Bài tập Tiếng Anh 12 unit 12: Water sports
Bài tập Tiếng Anh theo chủ đề Water sports được VnDoc.com đăng tải dưới đây giúp các bạn chủ động ôn tập Tiếng Anh tại nhà, các bạn cũng có thể in ra và làm bài tập cho thuận tiện. Kèm với đáp án, các bạn có thể check lại và từ đó có hướng ôn tập tốt nhất để nâng cao khả năng Tiếng Anh của mình.
Bài tập Tiếng Anh theo chủ đề Water sports
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. sprint b. line c. divide d. ride
2. a. swimming b. post c. decision d. score
3. a. style b. penalty c. pretty d. typical
4. a. pool b. good c. look d. book
5. a. foul b. house c. amount d. adventurous
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Where can people play _______ water polo?
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
7. No _______ water polo player except _______ goalie can hold the ball with both hands.
a. a / the b. the / Ø c. the / a d. Ø / the
8. The main task of a defender in a sport game is to _______ the opponents from scoring.
a. prevent b. preventing c. prevention d. preventable
9. Many young men prefer scuba-diving because it is _______.
adventure b. adventurous c. adventurously d. adventurist
10. I _______ think that scuba diving is more of danger than adventure.
a. person b. personal c. personally d. personalize
11. What kind of sport one chooses to play mostly depends _______ his preference and health.
a. with b. for c. in d. on
12. Most referees often wears _______ black.
a. in b. for c. with d. on
13. In water polo game, only the goalie can hold the ball _______ two hands.
a. at b. in c. with d. from
14. If the score is tied at the end of regulation play, two _______ periods of three minutes each are played.
a. half b. halftime c. quarter d. overtime
15. A water polo cap is used to ____ the players' heads and to identify them.
a. tie b. penalize c. protect d. move
16. lf a defender _______ with a free throw, holds or sinks an attacker, he is excluded from the game for twenty seconds
a. punches b. passes c. plays d. interferes
17. Water polo is a team water game, with six field players and one goalie in each team. The winner of the game is the team that scores more _____.
a. nets b. goals c. plays d. balls
18. As all field players are only allowed to touch the ball with one hand at a time, they must develop the ability to catch and _______ the ball with either hand.
a. throw b. point c. score d. Cross
19. _______ is the activity of swimming underwater using special breathing equipment.
a. Synchronized swimming b. Rowing
c. Water polo d. Scuba diving
20. When the offense takes possession of the ball, the strategy is to _______ the ball down the field of play and to score a goal.
a. create b. ride c. advance d. eject
21. The referee signals with a whistle and by lowering his arm, and the player taking the penalty _______ must immediately throw the ball with an uninterrupted motion toward the goal.
a. arm b. shot c. net d. goal
22. Some of the students began to fall asleep _______ the lecture was boring and irrelevant.
a. as b. due to c. because of d. on account of
23. Tommy joined the English Club _______ to increase his circle of friends.
a. because his desire b. because of his desire
c. because of he desired d. due to he desired..
24. _______, I do not consider this composition acceptable.
a. Because of so many errors
b. Because of there were so many errors
c. On account of there were so many errors
d. As so many errors
25. The prisoner was given a harsh sentence ______ the nature of his crime.
a. since b. as c. because d. due to
26. The burglar _______.
a. has been disappeared with the cash
b. disappeared the cash
c. disappeared with the cash
d. was disappeared with the cash
27. Ellen _______ and sang her song.
a. nodded to the audience b. nodded the audience
c. was nodding the audience d. was nodded to the audience
28. Our teacher _______ to take the exam.
a. gave another chance each of us
b. was given each of us by another chance
c. gave each of us another chance
d. was given each of us another chance
29. If Charlie _______, he could have been injured.
a. had been run the street b. had been run into the street
c. had run the street d. had run into the street
30. The turtle _______ of Arizona.
a. may be lived a small area b. may be lived in a small area
c. may live in a small area d. may live a small area
UNIT 12 : WATER SPORTS - ENGLISH 12
Video hướng dẫn học Tiếng Anh lớp 12 unit 12 Water sport giúp bạn có cái nhìn tổng thể về các môn thể thao dưới nước, từ đó nâng cao vốn từ vựng và ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh.