Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Volunteer Work có đáp án
Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Volunteer Work có đáp án
Với môn tiếng Anh, các em cần phải chuyên cần luyện tập bằng cách giải nhiều dạng bài tập thì mới tiến bộ và học tốt môn ngoại ngữ này. Để giúp các em có thêm nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 hay, chúng tôi đã tổng hợp và gửi đến các em Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Volunteer Work có đáp án. Đáp án được viết kèm theo sau mỗi câu bài tập. Mời các em tham khảo.
I. Rewrite the sentences beginning with an appropriate participle (present, past or perfect).
1. When she saw the dog coming towards her, she quickly crossed the road.
Seeing the dog coming towards her, she quickly crossed the road.
2. If it is looked after carefully, the plant can live through the winter.
Looked after carefully, the plant can live through the winter.
3. As I don't have a credit card, I found it difficult to book an airline ticket over the phone.
Not having a credit card, I found it difficult to book...
4. Keith spent a lot of time filling in job application forms because he was unemployed.
Being unemployed, Keith spent a lot of time filling in job application forms.
5. Because I was walking quickly, I soon caught up with her.
Walking quickly, I soon caught up with her.
6. The house was built of wood, so it was clearly a fire risk.
Built/ Being built of wood, the house was clearly a fire risk.
7. I was eager to catch the bus in good time because I had been told off the day before for arriving late.
Having been told off the day before for arriving late, I was eager to catch the bus in good time.
8. She didn't know where the theater was, so she asked for directions at the hotel reception.
Not knowing where the theater was, she asked for directions at the hotel reception.
9. As she was a nurse, she knew what to do after the accident.
Being a nurse, she knew what to do after the accident.
10. He had spent his childhood in Oslo so he knew the city well.
Having spent his childhood in Oslo, he knew the city well.
11. The fruit was expensive because it was imported.
Being imported, the fruit was expensive.
12. We has spent nearly all our money so we couldn't afford to stay at a hotel.
Having spent nearly all our money, we couldn't afford to stay at a hotel.
13. As we didn't want to offend him, we said nothing about his paintings.
Not wanting to offend him, we said nothing about his paintings.
14. Although James is known mainly as a writer of novel, he has now written a successful biography.
Known mainly as a writer of novel, James has now written a successful biography.
15. Although it had been hunted close to extinction, the rhino is once again common in this area.
Having been hunted close to extinction, the rhino is once again common in this area.
II. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. The missing children were last seen playing (play) near the river.
2. Having completed (complete) the book, he had a holiday.
3. Found (find) only in the Andes, the plant is used by local people to treat skin diseases.
4. The accident seems to have happened (happen) at around 1. 00 p. m yesterday.
5. Do something! Don't just sit there twiddling (twiddle) your thumbs.
6. Last year I studied abroad. I appreciate having had (have) the opportunity to live and study in a foreign country. .
7. Looking (look) down from the hill, the town spread out before us towards the coast.
8. Marta doesn't like to have her picture taken (take). She avoids being photographed (photograph).
9. I don't agree with smacking (smack) children if they do something wrong.
10. The book published (publish) last week is his first novel.
11. Having photocopied (photocopy) all the papers, Sarah put them back in the file.
12. I found a coin lying (lie) on the sidewalk.
13. Our mechanic said that he expects to have fixed (fix) the brake on the car before we pick it up.
14. Life must be unpleasant for people living (live) near busy airports.
15. Having parked/ Parking (park) the car about a kilometre from the stadium, I walked the rest of the way.
III. Choose the correct alternatives. Sometimes both are possible.
1. He insisted to pay/ on paying for the meal.
2. The interviewer started off to ask/ by asking me why I wanted the job.
3. What am I going to do? I forgot bringing/ to bring my calculus text, and I need it for the review today.
4. I can clearly recall him saying/ his saving that he was meeting 'Sarah at eight o'clock.
5. Mrs Gates appreciated serving/ being served breakfast in bed when she wasn't feeling well.
6. You'd better save/ to save some money for a rainy day. You can't count on rescueing/ being rescued by your parents every time you get into financial difficult.
7. Waiting/ Having waited six months for the washing machine being delivered/ to be delivered, I decided to cancel/ cancelling the order.
8. By telephoning/ In telephoning every hour, she managed to speak/ speaking to the doctor.
9. The ticket enables you visiting/ to visit both the museum and the art gallery.
10. Watching/ Having watched television to the exclusion of all other activities is not a healthy habit for a growing child.
11. Now I remember you ask/ your asking me to bring sandwiches to the picnic. Your complains about my forgetting/ having forgotten things seem justified. I'm sorry.
12. No one could make Ted feel/ to feel afraid. He refused to intimidate/ to be intimidated by anyone.
13. The government plans to bring/ bringing in new laws forcing/ making parents to take more responsibility for the education of their children.
14. When I was in the supermarket I noticed a man to take/ take some food off the shelf and hide it inside his coat.
15. I overheard her tell/ telling Jack that she was serious ill.
IV. Complete each of these sentences with an appropriate preposition.
1. He left his job to take care of his sick daughter.
2. They will have the opportunity to participate actively in the process.
3. The government plans to set up a regional library system.
4. He waited until they had carried out his orders to the fullest.
5. I volunteered for service in the Air Force.
6. He is very good at playing games.
7. Some students volunteer to work in remote areas to provide education for children.
8. Have you ever taken part in volunteer works?
9. All the students like joining in the Green Saturday Movement.
10. At the end of her life she suffered from Alzheimer's disease.
V. Imagine you are one of the villagers. Write a letter to thank the students for what they have done. Use the cues given.
Dear Hanh and Trung,
1. I/ write/ thank/ what/ you/ do/ us/ during/ your stay/ remote village//
I'm writing to thank you for what you have done for us during your stay in our.
2. We/ really/ appreciate/ precious help//
We really appreciate your precious help.
3. The newly-built wooden bridge/ very/ useful/ daily transportation//
The newly-built wooden bridge is very useful to our daily transportation.
4. Also/ thanks/ your one-month literacy program/ villagers/ now/ able/ read/ newspapers/ though/ some difficulty//
Also, thanks to your one-month literacy program, the villagers are now able to read newspapers though with some difficulty.
5. Thus/ we/ extremely thankful/ these invaluable things//
Thus, we're extremely thankful for these invaluable things.
6. We/ wish/ good health/ great success//
We wish you good health and great success.
7. Look forward/ see/ you/ again/ next year//
Looking forward to seeing you again next year.