1847 in Edinburgh, Scotland. His father was an expert in phonetics, the study of the sounds of languages. As a boy, Bell became interested in sounds and speech.
In 1870 the Bells decided to emigrate to America. They lived in Boston, where Alexander taught in a school for the deaf. There he began experimenting with a machine to help the deaf hear. While experimenting with this machine, Bell had an idea. Why not use electricity to send the human voice from one place to another? Bell began work on a new invention.
expert (n): chuyên gia
27. When was Alexander G. Bell born?
a. In 1847 b. In 1870 c.In 1870s d.no information
28. He went to live _______ .
a. in Scotland b. in America c. in Boston d. b & c are correct
29. What does the word 'emigrate' in line 4 mean?
a. leave somebody's country to live in another country
b. to go to a place for a short time
c. travel a long way from home to work every day
d. get away from something dangerous
30. What does the word 'they' in line 4 refer to?
a. sounds b. the Bells c. the American d.the deaf.
31. Which of the following is not true?
a. Bell's father was an expert in phonetics.
b. Bell became interested in sounds and speech since he was a boy.
c. Bell learned in a school for the deaf.
d. He experimented a machine to help the deaf hear.
TEST 3 - KEY
I. 1d 2c 3d 4d 5a
II. 6a 7d 8b 9b 10b 11c 12a 13a 14b 15d
III. 16d 17d 18b 19d 20d
IV. 21c 22d 23d 24b 25b 26d
V. 27a 28d 29a 30b 31c