Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3 Số 2
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3 - TEST 2
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3 Số 2 có đáp án được VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải là tài liệu ôn thi Tiếng Anh hữu ích, giúp các bạn luyện tập và củng cố kiến thức Tiếng Anh trong chương trình phổ thông lớp 8 hiệu quả. Mời các bạn làm bài.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. candy b. match c. rack d. wardrobe
2. a. object b. socket c. household d. opposite
3. a. safety b. electricity c. myself d. anything
4. a. cupboards b. boat c. soap d. road
5. a. knife b. socket c. desk d. bookshelf
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. Paul looked at_______ in the mirror.
a. he b. herself c. himelf d. hisself
7._______ is a thing that you use in a kitchen for cooking food.
a. Cooker b. Cook c. Refrigerator d. Counter
8. You _____ write on the walls.
a. have to b. must c .don't have to d.must not
9. You______ come to my party next week; I'd really like you to be there.
a. must b. have to c.don't have to d.must not
10. He was angry_____ I was late.
a. so b. because c. so that d. although
11. I phone to make sure the train _____.
a. arrive b. to arrive c. arriving d. arrived
12. Speak louder _____ everybody can hear you.
a. because b. so that c. as d. to
13. She wore a hat to _____ the sun out of her eyes.
a. make b. let c. get d. keep
14. He fell off his bicycle and injured himself.
a. hurt b. destroyed c. cut d. pained
15. She had to stay in hospital overnight, just as a (n) _____.
a. arrangement b. preparation c. agreement d. precaution
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
16. I must do all the shopping yesterday because the shops are closed today.
A B C D
17. She arrange her desk so that she could reach everything easily.
A B C D
18. I couldn't move the piano alone, so I asked Tom give me a hand.
A B C D
19. Are you going to let me eating that last piece of blueberry pie?
A B C D
29. Angela must cook a lot of food yesterday because they had a party.
A B C D
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
We don't live (21)______ a house or a flat. We live on houseboat. The boat (22) _____ small, but it's quite big inside. Apart from the bathroom, it has only one room, so we (23) _____ do everything there_ eat, cook, sleep and watch TV. We usually keep our houseboat at Little Venice (24)______ London. We're almost in the center of the city there. That's great for clubs, pubs, the theatre, and so on. But the (25) _____ thing about a houseboat is that you can move and take your home (26) ______ you.
21. a. in b. at c. on d. inside
22. a. is b. was c. looks d. looked
23. a. should b. have to c. need d. could
24. a. in b. at c. on d. of
25. a. best b. most c. worse d. fastest
26. a. for b. to c. with d. of
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
This large flat is on the top floor of a five-story modern block of flats in a quiet part of the country. There are two schools, a restaurant, and several shops nearby. Wetton Station is only a few hundred meters away. The flat has got a large living-room, a dining-room, a modern kitchen, a large bedroom and two small bedrooms. There is a bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. The flat has also got a small storeroom, and there is a large verandah. The price is £44,590, including carpets.
five-story (adj): năm tầng
verandah (n): hiên, hành lang
27. The flat is on the _____ floor of a modern block of flats.
a. third b. second c. fifth d. sixth
28. The flat has ______ rooms altogether.
a. 6 b. 7 c. 8 d. 9
29. Is there a railway station near the flat?
a. Yes. There are two railway stations near the flat.
b. Yes. There is a railway station near the flat.
c. No. There isn't any railway station near the flat.
d. no information
30. What does the authortry to do?
a. He tries to buy a large flat. b. He tries to sell a large flat.
c. He tries to rent a large flat. d. He tries to find a large flat.
31. Which of the following is not true?
a. There are two schools near the flat.
b. The modern block of flats has five floors.
c. The flat is beautiful but the neighborhood is noisy.
d. The flat has a large verandah.
Đáp án Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 3 - Test 2
I. 1d 2c 3c 4a 5a
II. 6c 7a 8d 9a 10b 11d 12b 13d 14a 15d
III. 16a 17a 18d 19b 20a
IV. 21a 22c 23b 24a 25a 26c
V. 27c 28c 29b 30b 31c