Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4: Our Past Số 4 có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4: Our Past Số 4
VnDoc.com đã chọn lọc và tổng hợp nhiều bài tập phù hợp trình độ học sinh, giúp các em vừa ôn tập, hệ thống lại kiến thức môn học, vừa tích lũy kinh nghiệm, kỹ năng cần thiết để giải các dạng bài tập. Tin rằng, khi chuyên cần luyện giải các bài tập này, các em sẽ ngày càng tiến bộ trong môn học, thêm tự tin để bước vào các kỳ kiểm tra, thi.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. graze b. past c. tale d. name
2. a. folder b. cover c. mobile d. wardrobe
3. a. drug b. cupboard c. sure d. destruction
4. a. brought b. course c. sound d. ought
5. a. school b. chore c. kitchen d. choose
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. Mark_____ long hair when he was a teenager.
a. has b. have c. had d. was having
7. Many people wear new clothes____Easter Sunday too.
a. in b. at c. on d. when
8. I found it on a_____ table.
a. near b. nearly c. nearby d. nearside
9. The bus service is free in the evenings and______ weekends.
a. in b. at c. on d. b & c
10. There _____ so much violence.
a. wasn't use to b. weren't use to being
c. used not to be d. used not to being
11. He decided_____ what would happen.
a. to stay and see b. staying and seeing
c. to stay and seeing d. staying and see
12. Flowers and candies are popular gifts ______ Valentine's Day.
a. in b. at c. on d. when
13. I went to every bookshop, but______ of them had the book I wanted.
a. none b. no c. some d. anything
14. I did some stupid things when I was young and______.
a. fool b. foolish c. foolishly d. foolery
15. Ann_____ downstairs and hurt her back.
a. fall b. fell c. fallen d. felt
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
16. Late at Christmas Eve, Santa comes down the chimney and puts presents under the tree. A B C D
17. My sister uses to play tennis a lot but she doesn't play very often now. A B C D
18. She ate all the chocolates - there are no in the box. A B C D
19. The company is losting money all the time. A B C D
20. He was terribly exciting about his holiday. A B C D
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
(21)_____ a beautiful princess had a golden ball. Unfortunately, one day she (22) _____ her ball into the water. She was unhappy and started (23)_____. Suddenly a green frog appeared and offered to help her if she let him live with her in the palace. The (24) _____ agreed.
(25) — the frog gave her the ball. She took the ball and forgot all about the frog.
The frog was angry and (26)______ his story to the King. The King asked his daughter to take the frog to her room and look (27) ______ him carefully. The princess cried again, but she took the frog and put him on her bed. The frog asked her to kiss him, so she did. (28)______ , the frog turned into a handsome prince. Of course, he and the princess fell in love. And they lived happily ever after.
21. a. One b. Once c. Two d. Twice
22. a. drops b. droped c. dropped d. is dropping
23. a. cry b. crying c. to cry d. b&c
24. a. girl b. princess c. frog d. a&b
25. a. So b. But c. However d. For example
26. a. asked b. told c. said d. spoke
27. a. for b. at c. after d. all are correct
28. a. Lately b. Recently c. Hardly d. Immediately
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Once upon a time, there is a girl called Little Red Riding Hood, because of the red hood she always wears. The girl walks through the woods to give her grandmother some food. A wolf wants to eat the girl but is afraid to do so in public (sometimes there are woodcutters watching). So, he suggests the girl to pick some flowers, which she does. After that, he goes to the grandmother's house. He eats the grandmother, and waits for the girl, disguised as the grandmother. When the girl arrives, he eats her too. A woodcutter, however, comes to the house and cuts the wolf open. Little Red Riding Hood and her grandmother come out unharmed.
hood (n): mũ trùm đầu woodcutter (n): tiều phu
disguise (v): cải trang
29. Why is the girl called Little Red Riding Hood?
a. Because she likes red. b. Because she always wears a red hood.
c. Because she is little. d. no information
30. What does the phrase "in public" in line 4 mean?
a. in the woods b. when other people are there
c. immediately d. soon
31. What does the word "he" in line 5 refer to?
a. the woodcutter b. the wolf
c. the girl's grandfather d. no information
32. Little Red Riding Hood ______.
a. walks through the woods b. wants to give her grandmother some food
c. picks some flowers d. all are correct
33. Which of the following is not true?
a. Sometimes, there are woodcutters in the wood.
b. The wolf gives Little Red Riding Hood some flowers.
c. A woodcutter saves the girl and her grandmother.
d. The girl and her grandmother are not dead.
Đáp án Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4
I. lb 2b 3c 4c 5a
II. 6c 7c 8c 9d 10c 11a 12c 13a 14b 15b
III. 16a 17a 18c 19b 20b
IV. 21b 22c 23d 24d 25a 26b 27c 28d
V. 29b 30b 31b 32d 33b