Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8: Celebrations
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8: Celebrations
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8: Celebrations sau đây tổng hợp các từ vựng và ngữ pháp theo từng bài học của chương trình học môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 nhằm giúp các em học sinh lớp 9 có thêm tài liệu tham khảo chuẩn bị tốt cho các kì thi môn Tiếng Anh Chúc các em ôn thi hiệu quả.
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. A. grow B. flow C. show D. crowd
2. A. homes B. cakes C. eggs D. parades
3. A. hurry B. hundred C. husband D. humour
4. A. charity B. character C. chapter D. channel
5. A. decorate B. describe C. declare D. decision
II. Choose the words that has a different stress pattern from the others.
1. A. nominate B. battery C. celebrate D. linguistics
2. A. pesticide B. material C. extensive D. pagoda
3. A. contents B. patient C. predict D. mature
4. A. consider B. tolerant C. tropical D. colorful
5. A. argument B. employee C. recognize D. difference
III. Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1. According to the weather _______, it will be raining tonight.
A. forecast B. forecaster C. forecasted D. forecasting
2. Hue will have temperatures _______ 230C and 270C.
A. at B. between C. in D. with
3. Where would you go if you_______ a car?
A. have B. has C. had D. having
4. There is too much traffic. _______, the air is polluted.
A. However B. Since C. Therefore D. But
5. She goes to the library three times a week. She _______ reads books there.
A. never B. often C. rarely D. once
6. If I _______ a bird, I would be a dove.
A. am B. is C. are D. were
7. The telephone was _______ by Alexander Bell.
A. invent B. invented C. to invent D. inventing
8. I want_______my English.
A. to improve B. improving C. improved D. improve
9. My grandparents have lived there_______ 1975.
A. in B. on C. since D. for
10. Mai speaks English_______ than you.
A. more fluent B. more fluently C. more fast D. more faster
11. Mr. Lam suggested that we_______ tonight.
A. worked late B. working late C. should work late D. would work late
12. She is the most intelligent woman_______ I’ve ever met.
A. whom B. who C. whose D. that
13. I recently went back to Paris, _______ I was born nearly 40 years ago.
A. which B. where C. that D. when
14. Mr. Jones is very rich. He _______ work hard for a living.
A. mustn’t B. shouldn’t C. can’t D. doesn’t have to
15. I have a pen pal in Singapore. We _______ each other at least once a month.
A. comprise B. divide C. consist of D. correspond with
16. You needn’t do that when the maid is here, _______?
A. do you B. need you C. is she D. isn’t she
17. He asked his son _______back as soon as possible.
A. comes B. to come C. came D. coming
18. Many tourists enjoy festivals in Vietnam_______ they don’t speak Vietnamese.
A. although B. when C. if D. because
19. That city_______by the fire in the 17th century.
A. is destroyed B. was destroyed
C. had been destroyed D. would be destroyed
20. Last night I was watching TV _______ the bell rang.
A. while B. then C. and D. when
21. Vietnam is a country_______ exports a lot of rice.
A. that B. where C. when D. which
22. I’m looking forward to _______ from you.
A. hear B. heard C. hearing D. be hear
23. Life in the city is different_______ life in the country.
A. to B. of C. from D. with
24. He woke up late, _______ he didn’t have time for breakfast.
A. if B. so C. because D. although
25. If my tooth doesn’t stop hurting, I’ll go and see my_______.
A. actor B. writer C. dentist D. butcher
26. He will have a meeting _______7 am to 10 am
A. at B. from C. in D. till
27. We must_______ this work on time.
A. finish B. to finish C. finishing D. to have finished
28. Dave is interested in protecting the environment, ____his sister takes no interest in it.
A. and B. so C. or D. but
29. Tet is a festival which gives us a chance to have family ________.
A. congratulations B. reunions C. relatives D. disappointments
30. “Is lunch ready yet?” - “________”
A. No problem. B. Ten minutes ago!
C. It’s been too long. D. In a few more minutes.
31. They have been teaching in this school ________quite a long time.
A. since B. for C. from D. in
32. The man _______all the lights when he entered the room.
A. switch on B. broke in C. cared about D. went on
33. The headmaster suggests _________a ‘green and clean week” in the school.
A. us to start B. starting C. we will start D. how to start
34. Stay here with us if you _________busy with your work.
A. will not be B. wouldn’t be C. are not D. never be
35. I need a guide book _____gives me information about tourist attractions in Vietnam.
A. there B. this C. that D. it
36. “Let’s have a pizza.” - “ __________”
A. You are right! B. Not again! C. It doesn’t matter! D. Not at all!
37. The village fair offers a __________of activities for all age groups and interests.
A. development B. length C. folder D. variety
38. We are so proud ________ her for telling the truth.
A. in B. with C. of D. at
39. On Easter Day, people crowd the streets to watch colorful _________.
A. shows B. parades C. contests D. programs
40. Last week we went to the show soon ________ the traffic was terrible.
A. although B. and C. because D. so
41. The men and animals _______ you saw on TV last night were from China.
A. who B. which C. where D. that
42. We think that the Mother’s Day should be celebrated _______.
A. nation B. national C. nationality D. national
43. His sense of humor distinguishes him from the others.
A. helps B. makes C. tells D. differs
44. They decided to go out _________ it rained hard.
A. and B. but C. even though D. so
45. He was nominated ________ the representative of his class.
A. for B. on C. of D. as
46. Passover is also an _________ spring festival.
A. ancient B. anxious C. official D. annual
47. Could you give me the reasons ________ the Father’s Day?
A. celebrate B. celebrating C. celebration D. celebrated
48. Peter _______opened the door of the cellar, wondering what he might find.
A. cautious B. cautiously C. cautional D. cautionally
49. That large dog is perfectly _______and has never been known to attack anyone.
A. harming B. unharmed C. harmless D. harmful
50. He kindly offered to _______ me the way to the station.
A. explain B. direct C. describe D. show
IV. Choose the phrase that best fit the sentence below
1. It’s a pity. I can’t play chess.
I wish ………….. .
A. I can play chess B. I could plays chess
C. I could play chess D. I can’t play chess
2. “Where does Mai live?”
He asked me ………………
A. where Mai live B. where does Mai live
C. where Mai lived D. where did Mai live
3. They are going to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary in Nha Trang.
Their 25th wedding anniversary ……………
A. are going to celebrate in Nha Trang B. is going to be celebrated in Nha Trang
C. are going to be celebrate in Nha Trang D. is going to be celebrate in Nha Trang
4. Lan doesn’t have enough time to do it well.
If Lan had more time, ……………
A. she would do it well B. she will do it well
C. she would do well D. she does it well
5. I want to buy him a T-shirt on his birthday but I haven’t got any money.
I’d buy him a T-shirt on his birthday …………….
A. if I had some money B. if I had enough money for
C. if I have enough money D. if I had enough money