Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 11 Changing Roles In Society
English 9 Unit 11 Changing Roles In Society
Đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới Unit 11 nằm trong bộ đề bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit năm học 2018 - 2019 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề luyện tập Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp học sinh lớp 9 ôn tập kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
1. Find the word which has a different sound in the part underline. Read the words aloud.
1. A exist
2. A saved
3. A necessarily
4. A double
2. Find the word which has a different position of the main stress in each line.
1. A imaginary
2. A lotion
3. A mysterious
4. A enjoyable
5. A. complete
B. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR
1. Give the right forms of the words to complete the passage.
There are also women involved in business. They have proven to rule the business world and an empire with ripple effects. Some venture into cottage industries like making handicrafts and cookies while there are others who are to lead an empire in business industry, marketing and insurance. These women have the potential, (1.qualify) ____________ and expertise to mark a change in their lives. With the influence of the mass media and Western values, women are becoming very bold, brave, (2. adventure) ____________, capable and responsible. As such, men are now able to accept (3. woman) _____________ into the workforce and take them as their equals.
In the sports arena, women are bold to take a stance to show their physical ability. This is unlike the past where women were supposed to be behind the doors and in the confinement of their homes. With women’s liberation and the advancement in science and technology, women have shown (4. They) _________
To be sports enthusiasts and performers, we have people like Shalin Zulkifili and Nurul Huda Abdullah who have excelled in the area of bowling and swimming proving themselves that they can also be as good as our male counterparts. They are good role models and from their bold involvements, more young girls are encouraged to participate in the field of sports. With this, a vast variety of facilities have been made available to women so that they can prove themselves to be physically fit to compete in the various (5. Compete) ____________. By involving themselves, women are also becoming confident, healthy and energetic. Yong girls who are actively involved in sports are less likely to be in drugs, social evils and know what they want in life. They have made the country proud of their great success.
2. Choose the correct option A,B,C, or D to complete the sentences.
1. At present, women ______________ by law.
A. is protected
B. are protected
2. My elder sister is ___________ English and Art.
A. good at
C. interested in
D. both A and C
3. She made a lot of mistakes because she was ___________ .
4. It’s high time you _____ to study harder since last year, you had a very bad result.
A. will start
C. to start
5. The safety committee’s report recommended that all medicines should be kept out of the ____________ of children.
6. Being busy with work of women is one of the reasons for delaying _____children.
B. to have
D . have had
7. After _________ for 3 hours, we stopped to let the other ________ with us.
A . walking/ catching
B . walk / catch up
C . walking/ to catch up
D . walking/ catch up
8. All children were __________ to become educated people.
A . grown up
B . kept up
C . brought up
D . help up
9. We realized our visit in their house was unwelcome by the ________ smile on the woman’s face.
A . artificial
B . fictional
C . simulating
D . forged
10. Your rude behaviourwas an _________ to the host and his wife. I don’t think they will ever invite us to their home again.
A . abuse
B . insult
C . outcry
D . aversion
C . READING
1. Choose the word or phrase (A,B,C, or D) that best fits each space in the following passage.
(1) ________history, women have always aimed for a recognized place in (2)________. Guided by their own (3) _______ of knowledge and expertise, women like Marie in Curie in science, Mary Wollstonecraft in literary writing, Simone de Beauvois in philosophical existentialist debate, and Marie Stops in medicine, to name a few, have brought about (4) _______ awareness of the role of women in any walks of life. These women have helped redefine and (5) ______ the nature of women’s place in society. Today the (6) _______ of global women’s organizations and the impact of women’s contributions (7) _______ society show that progress has been made and the progress in furthering the role of women in society has been some benefit to the (8) _______ women. It is true to say that not all women have the same need. The need of woman who stay at home and (9) _______ children will differ widely from the woman who works outside. Nonetheless, in the extensive field of equal opportunities, it would be good to know that access is given to both with equal measure according to the true value of respective abilities. It also would be good to know that woman at home is recognized as a valued (10) _______ of society just as much as the one who deals on business out side the home.
1 . A. Among
B . Throughout
C . During
D . Upon
2 . A. society
B . social
C . socialize
D . socialist
3 . A. region
B . farm
C . field
D . path
4 . A. a
B . an
C . the
D . x
5 . A. gain
B . encourage
C . force
D . consolidate
6 . A. right
B . belief
C . limit
D . spread
7 . A. on
B . for
C . to
D . at
8 . A. own
B . private
C . individual
D . personal
9 . A. rises
B . raises
C . increases
D . lift
10 . A. party
B . competitor
C . partner
D . member
2. Read the following passage and then answers the questions by choosing A,B,C, or D.
Most young couples have meals regularly in their parents’ home with little or no pay, and give their children to the care of old couples free pf charge.
Investigations have shown that parents of young couples don’t mind providing meals and caring for their children. However, this practice should not be come an accepted social custom. The old couples’ expense on food has already increased while young couples spend more on clothing and furnishing and less on food. If this trend continues, many young couples might take these privileges for granted and become more dependent. It is not right for young couples to make use of the old couples’ love, not only because our nation is well- known for its special respect paid to the elderly, but also because the young must become independent.
What young people should do is to become more considerate towards their old parents. After long year of hard working, they are worthy of such consideration.
1. Most married young couples ___________
A. live with their parents
B. have meals in their parent’s home from time to time
C. have not become independent completely
D. pay no respect to the elderly
2. The write thinks it is ____________ for old couples to provide meals or care for their married children.
A. wrong C. right
B. an accepted social custom D. understandable
3. According to the passage, young couples should __________
A. spend less on clothing or furnishing and more on food
B. look after their children themselves
C. be less demanding and more caring towards their old parents
D. pay for the meals they have in their parents’ home
4. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? _________
A. What troubles young people most is that no one will look after their children except their own parents.
B. The reason why young couples depend on their parents to different degrees is that their own parent.
C. Old couples should give money to their children instead of providing meals or caring for them.
D. It would be natural that if young couples went on depending on their old parents they would have to provide meals and care for their children when they get married.
5. This article is particularly written for _________
A. old couples C. young couples
B. both young and old couples D. young couples’ children
3. Read the following passage and then answer the questions by choosing A,B,C, or D.
Education is another area of social life in which information technology is changing the way we communicate. Today’s college students may not simply sit in a lecture or library to learn about their field. Through their computers and the wonders of virtual reality they can participate in lifelike simulated experiences and consider the following scenario of the future for education made possible through developments in information technology.
For children over the age of 10, daily attendance at schools is not compulsory.
Yet, some of the older children attend school only once or twice weekly to get tutorial support or instruction from a teacher. For the most part, pupils are encouraged to work online from home. Students must complete a minimum number of study hours per year; however, they may make up these hours by studying at home at times that suit their family schedule. They can log on early or late in the day and even join live classes in other countries. In order to ensure that each student is learning adequately, computer software will automatically monitor the number of hours a week each student studies online as well as that students’ learning materials and assessment activities. Reports will be available for parents and teacher. The software can then identify the best learning activities and condition for each individual student and generate similar activities. It can also identify areas of weak achievement and produce special programs adjusted to the students’ needs.
1. What is the topic of the passage?
A. Computer software will make sure students learn at home.
B. Students don’t have to go to school any more.
C. The effects of information technology on education.
D. Students can know about their weak aspects to focus.
2. How many times are children who are older than 10 required to go to school weekly?
A. No time. B. Once or twice. C. Three. D. four.
3. Who / what counts the number of hours per week that students spend learning?
A. Virtual reality. C. Computer software.
B. Teacher. D. Parents.
4. What CAN’T the software do?
A. Design materials for the students.
B. Monitor the time the students learn.
C. Find out the best activities for the students.
D. Identify weaknesses of the students.
5. What is NOT MENTIONED as a benefit of information technology to the students?
A. Students can stay at home to learn.
B. Students can learn at times that suit their schedule.
C. Students’ weak achievement can be identified.
D. Students’ learning time won’t be monitored.
1. Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentences written before it, using the suggestions provided.
1. They spent a lot of money on food and clothes. ( passive)
2. The restaurant serves seafood every Monday. (passive)
3. Mr. Smith said he was too busy to speak to me. I had come to see him. (relative clauses)
4. The garage is going to repair the car for us next week. (passive)
- We are going to _______________________________________________.
5. All John’s friend will see him off at the airport. ( passive)
- John ________________________________________________________.
2. Choose the best option A, B, C, or D which has closest meaning to the first one.
1. Most of the people recovered quickly. They were injured in the crash.
A. Most of the people who recovered quickly were injured in the crash.
B. The people who were injured in the crash, most of them recovered quickly.
C. Most of the people recovered quickly after the crash.
D. Most of the people who were injured in the crash recovered quickly.
2. My sister didn’t leave the car key, so I couldn’t pick her up at the airport.
A. If my sister had left the car key, I could pick her up at the airport.
B. If my sister had left the car key, I would have picked her up at the airport.
C. If my sister has left the car key, I would have picked her up at the airport.
D. If my sister left the car key, I would pick her up at the airport.
3. The last time I went to the museum was a year ago.
A. My going to the museum lasted a year.
B. A year ago, I often went to the museum.
C. At last I went to the museum after a year.
D. I have not been knowing him well. However, very few ordinary people have heard of him.
4. Most scientists know him well. However, very few ordinary people have heard of him.
A. Many ordinary people know him better than most scientists do.
B. He is the only scientist that is not known to the general public.
C. Not only scientists bit also the general public know him as a big game.
D. Although he is well known to scientists, he is little known to the general public.
5. I expect you were fully satisfied with the results by the end of the school year.
A. At the end of the school year you must have been quite happy.
B. You were fully satisfied when the school year came to an end.
C. By the end of the school year you must have been fully satisfied.
D. You are complete satisfied with results by the end of the school year.
Hiện tại VnDoc.com chưa cập nhật được đáp án, mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung bài tập tại đây: Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 11 Changing Roles In Society. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 cả năm khác nhau như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo và download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.