Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3: At home có đáp án (số 5)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3: At home có đáp án (số 5) với các dạng bài tập Anh văn lớp 8 hay, bao gồm bài tập Anh văn lớp 8 cơ bản và bài tập Anh văn lớp 8 nâng cao được giới thiệu sau đây, các em sẽ có thêm nhiều tài liệu hữu ích, giúp ôn tập học tốt môn tiếng Anh.
I. Choose the word whose the underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. pan B. match C. lamp D. save
2. A. cover B. folder C. here D. answer
3. A. injure B. knife C. kill D. sink
4. A. steamer B. reach C. breakfast D. bead
5. A. reach B. such C. chemical D. chore
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below.
6. She felt and hurt___________ badly yesterday afternoon.
A. her B. herself C. himself D. myself
7. They are old enough to look after ___________ when their parents are out.
A. theyseif B. theyselves C. themselves D. themself
8. They ___________ talk loudly in the library.
A. mustn’t B. don’t have to C. shouldn’t to D. needn’t to
9. He ___________ wear a suit to work, but he usually does.
A. doesn’t have to B. mustn’t C. have to D. must
10. ___________ don’t you ask Kate to go with you?
A. When B. Why C. What D. Who
11. I asked Sara ___________ me to the station.
A. drive B. drives C. to drive D. driving
12. Her parents won’t let her___________ at night.
A. go out B. goes out C. to go out D. going out
13. It takes us a long time ___________ a foreign language.
A. learn B. to learn C. learning D. learns
14. From the tower, they looked down on the city___________.
A. above B. beneath C. over D. next
15. Our lives depend on ___________.
A. electric B. electricity C. electrically D. electrical
16. Jenny looked at___________ in the mirror.
A. he B. herself C. himelf D. hisself
17. ___________ is a thing that you use in a kitchen for cooking food.
A. Cooker B. Cook C. Refrigerator D. Counter
18. You ___________ write on the walls. It’s dirty to do like this.
A. have to B. must C. don’t have to D. must not
19. You___________ come to my party next week; I’d really like you to be there.
A. must B. have to not C. don’t have to D. must not
20. He was angry with me___________ I was late.
A. so B. because C. so that D. although
21. I phoned to make sure the train ___________.
A. arrive B. to arrive C. arriving D. arrived
22. Speak louder ___________ everybody can hear you more clearly.
A. because B. so that C. as D. to
23. She wore a hat to ___________ the sun out of her eyes.
A. make B. let C. get D. keep
24. He fell off his bicycle and injured himself.
A. hurt B. destroyed C. cut D. pained
25. The___________ put too much salt in the food.
A. cook B. cooker C. stove D. oven
Choose the underlined part that needs correction.
26. I usually go to work with (A) a friend, but (B) yesterday I drove to work by himself (C) because he was (D) ill.
27. Alex doesn’t have to (A) take his (B) medicine yesterday because (C) he was better (D).
28. It is (A) not safe leaving (B) small objects (C) around the (D) house.
29. Please try being (A) quiet when (B) you come home (C) because everyone will be (D) asleep.
30. He said (A) that my (B) sister was a good (C) cooker (D).
Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
I’m a student (31)_____ Bristol University. I share a house with three other students. It’s quite a big house. We all have our own (32)_____ . There (33)_____ a bed, a desk, a chair, and a wardrobe in the room. It has a washbasin and a mirror in the corner, too. We all share the kitchen, the living room, and the bathroom. We sometimes have arguments about things, like when someone spends too long (34)_____ the bathroom, but we have a lot of fun, (35)_______.
31. A. in B. at C. on D. inside
32. A. rooms B. flats C. houses D. apartments
33. A. has B. have C. is D. are
34. A. on B. in C. at D. over
35. A. too B. either C. neither D. a & b
Read the following passage and choose the best answers to each of the questions below.
I live in a house near the sea. It’s an old house, about 100 years old, and it’s very small. There are two bedrooms upstairs but no bathroom. The bathroom is downstairs next to the kitchen and there’s a living room where there is a lovely old fireplace. There’s a garden in front of the house. The garden goes down to the beach and in spring and summer there are flowers everywhere. So, I have a lot of visitors. My city friends often stay with me. I love my house for many reasons: the garden, the flowers in summer, the fire in winter, but the best thing is the view from my bedroom window.
36. Where does the author live?
A. near the sea B. in the country C. in the city D. A & B
37. How many rooms are there in his/ her house?
A. two B. three C. four D. five
38. There’s a garden ___________ the house.
A. in front of B. behind C. beside D. beneath
39. The author loves the house because of ___________.
A. the garden B. the flowers in summer
C. the fire in winter D. all are correct
40. What does the author like best?
A. the lovely old fireplace B. the garden
C. the flowers in spring and summer D. the viewfrom his/ her bedroom window.