Bài tập Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 8 The World Of Work
Tiếng Anh Unit 8 lớp 12: The World Of Work
Với mong muốn giúp các em học sinh học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình mới, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu Ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 mới theo từng Unit khác nhau. Đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 8 phần Từ vựng (Phonetics + Vocabulary) dưới đây được biên tập bám sát nội dung bài học giúp học sinh lớp 12 củng cố kiến thức đã học về từ mới Tiếng Anh trọng tâm trong bài 8 hiệu quả.
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|1. A. advertisement||B. applicant||C. candidate||D. management|
|2. A. relevant||B. energetic||C. enthusiastic||D. engineer|
|3. A. organized||B. prioritize||C. important||D. opportunity|
|4. A. competitive||B. entrepreneur||C. apprenticeship||D. conscientious|
|5. A. challenging||B. energetic||C. management||D. organized|
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
|6. A. experience||B. apprenticeship||C. administration||D. prioritize|
|7. A. advertisement||B. probation||C. competitive||D. relevant|
|8. A. organization||B. enthusiastic||C. compassionate||D. qualification|
|9. A. encourage||B. interview||C. graduate||D. organize|
|10. A. successful||B. significant||C. experienced||D. challenging|
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
11. He has all the right____ for the job.
12. Before we apply for any jobs, we need to prepare a good CV and a____ very carefully.
C. covering letter overing
13. Employers always want job____ to be able to demonstrate their skills and qualities.
14. There are usually a lot of job seekers applying for one position. Only a few of them are____ for an interview.
15. My application was not successful; there were more than 4,000 applicants and only 20were selected. I realized that apprenticeship were very____.
16. When preparing a CV, university____ can consider attaching a separate report about official workexperience during the course.
17. An apprentice is required to do several years'____.
18. According to everyone in the____, she's a very good boss.
19. She's looking for a better position with another____.
20. It's wise to think about choosing a____ before leaving school.
21. A doctor is a member of a respected ____.
22. If you want a job, you have to ____ for one.
23. You'll probably have to____ an application form.
A. fill down
B. fill in
C. fill on
D. fill through
24. And you'll need to give the names of two or three ____.
25. All the members of our____ are expected to work hard.
26. Some of my work is interesting, but a lot of it is just ____.
27. If you are paid monthly, rather than weekly, you receive ____.
B. a reward
C. a salary
28. The purpose of running a business is to make a ____.
29. The____ were delivered to the warehouse by lorry.
30. Many young people travel all over the world and do all kinds of jobs before they____.
A. lie down
B. settle down
C. touch down
D. put down
31. In Britain, people are usually unwilling to tell other people how much they ____.
32. If you're a(n) ____ you have to do what your boss tells you.
33. You can earn more money by working ____.
A. extraordinary hours
D. supplementary hours
34. It's difficult these days for a young person to find a well-paid ____ job.
35. She was ____ after three years with the company.
Exercise 4. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
36. My work is challenging, of course, because it involves both a sales function and a technique function.
37. She's doing well so she was promoted last year. Now she's in charge of a small team of four people.
C. takes over
38. Somebody looks at the detailed specification for the installation and then another colleague researches the cost of the labor and materials.
39. I've been working here for over ten years now and I'm on first-name terms with everyone, even the CEO.
A. getting on
C. having an informal/friendly relationship
40. Jane used to be very excellent as a child and now she's the CEO of a big multi-national company. However, her brother is a blue-collar worker in a small local factory.
41. Employers usually look for candidates who have qualifications and relevant experience.
42. I registered with some online employment agencies, and they found a vacancy almost immediately.
B. an available job
43. Jacob was made redundant last month due to his company's downsizing policy. He's on a short-term contract with a medium-sized company at the moment.
44. When applying for a certain job, you'll be at an advantage if you have hands-on experience.
45. When the factory closed, over a hundred people were made redundant.
C. laid off
Exercise 5. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
46. Should you hire a full-time employee on a permanent contract?
47. If the candidates can perform well and impress the interviewers during the interview, they can be recruited.
A. taken on
48. To become a librarian, you need to be really well-organized.
A. in order
B. neat and tidy
49. What exactly are white collar workers? They are people who work in offices and administrative positions.
50. Most, not to say all of the employers want to look for candidates with punctuality, so make sure you make a positive impression on them by showing up on time for the interview.
A. good time management
B. ability to meet deadlines
C. being late
D. being in time
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung bài tập Tiếng Anh tại đây: Bài tập Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 8 The World Of Work. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com luôn cập nhật liên tục rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.