Bài tập trắc nghiệm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 7: The Mass Media
Bài tập trắc nghiệm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 7 có đáp án
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập trắc nghiệm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 7: The Mass Media được sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích giúp các bạn nắm vững những phần ngữ pháp trọng điểm của bài 7 này. Chúc các bạn ôn tập hiệu quả.
UNIT 7 ~ THE MASS MEDIA
PRACTICE TEST 1
I. Pick out the wordwhose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words.
1. A. key B. they C. today D. survey
2. A. time B. fit C. fine D. Friday
3. A. voice B. coin C. coincide D. noise
4. A. famous B. face C. take D. catch
5. A. family B. sky C. type D. clarify
II. Pick out the wordthat has the stress pattern different from that of the other words.
6. A. media B. cartoon C. series D. radio
7. A. photograph B. programme C. entertain D. channel
8. A. video B. television C. theatre D. information
9. A. deliver B. visual C. different D. common
10. A. provide B. listen C. receive D. believe
B. VOCABULARY AND STRUCTURE
I. Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D that best completes each sentence.
11. Neither the director nor his assistant......yet.
A. have come B. haven't come C. has come D. hasn't come.
12. She had no ...... of selling the clock - it had belonged to hergrandfather.
A. meaning B. interest C. intention D. opinion
13. We hoped that Robert would agree to help us, but he has......to.
A. desired B. refused C. promised D. intended
14. You......better be careful not to miss the train.
A. had B. would C. should D. did
15. I'm going to wait until you......your work.
A. finished B. have finished C. had finished D. will finish
16. Why was his boss so angry with him? ~ Because of......late.
A. him to be B. his being C. he was D. he is
17. Tim: "How long have you known them?" ~ Daisy: " ……......."
A. Since live years B. Ever since five years
C. five years D. For five years
18. Nobody could hear her......she spoke too quietly.
A. so B. however C. although D. because
19. One of the new salesmen has......me to buy a new car.
A. persuaded B. suggested C. argued D. resulted
20. Don't......with him while he's working.
A. interfere B. bother C. disturb D. annoy
21.......of all our efforts we failed.
A. Although B. Despite C. In spite D. However
22. They......her to enter for the Beauty Contest.
A. made B. caused C. encouraged D. let
23. I've been looking for this book for months, and......I have foundit.
A. in time B. at last C. at the end D. at present
24. One......of their own house is that it has no garden.
A. pity B. dislike C. complaint D. disadvantage
25. I have never......any experience of living in the country.
A. had B. wished C. done D. made
II. Choose the underlined part among A, B, C or D that needs correcting.
26. Susan (A) slept (B) soundly for 10 (C) hours! You must (D) wake her.
27. (A) Because of coming into the office (B) on weekends, Mr Smith (C) never gets enough work (D) done.
28. (A) Sales of the (B) newest computer (C) have doubled (D) since the past eight months.
29. The members (A) of the personnel committee (B) has decided to (C) revise (D) the employee handbook.
30. (A) No one knows (B) what the ultimate (C) affect of the global pollution (D) will be.
III. Choose the correct sentence among A, B, C or I) which has the same meaning as the given one.
31. She began to play the piano three years ago.
A. She has played the piano since three years.
B. She has played the piano for three years.
C. She doesn't play the piano now.
D. She stops playing the piano now.
32. Although it was cold, we all went for a walk.
A. Despite of the cold weather, we all went for a walk.
B. Despite the cold weather, we all went for a walk.
C. Despite the cold, we all went for a walk.
D. Despite being cold, we al] went for a walk.
33. Tim gave up smoking to save money.
A. Tim gave up smoking because he didn't have enough money.
B. Tim gave up smoking because he lacked money:
C. Tim gIve up smoking because he wanted to save money.
D. Tim gave up smoking because his money was saved.
34. We expected Larry to accept the job, but he didn't.
A. Hven though Larry was expected to accept the job, he didn't.
B. Larry expected to accept the job, but we didn't want.
C. Larry didn't accept the job we liked.
D. Larry was turned down for the job we expected him to do.
35. Sam was lazy, so he lost his job.
A. Sam lost his job because he was lazy. B. Sam lost his job because of his being lazy.
C. Sam lost his job because of his laziness. D. All are correct.
I. Read the text below and choose the correct word o(; phrase for each space. For each question, circle the letter you choose A, B, C or D.
Good press photographers must have an "eye" for news, just as journalists must have a "nose" for a good story. They must be (36)......to interpret a story and decide rapidly how they can take (37)......of the best opportunities to take pictures. The (38).......difficult part of a press photographer's job is that he or she has to beable to (39).......a complicated situation with just one photograph.
They rarely have second (40).......and must be able to take required (41).......very quickly. Indeed, speed is essential - if the photographs are not ready for the printing deadline, they are very unlikely to be of any (42)........ . Most press photographers begin work with a local newspaper. There, the (43)....... is mostly for material of regional interest.
Photographers may be expected to photograph a lot of unexciting events but to (44).......the enthusiasm to put "something special" (45).......every picture.
36. A. able B. possible C. probable D. capable
37. A. profit B. benefit C. advantage D. use
38. A. much B. more C. most D. better
39. A. draw up B. sum up C. put out D. turn
40. A. occasions B. chances C. possibilities D. moments
41. A. image B. illustration C. scene D. shot
42. A. role B. employment C. use D. achievement
43. A. task B. demand C. obligation D. duty
44. A. keep up B. hold on C. stay D. carry on
45. A. into B. out of C. from D. within
II. Read the text and questions below. For each question, circle the letter you choose A, B, C or D.
News Media are the means or methods by which people learn what is happening in the city, in the country and in the world. The news media can be classified into two general categories: the categories of print media and electronic media. Print media use the written material to communicate news to readers. Electronic media use air waves to send news into homes, offices and public places. Print Media are usually divided into magazines and newspapers. Most newspapers print news daily. For example, the newspaper "The New York Times" is published every day of the year. Most news magazines are published weekly, for instance. Newsweek and Time magazines are published once a week. The electronic media are generally divided into radio and television. Radio news is news that you listen to. In the United States, many radio stations broadcast five minutes of news every hour. T.V news is that you not only listen to but also watch. In Canada and the United States, for example, many people watch an hour of news on TV at 6 o'clock in the evening. In the future, new categories of news media will develop. Even today, computers are beginning to influence the transmission and reception of news.
46. What do the print media use to communicate the news'?
A. A. TV B. radio C. airwaves D. newspapers
47. What do the electronic media use to broadcast news?
A. A. air waves B. magazines C. newspapers D. all of the above
48. What is the New York Times an example of?
A. magazine B. newspapers
C. radio program D. television program
49. Which of the following print media are published?
A. A. Newsweek B. Time
C. The New York Times D. All are correct.
50. Which of the following electronic media are broadcast?
A. A. TV program B. newspapers
C. magazines D. None is correct.
Đáp án Đề thi trắc nghiệm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 7
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. A 6. B 7. C 8. D 9. A 10. B
11. C 12. C 13. B 14. A 15. B 16. B 17. D 18. D 19. A 20. A
21.C 22. C 23. B 24. D 25. A
26. A has been sleeping 27. A In spite of / Despite
28. D in/ during 29. B have 30. C effect
31. B 32. B 33. C 34. A 35. D 36. A 37. C 38. C 39. B 40. B
41. D 42. C 43. B 44. A 45. A 46. D 47. A 48. B 49. D 50. A
Mời các bạn vào tham khảo bài 8 môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 tiếp theo để chuẩn bị cũng như ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức thật tốt trước khi đến lớp cũng như cho mỗi kì thi quan trọng. Chúc các bạn học tốt!