Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8 Country Life And City Life có đáp án
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8 có đáp án
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8 từ cơ bản đến nâng cao được sắp xếp theo từng bài, nhằm giúp các em có thể tự mình ôn tập và củng cố thêm về nền tảng kiến thức môn Anh văn, tự tin đạt kết quả tốt trong kỳ thi, kiểm tra sắp tới.
I. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. a. delay
2. a. offer
3. a. migrant
4. a. tragedy
5. a. information
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. She _____ a speech at the conference next week.
a. has made b. is making c. make d. would make
7. The climate is getting_____.
a. warmer b. warmly c. warmness d. warming
8. ‘Jenny has had her baby.’ _‘Really? That’s wonderful! I ____ her some flowers.’
a. will send b. has sent c. send d. am sending
9. The universe _____, and has been since its beginning.
a. expand b. is expanding c. will expand d. is going to expand
10. The CD is _____ than the cassette.
a more expensive b. much expensive c. expensive d. expensiver
11. This machine is ____.
a. most reliable b. the most reliable c. more reliable d. reliabler
12. TV is bringing ______ information, ______ entertainment.
a. not only... but also b. so... that
c. either... or d. more... than
13. The film is definitely not suitable for young children.
a. specially b. certainly c. hardly d. really
14. She is offering a reward _____ the return of her lost watch.
a. for b. of c. to d. with
15. _____ is a violent tropical storm in the western Pacific.
a. Flood b. Tidal wave c. Typhoon d. Drought
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
16. They have just phoned to say that they don’t come back till midnight.
A B C D
17. I like everybody who works here, but you’re the nicer of all.
A B C D
18. Not only the bathroom was flooded, also the rest of the house.
A B C D
19. Take this empty box away and bring to me a full one.
A B C D
20. They often look after other work when they need more money for their
A B C D
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
My name is Pallapah and I live in Bangkok (21) __Thailand. We (22) ___live in the country. My dad and his brothers (23) ____ farmers. But due to money problems, my dad decided (24) _____ to Bangkok, our capital city. None of us really like (25) _____ here because of all the traffic and (26) _____. And because of the high cost of living, we can’t buy a house yet.
(27) _____ we would all prefer to live on the 28) _____ , we can earn more money here in the city. So despite all the problems, we will probably stay here.
21. a. in
22. a. use to
23. a. was
24. a. move
25. a. live
26. a. pollution
27. a. Because
28. a. country
b. used to
b. to move
b. to live
c. got used to
d. were used to
d. to moving
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
I live in Cairo, which is the capital of Egypt. There are more than ten million people here. A lot of them have come from the countryside because there are more jobs here.
I live in an apartment near the city center. It is a busy, exciting place. It has cinemas and shops, but unfortunately there is a lot of traffic too. Many tourists come from all over the world to see the Pyramids, which are near the city.
I like Cairo because it is big and exciting. I have a lot of friends and it is easy to meet new people. I am glad that I live here, but my mother doesn’t like it. She used to live in the countryside, and she would like to go back one day.
29. Cairo _____.
a. is a village
b. is the capital of Egypt
c. has more than ten million people
d. b & c are correct
30. Why do people go to Cairo?
a. Because there are more jobs in Cairo than in the countryside.
b. Because they want to see the Pyramids.
c. Because there is a lot of traffic in Cairo.
d. a & b are correct
31. We can replace the word ‘tourists’ in line 6 with the word ______.
a. ‘newcomers’ b. ‘visitors’ c. ‘guests’ d. ‘friends’
32. The author likes Cairo because ______.
a. it is big
b. it is exciting
c. he thinks it is easy to meet new people there
d. all are correct
33. Which of the following is not true?
a. The author has a lot of friends.
b. The author likes to meet new people.
c. The author lives in a villa.
d. The author’s mother doesn’t like to live there.
Đáp án Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8