Bài tập từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9 Choosing A Career
Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 9: Choosing A Career
Nằm trong bộ đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit, bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 9 chuyên đề Từ vựng dưới đây do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề luyện tập Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập Tiếng Anh khác nhau được biên tập bám sát nội dung Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9 Choosing A Career giúp học sinh lớp 12 nắm chắc kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. tedious B. secure C. temporary D. rewarding
2. A. enthusiastic B. smooth C. southern D. trustworthy
3. A. tertiary B. trustworthy C. tempting D. shortlist
4. A. pension B. commission C. passion D. decision
5. A. shortlist B. temporary C. afford D. accordingly
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
6. A. rewarding B. fascinating C. tedious D. challenging
7. A. prospect B. reference C. promoted D. interview
8. A. unemployment B. economics C. manufacture D. responsible
9. A. workforce B. high-flyer C. handshake D. headhunt
10. A. commuter B. commitment C. employee D. attendant
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
11. I was only absent____the office for a few minutes!
A. for B. from C. in D. about
12. She became a full-time member of____last year.
A. employees B. employers C. workers D. staff
13. The ____ for this position starts at thirty thousand euros per year.
A. wage B. payment C. salary D. tip
14. Shelley disagreed with the board's decision so she____ and went to work for anothercompany.
A. retired B. fired C. sacked D. resigned
15. Being a flight attendant is a____ job. You may have to work long hours on long haul flights and not get enough sleep.
A. tedious B. demanding C. rewarding D. fascinating
16. I think that doing medical research would be really____ because this job wouldsave people's lives.
A. challenging B. tiresome C. rewarding D. monotonous
17. I am writing in____ to your advertisement on Vietnamework.comfor the post of a personal assistant.
A. connection B. association C. relation D . response
18. Some people____ to London every day from as far away as Leeds.
A. connect B. commute C. commence D. correspond
19. When the factory closed, over a hundred people were____redundant.
A. made B. given C. taken D. done
20. Most governments tax people on the amount of money they ____ each year.
A. win B. gain C. earn D. benefit
21. After working at the same company for thirty years, my grandfather was lookingforward to his ____.
A. overtime B. pension C. charity D. allowance
22. Who is responsible____dealing with complaints?
A. with B. for C. in D. at.
23. Success in this industry depends a lot____luck!
A. with B. from C. at D. on
24. Don't you think you should apply for the job ____ writing?
A. with B. for C. at D. in
25. The____I 'm a member of is calling for a nationwide strike next week.
A. union B . charity C. organization D. company
26. Have you had any news about that____you applied for yet?
A. work B.job C. career D. vacancy
27. In some professions, you have to ____ when you're 60 or 65 years old.
A. resign B. terminate C. retire D. dismiss
28. We began ____ looking round for advertising agencies which have experience ofour market.
A. to B. with C. by D. at
29. The covering letter wasn't attached ____ the CV.
A. to B. with C. from D. by
30. Certificates provide proofs of your ____.
A. qualifications B. qualities C. diplomas D. ambitions
31. I'd like to speak to the person in____ please.
A. duty B. responsibility C. obligation D. charge
32. When you____the interview, remember to bring some sample of your work.
A. apply B.join C. attend D. make
33. I would be grateful for an opportunity to visit your company and discuss myapplication with you ____.
A. in privacy B. individually C. privately D. in person
34. If my application is successful, I will be able to start work from 15thof August when Ifinish all my exams. I am ____ my CV with this letter.
A. sending B. attaching C. closing D. enclosing
35. Like many young people today, I'm thinking about taking a year ____ first, or aspeople often say, spending a year at "the university of life”.
A. off B. away C. out D. at
Exercise 4. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
36. As he lived in a small town outside the city, he had to commute every day.
A. take a bus to work B. drive to work
C. take a lift to work D. travel a long way to and from work
37. The atmosphere at work was so bad that Brian eventually decided to hand in his notice.
A. notify the boss B. apply for another job C. give up his job D. be given a better job
38. My boss has a reputation for being such a slave-driver!
A. working overtime B. working excessively hard
C. being slave to work D. making his staff work too hard
39. There are excellent prospects for promotion, and you'll know you're doing somethingto benefit society.
A. opportunities B. likelihoods C. futures D. potentials
40. We want to recruit the brightest and the best. If you think you fit the bill, fill in anapplication form today.
A. are able to pay the bill B. are suitable C. are of the right size D. are excellent
41. I am available for an interview all afternoons, except on Tuesday because I am doing acomputer course to improve my typing skills.
A. willing B. free C. impatient D. longing
42. Finally, Amy decided to quit her job as she couldn't stand doing the same things daysin days out. It's so monotonous!
A. easy B. low-paid C. tedious D. secure
43. Lucy has just finished her A levels and she has got a place at university, but she wouldreally like a break from the academic world. Therefore, she decides to take a gap year and travel around the world!
A. a year off B. a year out C. a year away D. a year's trip
44. The experience from an adventurous expedition to a rainforest will broaden your horizons and teach you new skills.
A. expand your range of interests and knowledge B. open your views
C. widen your eyes D. be an eye-opener
45. I consider myself to be trustworthy, responsible and enthusiastic.
A. worthwhile B. talented C. honest D. skilled
Hiện tại VnDoc.com chưa cập nhật được đáp án, mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung bài tập tại đây: Bài tập từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9 Choosing A Career. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.