Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 hay
Ôn thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Bộ 5 đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 hay được VnDoc.com sưu tầm và giới thiệu tới các bạn. Tài liệu này bao gồm đề thi và đáp án của 5 đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 9 THCS môn Tiếng Anh. Hi vọng tài liệu này sẽ giúp các bạn ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức nhằm chuẩn bị tốt cho kì thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9, ôn thi vào lớp 10 khối lớp chuyên hiệu quả.
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 9 – THCS
Môn thi: Tiếng Anh
Thời gian: 150 phút (Không kể thời gian giao đề)
a- Choose the word whose underlined part is pronouced differently from that of the others in each group.
1. A- thank B- than C- month D- youth
2. A- advantage B- adventure C- advertise D- addtion
3. A- main B- complain C- curtain D- entertain
4. A- good B- noon C- soon D- food
5. A- sing B- morning C- long D- angry
b- Supply the correct form of the verb in brackets:
1. When we …(see) … them last night, they …(sing)… ; they …(say)… they
…(sing)… since six o’clock.
2. We …(wait)… for you when you …(get)… back tomorrow.
3. They …(not come)… home until they …(see)… everything.
4. What do you think the children …(do)… when we get home ?
5. I’m sure the letter won’t arrive in time unless it …(send)… by air.
a- Fill each blank with correct form of the word given in capital letters.
1. He was ………. when he did the test badly. HOPE
2. We started our trip on a beautiful ……… morning. SUN
3. I enjoyed the book very much, because it was so ……….. READ
4. What time do you ……….. start work ? USE
5. I really don’t think he has the ………. to do this job. ABLE
6. He was very ……. of the work he had done. PRIDE
7. Thank you for a very ……… evening. ENJOY
8. Their ……. has lasted a lifetime. FRIEND
9. He cycled ……… and had an accident. CARE
10. She has one of the biggest ……… in Britain. COLLECT
b- Correct the wrong form of verbs in the following sentences.
1. I enjoyed to listen to her song.
2. The breaking glass was still on the floor.
3. He walked away without to look back.
4. Most of people inviting to dinner were old friends.
5. We’re looking forward to visit London.
Question 3: Read the text below then choose the right sentence a, b, c or d.
Do you like seasons?
The four seasons in Britain are very different. Read about what Daniel and Fiona think about winter, spring, summer and autumn.
Autumn is very beautiful time of the year. The leaves on the trees go brown, red and yellow and they go down. I love to watch it! We play in the parks a lot but we wear warm clothes, because the days get cold. School starts again in autumn, at the beginning of September. I don't like school!
Summer is the time for me! School finishes in July and we can play in the parks all the time. Sometimes it is very hot. People are happier and they talk with their friends and go for a walks more. The days are very long. In July, for example, it gets dark only about 10 o'clock. It's very difficult to go to sleep at night!
It's very cold in winter! Sometimes, we have a lot of snow and we can make snowmen. I don't like winter because we can't go for a walks very much. We wear thick clothes and in our house it sometimes gets cold. When we come home from school at 4 o'clock, it is already dark. I don't like it at all! But there is one good thing about winter - Chirismas!
After the long winter, sprong is great! There are new leaves on the trees and the birds start to sing. We can go for long walks again and play in the park. The days are longer and it doesn't get dark until about six o'clock. It's much warmer but it rains a lot and the days are very windy.
1. a- Daniel likes autumn because the trees are beautiful.
b- Daniel likes autumn because school starts in September.
c- Daniel doesn't play in the park in autumn because the days are cold.
d- Daniel goes to school with great pleasure.
2. a- School in Britain finishes in May.
b- Daniel doesn't like to meet his friends in the park in summer.
c- People in Great Britain sometimes have hot summers.
d- In July it is dark at nine.
3. a- Daniel always goes to sleep at eight in summer because the days are shorter than in winter.
b- It is always very hot in Britain in summer.
c- Daniel doesn't like autumn at all !
d- In summer Daniel is happier than in autumn because he doesn't go to school.
4. a- Fiona makes snowmen every day in winter.
b- Fiona likes to go for walks with her friends.
c- Fiona doesn't like winter because it is cold in winter.
d- It never gets cold in Fiona's house.
5. a- Winters are short in Britain.
b- Fiona comes home in the afternoon.
c- Fiona doesn't like winter at all !
d- It never snows in Great Britain.
6. a- Fiona likes spring very much.
b- Fiona likes dark winter days.
c- It gets dark at 5 in the afternoon in spring.
d- In Great Britain it doesn't rain much in spring.
Download file tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết