Bộ Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Khi làm bài kiểm tra, nếu nắm rõ cấu trúc của bài thi (đề thi), bạn sẽ có chiến lược làm bài phù hợp, tiết kiệm được thời gian và dành trọn số điểm của từng phần. Để thuận lợi hơn cho việc tham khảo của bạn, chúng tôi xin giới thiệu Bộ Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án dưới đây.
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 trường THPT Triệu Sơn 4, Thanh Hóa
Họ và tên thí sinh:............................................................................... SBD:..............................
PART A: TRẮC NGHIỆM
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 5: We were having lunch when we hear the news.
A. we B. having C. hear D. the news
Question 6: He had come away, not knowing where to turn or what to doing.
A. had B. away C. not knowing D. to doing
Question 7: They asked me what did happen the night before, but I was unable to tell them.
A. the night before B. unable C. what did happen D. tell them
Question 8: Hung congratulated us about passing our exams.
A. us B. about C. passing D. our exams
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 9: It's time we_____ harder.
A. studied B. study C. shall study D. have studied
Question 10: If they had recognized her, they ________ to her.
A. will speak B. will have spoken
C. would have spoken D. would speak
Question 11: I've got lots of________ but only a few really good friends.
A. best mates B. acquaintances C. neighbours D. partners
Question 12: He ______ thousands of dollars to charity.
A. donated B. spent C. wasted D. sponsored
Question 13: Gold ______ jewelry.
A. used to make B. used to making C. is used to make D. is used to making
Question 14: He is so________ that he never lets his wife go out alone.
A. jelously B. jelousness C. jealousy D. jealous
Question 15: Hung should have apologized ______ being late this morning, but he did not.
A. to B. for C. out D. up
Question 16: _______ he was late he stopped to buy a sandwich.
A. If B. So that C. Although D. Because
Question 17: They didn't finish their work on time, ______?
A. didn't they B. do they C. don't they D. did they
Question 18: You _______ your new hat when I _______ you yesterday.
A. was wearing/ met B. wore/ met C. wore/ had met D. were wearing/ met
Question 19: The plants want ______ daily.
A. to wate B. to be watered C. to watering D. being watered
Question 20:The result of exam_______ this afternoon.
A. will be announced B. will announce C. will announced D. will be announce
Question 21: I often take part...... social activities every weekend
A. For B. against C. in D. over.
Question 22: I'm happy _____ that you have passed the exams.
A. knew B. to know C. knowing D. have known
Question 23: They made her ______ there for the weekend.
A. stay B. to stay C. staying D. stayed
Question 24: Their homework needs _______ up again.
A. checking B. to check C. be checking D. checked
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 25: "Let's go out for dinner." "..............."
A. Thank you B. Good idea C. I agree D. My pleasure
Question 26: Mike: "I'm taking my end of term examination tomorrow" ~ Windy: "___________"
A. Good time. B. Good day C. Good chance D. Good luck
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 27: The price of petroleum has decreased since last month.
A. gone down B. give up C. look for D. let off
Question 28: In tonight's quiz, our competitors have come from all over the country.
A. judges B. contestants C. singers D. winners
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 29: The price of petroleum has decreased since last month.
A. fall in B. increase C. reduce D. cut down
Question 30: The President expressed his deep sorrow over the bombing deaths.
A. joyance B. anxiety C. disappointment D. interest
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
PREPARING A DINNER PARTY
Giving a dinner party is a wonderful way of entertain people. You can also make new friends and give others the chance to get to know each other better. It needs planning, though. First, make a guest list, with different kinds of people and a mixture of women and men. Don't invite couples because they aren't so much fun.
When you know who can come, find out what they like to eat and drink. Note down any who are vegetarians, or who can't eat or drink certain things for religious seasons.
Then plan their menu. Include a first course, a choice of main courses and a dessert, plus lots of people's favourite drinks. The next thing to do is the shopping. Make sure buy more than enough of everything, and that someone can help you carry it!
On the day, start cooking early. Give people appetizers like Greek mezze or Spanish tapas, so they don't get hungry if they have to wait. Serve the delicious meal, sit down with your guests and have a good time – you've earned it!
Question 31: Which of the following is NOT mentioned as the purpose of giving a dinner party?
A. to entertain people. B. to make new friends.
C. to get people to know more about their host and hostess. D. to help people to know each other better.
Question 32: When giving a dinner party, you should NOT invite.........................
A. husbands and wives. B. those who are vegetarians.
C. both women and men. D. those who can't eat or drink certain things.
Question 33: The menu should include these EXCEPT..........................
A. a first course B. a supper C. a dessert D. main courses
Question 34: According to the passage, starters should be served...........................
A. because the guests want to have a good time together
B. because the guests like eating them
C. because the guests want to eat them while having to wait
D. because the guests may be hungry while having to wait
Question 35: What should you do while the guests are having their evening meal?
A. Stand beside the guests without doing anything. B. Sit down with the guests and have a good time.
C. Sit down with the guests to show your politeness. D. Only serve the guests with the food.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Last Saturday the...(36)... of three classes of my school took...(37)... the annual final English Competition organized by our English teachers. Its aim was to stimulate the spirit of...38)... English among students. The competition...(39)... by the Students' Parents Society. Mrs Lien, our...(40)... teacher, explained the competition's rules to the students.
Question 36: A. representatives B. monitors C. representants D. competitors
Question 37: A. part to B. part out C. part in D. part of
Question 38: A.to learn B. learning C. learned D. to learning
Question 39: A. was sponsored B. sponsored C. to sponsor D. sponsor
Question 40: A. England B. English C. Englished D. Englishing
PART B: TỰ LUẬN
Rewrite the following sentences in such a way that they mean almost the same as those printed before them. (0,5 x 4 câu = 2,0 điểm)
Question 41: She said to him, "If I were you, I would attend the class."
=> She told him......................................................
Question 42: My teacher said, " I think you should study harder."
=> My teacher advised................................................
Question 43: " Why don't we go to Paris for the weekend."
=> Neil suggested.............................................................
Question 44: She started studying English 10 years ago.
=> She has.........................................................................
(Học sinh không được dùng từ điển)
Đáp án Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11
A. TRẮC NGHIỆM: Mỗi câu đúng 0,2đ x 40câu = 8,0đ
B. TỰ LUẬN: Mỗi câu đúng 0,5đ x 4câu = 2,0 đ
Question 41: => She told him (that) if she were him, she would attend the class.
Question 42: => My teacher advised me to study harder.
Question 43: => Neil suggested going to Paris for the weekend.
Question 44: => She has studied English for 10 years.
=> She has been studying Enlish for 10 years.
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
1. Which of the following words has a different vowel sound?
a. spread b. bread c. break d. breath
2. Which of the following words contains the sound /tf/?
a. mutual b. machine c. computer d. chemistry
3. Which of the following words has a different final sound?
a. glanced b. provided c. brushed d. looked
4. Which of the following words is stressed on the second syllable?
a. represent b. constancy c. participate d. literacy
5. Which of the following words is stressed on the first syllable?
a. traditional b. longevity c. similarity d. literacy
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
6. I've got lots of ______ but only a few really good friends.
a. best friends b. neighbors c. acquaintances d. partners
7. The students in this class were made ______ very hard.
a. learn b. to learn c. learning d. having learnt
8. I prefer staying at work late ______ work home with me.
a. to take b. taking c. than take d. to taking
9. You are under no obligation to help as assistance is purely ______.
a. free b. voluntary c. charitable d. donated
10. Scientists ______ a carefully controlled experiment on the mystery virus.
a. turned over b. put up c. carried out d. set in
11. Let's go ahead and do it now. Nothing ______ by waiting.
a. accomplishes b. accomplished
c. has accomplished d. will be accomplished
12. No one is a better cook than your mother, ______?
a. is she b. isn't she c. are they d. aren't they
13. 'Did you enjoy the picnic?' 'It was okay, but I'd rather ______ to a movie.'
a. to go b. be going c. have gone d. went
14. I don't remember ______ of the decision to change the company policy on vacation. When was it decided?
a. telling b. being told c. to tell d. to be told
15. I couldn't find Jo at the party last night. If I ______ him, we'd have been happy.
a. meet b. met c. have met d. had met
16. She said she ______ that film several years before.
a. had seen b. has seen c. saw d. would see
17. The secret of getting good marks is to keep ______ in the exam room.
a. calm b. calmly c. calming d. calmed
18. ______ you change your mind, I won't be able to help you.
a. If only b. Because c. Unless d. Provided
19. Big cities like New York and Tokyo are ______ populated.
a. greatly b. densely c. closely d. variously
20. ______ in some developing countries may be the cause of poverty and hunger.
a. Modernization b. Literacy c. Pollution d. Overpopulation
21. ______ Christmas Eve, people often have parties late at midnight.
a. On b. In c. At d. For
22. A lot of things ______ to the house before we can move in.
a. need be doing b. need to be done c. need being done d. need to do
23. Had he learned the lesson well, he ______ more confident now.
a. would feel b. would have felt c. will feel d. will have felt
24. When I met John, he ______ from his university already.
a. graduated b. was graduating c. has graduated d. had graduated
25. He got an excellent grade in his examination ______ the fact that he had not worked particularly hard.
a. on account of b. because of c. in spite of d. Although
III. READING COMPREHENSION
A. Read the text below and then decide which answer - a, b, c or d – best fits each space.
In many countries in (31) ______ of industrialization, overcrowded cities present a (32) ______ problem. The (33) ______ of towns is mainly caused by the (34) ______ of large numbers of people from the rural areas. The (35) ______ long-term solution is to make (36) ______ in the rural areas more attractive, which would (37) ______ people to stay there. This could be achieved by providing (38) ______ for people to go and work in the villages. Moreover, (39) ______ in the rural areas, such as transportation, health and education services should be (40) ______.
31. a. progress b. process c. procedure d. proceeding
32. a. little b. basic c. major d. practical
33. a. population b. popularity c. underpopulation d. overpopulation
34. a. drift b. gust c. current d. shoal
35. a. barely b. only c. single d. one
36. a. sights b. surroundings c. atmosphere d. life
37. a. insist b. suggest c. encourage d. persuade
38. a. incentives b. rewards c. benefits d. investments
39. a. equipment b. facilities c. means d. appliances
40. a. invested b. increased c. impressed d. improved
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
In an early survey conducted in 1888, a billion and a half people inhabited the earth. Now, the population is about six billion and is growing fast. Even though the rate of growth has begun to slow down, most people believe the population size may be eight billion during the next several years.
If we examine the amount of land available for this ever increasing population, we begin to see the problem. Not all land is useful to us because it cannot produce food. We can cut out about one fifth of it because it is covered by snow and ice. Then we can cut out another fifth because it is desert. Another fifth is mountains. The other fifth does not have enough soil for crops to grow because it is bare rock. Obviously, with so little land to support us, we should take great care not to reduce it any more or with the rapidly growing population we may sooner or later lack food to eat and place to live in.
41. What is the main topic of the passage?
a. The world's population and the shortage of cultivated land.
b. The growth of the world's population.
c. The necessity of reducing the rate of birth.
d. The shortage of cultivated land.
42. The world's population ______ at present.
a. has stopped growing b. is still growing
c. is decreasing rapidly d. stands at about eight billion
43. According to the passage, we ______.
a. can cultivate on all land. b. are not influenced by the land reduction
c. can grow crops on bare rock d. should protect land
44. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word 'bare' in the second paragraph?
a. hard b. empty c. treeless d. rough
45. Which of the following sentences is not true according to the passage?
a. Most of the world's land are uncultivated.
b. The rapid growth of population may lead to a shortage of land.
c. Only one fifth of the world's land is being cultivated.
d. There has been a dramatic reduction of the birth rate.
A. Transformation sentences
46. The teacher made his students work hard for the exam.
The students ____________________________________________
47. It was a long time ago when I saw a movie.
I haven't _______________________________________________
48. Mary didn't wear the raincoat, so she got a cold.
If Mary _________________________________________________
B. Guided sentence writing
49. Some people/ believe/ happiest people/ world/ those/ bring/ happiness/ others//
50. He/ help/ his friend/ get good mark/ explain/ lessons/ carefully//
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 THÍ ĐIỂM
Choose one word whose stress pattern is different from others
3. A. respect B. viewpoint C. wheelchair D. nuclear
4. A. celebrate B. disabled C. barrier D. poverty
II. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
Choose the best answer to complete the following sentences (1. 5p)
1. I _____ be delighted to show you round the factory
A. ought to B. would C. might D. can
2. The situation looks_______. We must do something.
A. good B. well C. bad D. badly
3. Have you heard about John? He has broken _____with his girlfriend.
A. down B. out C. into D. up
4. In case of emergency, you have to act very _____
A. decision B. decisiveness C. decisive D. decisively
5. _______ you usually feel _______before an examination?
A. Are/ nervous B. Do/ nervously C. Do/ nervous D. Are/ nervously
6. It is important that the disabled _______to integrate into learning environment like the normal ones.
A. be helped B. are helped C. is helped D. will be helped
Give the correct form of the words in the brackets (1p)
1. These volunteers mainly provided services and help for children with cognitive _impairment__ (impair).
2. You must believe in your own ability and have _confidence___ (confident) in yourself to be (success)__successful.
3. In what way do parents keep their children __motivated___ (motivate)?
Give the correct tenses and forms of the verbs in the brackets (1. 5 p)
4. The president doesn't mind (attack)................ ................. being attacked by the press.
5. The situation (recently/ change)........................................ has recently changed.
6. How did you break your leg? - I (fall).........fell off the ladder when I (put)........ was putting up the curtains.
7. His doctor advised him (go)... ........... ......to go to bed early.
8. The little boy hopes (take)..............................to be taken to Disneyland Park on his birthday.
III. READING (2. 5 ps)
Read the passage and choose the best answers (1. 25 p)
In many aspects of life, effective communication skills are extremely important. With good communication skills, people can enjoy better interpersonal relationships with friends and family. The following are some guides that can help you improve your communication skills.
Learn to listen
Listening is not the same as hearing; you should learn to listen not only to the words being spoken but also how they are being spoken and the non-verbal messages sent with them. You shouldn't think about what to say next while listening; instead clear your mind and focus on the message being received. Your friends, colleagues and other acquaintances will appreciate your good listening skills.
Try to understand other people's emotions
To understand other people's emotions, you should be sympathetic to other people's misfortunes and congratulate them on their achievements. To do this, you need to be aware of what is going on in other people's lives. It's crucial to maintain eye contact and do not be afraid to ask others for their opinions as this will help to make them feel valued.
It's advised that you offer words and actions of encouragement, as well as praise, to others, which make other people feel welcome, valued and appreciated in your communications. If you let others know that they are valued, they are much more likely to give you their best. You should also try to ensure that everyone get involved in an interaction or conversation by using effective body language and open questions.
1. What is the best title for the passage?
A. Benefits of owning effective communication skills B. Ways to improve communication skills
C. Behaviours of a good listener D. How to understand other people's emotions
2. Why are effective communication skills important in our lives?
A. They help us enjoy a calm state of mind. B. They help us catch people's attention.
C. They help us build good interpersonal relationships with others. D. They help us improve our communication skills
3. What should listeners do while someone is speaking?
A. Listen attentively to what is being spoken and how it is delivered.
B. Not listen to the words spoken but learn how they are spoken
C. Think of what should be spoken next.
D. Only pay attention to the words being spoken, not the non-verbal messages sent with them.
4. According to the writer, what is the way to feel other people's emotions?
A. We should show sympathy for other people's bad luck. C. Ask others about their emotions
B. We should express congratulations on other people's success. D. Both A and B are correct.
5. What should we do to involve everyone in an interaction or conversation?
A. Discourage them through words and actions. B. Use body language and open questions.
C. Let others feel valued and appreciated. D. Make others feel welcome in your communication
Read the passage and choose the best option to fill in each blank. (1. 25p)
An important part of being an adult is becoming more independent from your parents. _____(1)_____ independent, you'll need to focus on your living situation, your financial resources, your budgeting behavior and possibly how you interact with your parents in your day-to-day life.
Make sure you are living somewhere other than your parents' house or in a residence that your parents have paid ____(2)____. If you want to be independent and make your own decisions about how you live, you will need to obtain your own housing that is completely separate from your parents both physically and financially.
One of the main challenges in becoming independent as an adult is acquiring a sufficient income to allow you to live without the financial ____(3)____of your parents. This can be particularly difficult if you are still a university student, but it is not impossible. Seek scholarships and part-time jobs. If you are ___(4)____ a student, find employment that offers a salary that can cover your expenses. Avoid relying on your parents as the first option for help of any kind. Although your parents will always be an important source of social support in your life, your parents should not be the first people you approach with requests for help, or requests for financial assistance. This means that you may never ask your parents for help again, it just means that as an independent adult, there should be ___(5)____ sources of support within your life that you can turn to when necessary.
1. A. to becoming B. becoming C. to become D. become
2. A. to B. of C. at D. for
3. A. assist B. assistance C. assistence D. assisted
4. A. no longer B. not longer C. no long D. any longer
5. A. other's B. others C. another D. other
IV. WRITING (2. 5 ps)
Rewrite the following sentences (1. 5p)
1. You are not allowed to wear casual clothes to school. (must)
=> You..................must not wear casual clothes to school ...............
2. My secretary sent the bill to Mr. Harding yesterday. (cleft sentence in the passive)
=> It was the bill that was sent to Mr. Harding yesterday by my secretary.
3. Tom and Jerry haven't talked to each other for 2 years.
=> The last time......Tom and Jerry talked to each other was 2 years ago............