Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 6 Future Jobs có đáp án
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 6 Future Jobs có đáp án
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 6 Future Jobs có đáp án giúp các em học sinh có tài liệu ôn tập, luyện tập nhằm nắm vững được những kiến thức, kĩ năng cơ bản, đồng thời vận dụng kiến thức để giải các bài tập một cách thuận lợi.
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. It is of great importance to create a good impression _______ your interviewer.
a. on b. about c. for d. at
7. Good preparations _______ your job interview is a must.
a. with b. upon c. in d. for
8. Many children are under such a high _______ of learning that they do not feel happy at school.
a. recommendation b. interview c. pressure d. concentration
9. She likes meeting people and travelling so she wants to apply for a _______ of a receptionist or tourist guide.
a. location b. position c. site d. word
10. To my _______, I was not offered the job.
a. happiness b. dream c. joy d. disappointment
11. Being well-dress and punctual can help you create a good _______ on your interviewer.
a. impression b. pressure c. employment d. effectiveness
12. She often reads newspapers and look through the Situations _______ columns every day, but up to now she has not found any job yet.
a. Article b. Space c. Vacant d. Spot
13. Many people will be out of _______ if the factory is closed.
a. work b. career c. profession d. job
14. His dream of becoming _______ doctor became true after seven years of learning hard.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
15. _______ information you need is. in this book. Read it carefully.
a. A b. An c. The d. Ø
16. Doctors have to assume _______ for human life.
a. responsible b. responsibly c. responsibility d. responsibles
17. _______ is increasing, which results from economic crisis.
a. Employment b. Unemployment c. Employ d. Unemployed
18. He was offered the job thanks to his _______ performance during his job interview.
a. impress b. impression c. impressive d. impressively
19. There was no one _______.
a. I could ask for help b. when I could ask for help
c. I could ask whom for help d. for that I could ask for help
20. The children were quite attracted by the tamer and his animals _______ were performing on the stage.
a. that b. which c. whom d. who
21. Is there anything else _______ you want to ask?
a. what b. where c. whom d. that
22. I come from the Seattle area, _______ many successful companies such as Microsoft and Boeing are located.
a. which b. that c. where d. whom
23. They have just visited the town _______ location was little known.
a. where b. whose c. which d. that
24. _______ one of the most creative artists in rock 'n roll, came from California.
a. Frank Zappa, who was b. Frank Zappa was
c. Frank Zappa, that was d. Frank Zappa whom was
25. He came to the party wearing only a pair of shorts and a T-shirt, _______ was a stupid thing to do.
a. who b. whom c. which d. that
26. He lives in a small town _______.
a. where is called Taunton b. which is called Taunton
c. is called Taunton d. that called Taunton
27. The house _______ is more than 100 years old.
a. where I live b. in where I live c. in that I live d. where I live in
28. _______ want to get a god job have to have certain qualifications and experience.
a. Who b. Those which c. Those who d. Those whom
29. Wild fires are common in the forest areas of Australia, of the US and Canada, _______ the climate is moist.
a. in where b. in that c. where d. which
30. King Henry, _______ was Elizabeth I, led England into the Age of Empire.
a. daughter b. whom daughter c. which daughter d. whose daughter
Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
31. Those who are riding a motorbike are not allowed to take off their helmet.
a. Those who are wearing a helmet are not allowed to ride a motorbike.
b. It is the helmet that one needn't wear when he is riding a motorbike
c. You should not wear a helmet when you are riding a motorbike.
d. People must never take their helmet off while they are riding a motorbike.
32. John, whose cough is terrible, needs to see a doctor.
a. John's terrible cough prevents from seeing a doctor.
b. John needs to see a doctor because of his terrible cough.
c. John's doctor does not want to see him because he has a bad cough.
d. John's terrible cough forces him to see a doctor.
33. The last time when I saw her was three years ago.
a. I have often seen her for the last three years.
b. About three years ago, I used to meet her.
c. I have not seen her for three years.
d. I saw her three years ago and will never meet her again.
34. It is the earth's gravity that gives us our weight.
a. If there were not the earth's gravity, we would be weightless.
b. Due to the earth's gravity we cannot weigh anything.
c. We are overweight because of the earth's 'gravity.
d. The earth's gravity is given weight by people.
35. It was your assistance that enabled us to get achievement.
a. But for you assistance, we could not have, got achievement.
b. Your assistance discouraged us from get achievement.
c. If you assisted us, we could not get achievement.
d. Without your assistance, we could get achievement.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Preparation is a key to a successful interview. Does the idea of going to a job interview make you feel a little nervous? Many people find that it is the hardest part of the employing process. But it is not really true. The more you prepare and practice, the more comfortable you will feel. You should find out as much as possible about the company before you go to the interview. Understand the products that they produce and the services that they provide. It is also good to know who the customers are and who the major competitors are. Practice makes perfect. It will also make you feel more confident and relaxed. So, practice your answers to common questions. Make a list of questions to ask, too. Almost all interviewers will ask if you have questions. This is a great opportunity for you to show your keenness, enthusiasm, and knowledge.
Make a great impression. The interview is your chance to show that you are the best person for the job. Your application or resume has already exhibited that you are qualified. Now it is up to you to show how your skills and experience match this position and this company. The employer will be looking and listening to determine if you are a good fit. He/she will be looking for a number of different qualities, in addition to the skills that you possess. To make the best impression, dress appropriately; express your strengths; arrive early, by about 10-15 minutes; be enthusiastic; shake hands firmly; be an active listener; sit up straight and maintain eye contact; and ask questions
After the interview, follow up with a thank-you note. This is a chance for you to restate your interest and how you can benefit the company. Your best bet is to try to time it so that the note gets there before the hiring: decision is made. You should also follow up with a phone call if you do not hear back from the employer within the specified time.
36. The pronoun it refers to ________.
a. the job b. the interview c. the interviewer d. the preparation
37. What does the writer advise you to practice?
a. Asking and answering questions related to the job.
b. Making products that the company produces.
c. Providing services that the company serves.
d. Meeting some customers and competitors.
38. Which should not be shown during your interview?
a. Punctuality b. A firm hand shaking
c. Being properly-dressed d. Weaknesses
39. You can show your qualifications in the
a. dressing style and punctuality b. competing with the competitors
c. resume and letter of application d. eye contact with the interview
40. Which is not included in the writer's advice?
a. You should not communicate with the interviewer after the interview.
b. You should make the best impression in the interview.
c. You should write a note to say thanks to the interviewer after the interview.
d. You should telephone the interviewer for any information after the interview.
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
The interview is one of the most important (41) _____ in the job search process. When an employer invites you to an interview, he/she is indicating an (42) _____ in yourself. The interview gives both of you the opportunity to (43) _____ enough information to determine if you are a good "fit" for each other. Think of an interview as a highly focused professional conversation. You should (44) _____ the limited amount of time you have learning about the employer's needs and discuss the ways you can meet these needs. In many cases, you will interview at least, twice before being employed for a (45) _____. Once in a brief screening interview and at least once again in a (46) _____ serious meeting when you may also talk to many of your potential coworkers.
A job interview is a strategic conversation with a purpose. Your goal is to show the employer that you have the (47) _____, background, and ability to do the job and that you can successfully fit into the organization. The interview is also your (48) _____ to gather information about the job, the organization, and future career opportunities to figure out if the position and work environment are (49) _____ for you. Most employers do not hire people based on certificates or diplomas alone. Personality, (50) ______, enthusiasm, a positive outlook, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills count heavily in the selection process.