Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3 Số 1
UNIT 3: AT HOME - TEST 1
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3 Số 1 có đáp án được VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải là tài liệu ôn thi Tiếng Anh hữu ích, giúp các bạn luyện tập và củng cố kiến thức Tiếng Anh trong chương trình phổ thông lớp 8 hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em vào tham khảo.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. pan b. match c. lamp d. save
2. a. cover b. folder c. send d. answer
3. a. injure b. knife c. kill d. sink
4. a. steamer b. reach c. breakfast d. bead
5. a. reach b. such c. chemical d. chore
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. She felt and hurt_______.
a. her b. herself c. himself d. myself
7. They bought ______ a new car.
a. theyseif b. theyselves c. themselves d.themself
8. They _____ talk in the library.
a. mustn't b. don't have to c. shouldn't to d.needn't to
9. He ______ wear a suit to work but he usually does.
a. doesn't have to b. mustn't c. have to d.must
10. _____ not ask Kate to go with you?
a. When b. Why c. What d. Who
11. I asked Sara ______ me to the station.
a. drive b. drives c. to drive d.driving
12. Her parents won't let her_______ with her friends.
a. go out b. goes out c. to go out d.going out
13. It takes a long time ______ a language.
a. learn b. to learn c.learning d.learns
14. From the tower, they looked down on the city________ .
a. above b. beneath c.over d.next
15. Our lives depend on _____ .
a. electric b. electricity c.electrically d.electrical
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
16. I usually go to work with a friend, but yesterday I drove to work by himself because he was ill. A B C D
17. Alex doesn't have to take his medicine yesterday because he was better. A B C D
18. It is not safe leaving small objects around the house. A B C D
19. Please try being quiet when you come home because everyone will be asleep. A B C D
20. He said that my sister is a good cooker. A B C D
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
I'm a student (21) _____ Bristol University. I share a house with three other students. It's quite a (22) _____ house. We all have our own (23)_____ There (24) _______ a bed, a desk, a chair, and a wardrobe in the room. It has a washbasin and a mirror in the corner, too. We all share the kitchen, the living room, and the bathroom. We sometimes have arguments about things, like when someone spends too long (25)______ the bathroom, but we have a lot of fun, (26)_______ .
21. a. in
22. a. tall
23. a. rooms
24. a. has
25. a. on
26. a. too
d. a & b
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
I live in a house near the sea. It's an old house, about 100 years old, and it's very small. There are two bedrooms upstairs but no bathroom. The bathroom is downstairs next to the kitchen and there's a living room where there is a lovely old fireplace. There's a garden in front of the house. The garden goes down to the beach and in spring and summer there are flowers everywhere. So, I have a lot of visitors. My city friends often stay with me.
I love my house for many reasons: the garden, the flowers in summer, the fire in winter, but the best thing is the view from my bedroom window.
27. Where does the author live?
a. near the sea b. in the country c. in the city d. a & b
28. How many rooms are there in his/ her house?
a. two b. three c. four d. five
29. There's a garden _____ the house.
a. before b. behind c. beside d. beneath
30. The author loves the house because of _____
a. the garden b. the flowers in summer
c. the fire in winter d. all are correct
31. What does the author like best?
a. the lovely old fireplace b. the garden
c. the flowers in spring and summer d. the viewfrom his/ her bedroom window.
Đáp án UNIT 3: AT HOME - TEST 1
I. 1d 2c 3b 4c 5c
II. 6b 7c 8a 9a 10b 11c 12a 13b 14b 15b
III. l6c 17a 18b 19a 20d
IV. 21b 22b 23a 24c 25b 26a
V. 27d 28d 29a 30d 31d