Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 3: Ways of Socialising có đáp án
Bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 3
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu một số câu trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 3 cơ bản dành cho các bạn học sinh ôn tập. Bài tập có kèm theo đáp án tiện cho các bạn đối chiếu và so sánh. Mời các bạn tham khảo sau đây.
UNIT 3: WAYS OF SOCIALISING
I. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. attract b. person c. signal d. instance
2. a. verbal b. suppose c. even d. either
3. a. example b. consider c. several d. attention
4. a. situation b. appropriate c. informality d. entertainment
5. a. across b. simply c. common d. brother
6. a. social b. meter c. notice d. begin
7. a. whistle b. table c. someone d. receive
8. a. discuss b. waving c. airport d. often
9. a. sentence b. pointing c. verbal d. attract
10. a. problem b. minute c. suppose d. dinner
11. a. noisy b. party c. social d. polite
12. a. restaurant b. assistance c. usually d. Compliment
13. a. impolite b. exciting c. attention d. attracting
14. a. obvious b. probably c. finally d. approaching
15. a. waiter b. teacher c. slightly d. toward
II. Choose the best answer.
1. She is a kind of woman who does not care much of work but generally _______ only with colleagues for meals, movies or late nights at a club.
a. supposes b. socializes c. attention d. discussed
2. I didn't think his comments were very appropriate at the time.
a. correct b. right c. exact d. suitable
3. You should _______ more attention to what your teacher explains.
a. make b. get c. set d. pay
4. Body language is a potent form of _______ communication.
a. verbal b. non-verbal c. tongue d. oral
5. Our teacher often said, "Who knows the answer? _______ your hand."
a. Rise b. Lift c. Raise d. Heighten
6. This is the instance where big, obvious non-verbal signals are appropriate.
a. situation. b. attention c. place d. matter
7. They started, as ___ gatherings but they have become increasingly formalized in the last few years.
a. informal b. informally c. informalize d. informality
8. Children who are isolated and lonely seem to have poor language and ________.
a. communicate b. communication c. communicative d. communicator
9. The lecturer explained the problem very clearly and is always _______ in response to questions.
a. attention b. attentive c. attentively d. attentiveness
10. Pay more attention _______ picture and you can find out who is the robber.
a. to b. for c. at d. on
11. She looked _______ me, smiling happily and confidently.
a. on b. over c. forward d. at
12. - What an attractive hair style you have got, Mary! - _______
a. Thank you very much. I am afraid
b. You are telling a lie
c. Thank you for your compliment
d. I don't like your sayings
13. In _______ most social situations, _______ informality is appreciated.
a. Ø/Ø b. the/an c. a/the d. the/a
14. - What beautiful dress you are wearing!
- Thank you. That is _______ nice compliment.
a. a/a b. the/Ø c. Ø/Ø d. the/the
15. ______ you wanted to ask your teacher a question during his lecture, what would you do?
a. As b. As if c. Even of d. suppose
16. John asked me _______ in English.
a. what does this word mean b. what that word means
c. what did this word mean d. what that word meant
17. The mother told her son _______ so impolitely.
a. not behave b. not to behave c. not behaving d. did not behave
18. She said she _______ collect it for me after work.
a. would b. did c. must d. had
19. She said I _______ an angel.
a. am b. was c. were d. have been
20. I have ever told you he _______ unreliable.
a. is b. were c. had been d. would be
21. I told him _______ the word to Jane somehow that I _______ to reach her during the early hours.
a. passing/will try b. he will pass/tried
c. to pass/would be trying d. he passed/have tried
22. Laura said she had worked on the assignment since _______.
a. yesterday b. two days ago c. the day before d. the next day
23. John asked me _______ interested in any kind of sports.
a. if I were b. if were I c. if was I d. if I was
24. I _______ you everything I am doing, 'and you have to do the same.
a. will tell b. would tell c. told d. was telling
25. John asked me _______ that film the night before.
a. that I saw b. had I seen
c. if I had seen d. if had I seen
26. The boy waved his hands to his mother, who was standing at the school gate, to ___ her attention.
a. attract b. pull c. follow d. tempt
27. If something _______ your attention or your eye, you notice it or become interested in it.
a. pays b. allow c. catches d. wave
28. When you are in a restaurant, you can raise your hand slightly to show that you need assistance.
a. bill b. menu c. help d. food
29. After a _______ hesitation, she began to speak with such a convincing voice.
a. rude b. slight c. small d. impolite
30. He is one of the most _______ bosses I have ever worked with. He behaves rudely to not only me but also others in the staff.
a. thoughtful b. impolite c. attentive d. communicative
31. In many cultures, people signify their agreement by _______ their head.
a. turning b. raising c. pointing d. nodding
32. There was a _______ tremble in her voice, which showed that she was very nervous at that time.
a. slight b. slighted c. slightly d. slightness
33. If a boss wants to have a well-qualified staff, he should have to pay his employees _______.
a. appropriate b. appropriately c. appropriation d. appropriating
34. Mrs. Pike was so angry that she made a _______ gesture at the driver.
a. rude b. rudeness c. rudely d. rudest
35. _______ nonverbal language is _______ important aspect of interpersonal communication.
a. The/Ø b. A/the c. The/a d. Ø/an
36. Balzer, _______ linguistic researcher, reported that approximately 75% of classroom management behavior was nonverbal.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
37. I have never seen such a beautiful dress _______ you before.
a. of b. on c. for d. in
38. Small children are often told that it is rude to point _______ other people.
a. on b. to c. at d. for
39. - You look great in this new dress. - ________.
a. With pleasure
b. Not at all
c. I am glad you like it
d. Do not say anything about it
40. Suppose you want to go out during a lecture, what should you do?
a. As b. If c. Though d. When
41. Peter said that he had lived in London four years _______.
a. ago b. before c. later d. then
42. The guest told the host that _______.
a. I must go now b. he must go now c. he had to go now d. he had to go then
43. The teacher told Joe _______.
a. to stop talking b. stop talking c. stops talking d. stopped talking
44. She said she _______.
a. was very tired last night b. was very tired the night before
c. had been very tired last night d. had been very tired the night before
45. Emily said that her teacher _______ to London _______.
a. will go/tomorrow b. went/tomorrow
c. would go/the next day d. had gone/the next day
46. She told the boys _______ on the grass.
a. do not play b. did not play c. not playing d. not to play
47. She asked _______.
a. where was her umbrella b. where her umbrella was
c. where were her umbrella d. where her umbrella were
48. Jason asked me _______ me the book the day before.
a. if who gave b. if who has given
c. who had given d. that who had given
49. Robert said that his father _______ to Dallas the year before.
a. goes b. went c. has gone d. had gone
50. He wanted to know _______ shopping during the previous morning.
a. if we had been going b. that if we had been going
c. we were going d. that we were going
51. "How beautiful is the dress you have just bought!" Peter said to Mary.
a. Peter promised to buy Mary a beautiful dress.
b. Peter said thanks to Mary for her beautiful dress.
c. Peter complimented Mary on her beautiful dress.
d. Peter asked Mary how she had just bought her beautiful dress.
52. She raised her hand high so that she could attract her teacher's attention.
a. Because her teacher attracted her, she raised her hand high.
b. To attract her teacher's attention, she raised her hand high.
c. Though she raised her hand high, she could not attract her teacher's attention.
d. She had such a high raising of hand that she failed to attract her teacher's attention.
53. "Hello, Mary!" Peter said. '
a. Peter said hello Mary. b. Peter said Mary hello.
c. Peter told Mary hello d. Peter greeted Mary.
54. Julie and Anne had not met each other before he party.
a. Julie and Anne got acquainted when they were at the party.
b. The party prevented Julie and Anne from meeting each other.
c. The party was the place where Julie and Anne could not meet each other.
d. Julie and Anne used to meet each other for the party.
55. "Why don't you ask the teacher for help?" Peter asked me.
a. Peter advised me to ask the teacher for help.
b. Peter recommended me not to ask the teacher for help. ,
c. Peter told me the reason why I did not ask the teacher for help.
d. Peter suggested that he should ask the teacher for help.
56. When you see your teacher approaching you, a slight wave to attract his attention is appropriate.
a. coming nearer to b. catching sight of c. pointing at d. looking up to
57. When you catch someone's ___ you do something to attract his attention so that you can talk to him.
a. head b. hand c. eye d. ear
58. When the play finished the audience stood up and _______ their hands loudly.
a. clapped b. nodded c. shook d. hold
59. It is _______ not to say "Thank you" when you are given something.
a. small b. rude c. slight d. formal
60. A whistle is the _______ for the football players to begin the match.
a. communication b. instance c. attention d. signal
61. It is often considered to be impolite to _______ at someone.
a. look b. smile c. point d. raise
62. He is not really friendly and makes no attempt to be _______.
a. society b. social c. socialize d. sociable
63. She sent me a _______ letter thanking me for my invitation.
a. polite b. politely c. politeness d. impoliteness
64. Mr. Timpson's behavior and comments on occasions were inappropriate and fell below the ___standards.
a. accept b. acceptable c. acceptance d. accepting
65. In general, the meaning of _______ touching depends of the situation, culture, sex, and age.
a. a b. am c. the d. Ø
66. ___ same words or phrases can have many __ different meanings, depending on how they are said.
a. Ø/Ø b. A/the c. Ø/the d. the/a
67. I recognized my grandmother as soon as she got _______ the plane although we had not seen each other for more than 10 years.
a. over b. of c. away d. off
68. I waved _______ him from the window but he didn't see me.
a. through b. for c. up d. to
69. - How well you are playing! - ________.
a. Say it again. I like to hear your words
b. I think so. I am proud of myself
c. Thank you too much
d. Many thanks. That is a nice compliment
70. He asked me _______ Robert and I said I did not know _______.
a. that did I know/who were Robert
b. that I knew/who Robert were
c. if I knew/who Robert was
d. whether I knew/who was Robert
71. The mother asked her son _______.
a. where he has been b. where he had been
c. where has he been d. where had he been
72. Martin asked me _______.
a. how is my father b. how my father is
c. how was my father d. how my father was
73. The host asked Peter _______ tea or coffee.
a. whether he preferred b. that he preferred
c. did he prefer d. if he prefers
74. She asked me _______ my holidays _______.
a. where I spent/the previous year b. where I had spent/the previous year
c. where I spent/last year d. where did I spend/last year
75. He advised _______ too far.
a. her did not go b. her do not go c. her not to go d. she did not go
76. John often says he _______ boxing because it _______ a cruel sport.
a. does not like/is b. did not like/were
c. not liked/had been d. had not liked/was
77. Nancy asked me why I had not gone to New York the summer _______.
a. before b. ago c. last d. previous
78. He asked _______ him some money.
a. her to lend b. she to lend c. she has lent d. she lends
79. Andrew told me that they _______ fish two _______ days.
a. have not eaten/ago b. had not eaten/previous
c. did not eat/before d. would not eat/last
80. Jason told me that he _______ his best in the exam the _______ day.
a. had done/following b. will do/previous
c. would do/following d. was going/previous